Rf2Rift - rFactor2 Oculus Rift Plugin and Tools

Discussion in 'Other' started by vittorio, Aug 15, 2013.

1. davidmi58

davidmi58 Registered

Very easy to do this. Just remove or rename the trackir plugin from the plugin directory in RF1, to keep from having conflicts, and put vittorio's fantastic plugin in there. Run tridef and configure within the program using the settings in this thread. (RF2 settings seem to be fine.)

2. MDhillon

MDhillon Registered

Hi, I'm only able to get head tracking working in the z-axis. When I press the "Look Down" button to calibrate, the camera looks down and doesn't enter calibration mode. Copied Rf2Rift_1_0.dl to the plugins directory, setup rFactor 2 player profile, launched TriDef with default and downloaded different user profiles, still no love. Any ideas?

Thanks,

3. Ctuchik

Ctuchik Registered

Sounds like you still have head tracking turned on in Tridef. You need to open the OSD and turn that off, and restart everything.

4. Ctuchik

Ctuchik Registered

Anyone own Game Stock Car and can try the plugin with that?

Anyone try night driving on Essington Park yet? I'd like to hear some reactions. :D

5. davidmi58

davidmi58 Registered

I have the plugin working but the calibration routine does not run for me, either. My look down works like yours.
    (The plugin works well, even so. Make sure you remove the trackir plugin from your plugin dir.)

6. Ctuchik

Ctuchik Registered

For the record, I've tried the rF1 plugin and Tridef with Game Stock Car 2012 demo, and it works pretty flawlessly. Tempted to get 2013 now.

7. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Great info Ctuchik! :D

8. 22raoulduke

22raoulduke Registered

Having a problem hope you can help!

I'm getting no head tracking when joining a server hosted on my PC :(
    My friend joined the server and his Rift works fine, but as host I get no tracking at all. He then tried hosting and he had the same problem. Also, after exiting the server head tracking doesnt work with any rift app and the rift calibration tool can no longer see the rift, the host has to reboot the PC to get the Rift working again.

Any ideas?

9. elbo

elbo Registered

I can't help but want to report a similiar problem.
    From boot I can start tri-def and use the rift just fine but if I exit the game I have to do a reboot to get the plugin to recognize the rift again.

10. Ctuchik

Ctuchik Registered

Unfortunately GSC 2013 doesn't start at all with Tridef. Strange, since 2012 works perfectly. 2013 has a free trial if anyone wants to give it a shot, I have not been able to figure it out...

11. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I'm trying to reproduce this problem this weekend.

AFAIK you are using win8 and others don't have this problem. Is this is a windows 8 problem?
    EDIT: Oh, I didn't see the "Also, after exiting the server head tracking doesnt work with any rift app and the rift calibration tool can no longer see the rift, the host has to reboot the PC to get the Rift working again." part of the post.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
  12. vittorio

vittorio Registered

I tried this and it's the same here. The reason for this is because the dedicated server loads the plugin too. Only solution I could find is to remove the plugin before starting the server ( = before clicking on Host in rFactor2 Launcher) and putting it back in after clicking on Host. I'm searching for a better solution ...

13. 22raoulduke

22raoulduke Registered

Ah, nice1, figured it had something to do with 2 instances of rfactor2 running :)

Ok, we will try that as a workaround, thanks alot.

Again fantastic work you've done here vittorio, flying around the Nordschleife in the rift is absolutely amazing, if you have a paypal link Id be happy to send you a token donation :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
  14. Ctuchik

Ctuchik Registered

I'll second that, amazing work. I found some more driving nirvana today in the rift with rF1. Interlagos, Knutstorp and Norschliefe with a Volkswagen, H-shifter and manual clutch, got lost for hours. Also GoKarts is crazy. :D

15. MichaelB

MichaelB Registered

Hello Vittorio, i´m from Germany :)

I have Installed and changed all in the 2nd Instruktions you post. And Rfactor2 doesnt run and abort if he go to the main menu. Other Game only do not run like Fallout3 or Counterstrike Source...
    I buy TriDef 3D 5.10 and updatet to TriDef ignition 3.7.7b1 ->"This beta version must be installed on top of an existing TriDef 3D installation". I dont know why rFactor2 do not run :(

regards

16. MichaelB

MichaelB Registered

EDIT: i uninstall all these TriDef and Install only the 5.10 version, and rFactor2 is running.

2# EDIT:
    I have these aborts when i switch the Monitor with "Windows+P".
    Rfactor2 runns with advanced setting, not with Double or only Projektor setting thats i would switch to OkulusRift. I have the Okulus typical splittet view on my main Monitor not on Okulus. its MindFu++ing.
    I switched the Monitor and Okulus on the DVI, but i have the same problems. Its a GTX560Ti SLI System.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2013
  17. vittorio

vittorio Registered

Hi MichaelB!

I never used Windows+P but NVIDIA Control Panel->Setup multiple displays. There I select my Monitor and Rift DK in 1.Select the display you want to use. Then I right-click on the monitor symbol beneath and select Clone with->1 (after that I select clone source to be the Rift by right clicking again on the monitor symbol)

EDIT: I don't think that TriDef 3D 5.10 alone will work with the Oculus Rift. What version do you get when you click on Help->About in Tridef 3D Ignition?
    On my system I get:
    TriDef 3D 5.10
    TriDef 3D Ignition 3.7.7 Beta 1

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2013
  18. MichaelB

MichaelB Registered

I haved to figured out what the problem is. And i just know it is not the TriDef Version. I have the Ignition 3.8 Beta 4.

I clone the Monitor you said, i have bekome the Information "the SLI performence is lower now". And i startet rFactor2 in TriDef. It Shows the cloned monitor but if rFactor2 1 sek. in the Game-Main menu, where i can go CUSTOMIZE or choose the Racetrack rFactor aborts and said " rFactor2 do not go anymore, it will search for Solutions".

Only Rift DK runs, but i didnt see the full desktop.

regards

EDIT: I Disabled SLI, and it Runs with cloned Monitor. Seems there looks for Working for SLI Ready. But hey, its a DevKit. I´m happy with that, first. Next Step. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2013
  19. kosmo1982

kosmo1982 Registered

Thanks vittorio for your guide for rf2 and rift. I was a bit confused when it arrived and didnt know how to setup it.
    Tbh im a bit dissapointed with rift. Its so pixelated i cant find it fun in any game i tried so far. Strangely it works much better for me for watching movies than games...

20. jiffymarker

jiffymarker Registered

Is there a possibility of using my rift for pitch, roll and yaw. Then using my trackir 5 for xyz? I'm sure there will be some plugin conflict but has anyone had success?