6 Hours of Mid-Ohio, Driver Swap Teams Event

Discussion in 'Online Racing Discussion' started by Guy Moulton, May 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guod

guod Registered

Entries so far:

LMP1
    7 - All French Racing
    9 - CR Team Racing
    10 - SimHQ Motorsports
    88 - Team Hot Wheels

GT2
    0 - Team SSR
    15 - Team rmR
    18 - BPM
    35 - SimHQ Motorsports
    62 - Team SoCal
    s1 - SinL 1

2. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

3. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2013
  4. Paul_Ceglia

Paul_Ceglia Registered

I have some buddies from SR4L joining me. Once we sort out our times Ill post an official entry.

5. Ronnie

Ronnie Registered

Just realized that F1 race is the same time as our 6h race. I'm devastated. I've never missed a race for 11-12 years.

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2013
  6. Capeta

Capeta Registered

F1 isn't very interesting and a pure sport today so, I don't care, I prefer race with my own team than watching a race.

7. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

F1 takes the win here too.

But I will be following these endurance events.

8. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

So watch a replay. there's plenty of places online to d/l and watch it after. That's what I have done with F1 for the past 5 years. I almost never watch any race live.

9. lachgummi

lachgummi Registered

How we will handle the overtakes in this race. In ALMS I think the slower cars drive on the racing line and the lmp1 cars search the way to pass.

10. Capeta

Capeta Registered

Yep, but there is a little help from the GT sometimes, they don't close the door at braking and don't try to do the best lap or their lifes if they have a proto behind.

11. lachgummi

lachgummi Registered

i think it is important to make some rules. So everybody can have a great race without incidents during overtakes.
    What do the other think about this topic.

12. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

in my opinion, the slower car should hold its line and maybe go for a late turn in, the LMP cars will be able to brake much later and should be faster on the straights as well.

the LMP cars should be patient though, the track is narrow and has alot of follow-up corners, it might not always be possible to overtake a slower car right away.

13. Luc Devin

Luc Devin Registered

Hi
    In the slowest reality is on its fastest path must wait in the corner and if not instead, double off course.
    Straight no worries lol and it makes sense.
    After everyone will do their part and let go faster but it is you who are off course.

I search seat if you need a driver
    LMP or C6R no worries. MP here

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2013
  14. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Sorry but i could not make sense of anything in that post

15. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

If a faster car is making an overtake inside the other car needs to leave room. That said faster cars cant divebomb and need to be smart. I have been in a p1 before and a gt has slammed the door shut on me. What happens is 2 DNFs. Remain aware of your surroundings at all times. If in doubt leave room.

16. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

GT's need to hold their normal line. If you try to help the LMP by you will generally get hit because LMPs don't expect any help. The only help that normally works is if you brake early, and only brake early if the LMP shows intent to pass on the inside. DO NOT brake early if the LMP car is right behind you in the same lane. When going around a turn, do not fight to try to stay on the inside as an attempt to give an LMP room on the outside. LMPs have way more DF and typically don't need the outside and will not expect you to try to give the outside and will end up rear ending you. Do not go back and forth. Trying to make room for an LMP on straights. Make one move and stay there.

Number one rule, hold your line. You will hold up an LMP more by being unpredictable or compromising your own line in an attempt to help an LMP. We get used to your normal pace and if you are off pace because you are running a compromised line it just makes things worse.

GTs should never try to outbrake an LMP. We aren't even racing each other, you have nothing to prove. Do not brake early to let us by and then try to retake us around a turn. Often times when an LMP is over taking a GT, we take a compromised line through the turn (mainly low speed turns) and the GT is actually capable of putting up a fight. This only puts both cars in danger.

17. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

Sounds reasonable. Turn Signals for the cars would be a pretty good addition to rF2 as well. That way you could easily signal an upcoming car where on the track you will be staying for its overtaking move

18. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

In the league I normally race in we use the headlights a lot. GTs flash to let us know they plan to yield. We prohibit flashing of lights to tell people to get out of the way though. You will get a penalty for it. We also turn on the headlights when we plan on entering the pits. At night that doesn't work so well though. :)

19. Hermmie

Hermmie Registered

hehe yeah.. well it would be really good to have a headlights AND a high beam option to flash, maybe that will be implemented someday

20. lachgummi

lachgummi Registered

I think this is a great option we can use for this event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.