New content badly needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GUBBA, May 1, 2013.

1. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Corvette is still horrible to drive, and ISI know that. They state the car physics was in a very early stage and ask for wait the final physics.

Did they? show me where id like to read this please Satangoss, thanks.

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

What they said was that we shouldn't get to used to it because something with the tire model was going to be changed... And it is now.

3. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

Nice laps! Both of you :) might be setup difference too ... might also be driving style of one car vs other - i find the GTR is much easier to drive than the corvette for me ... Others think the opposite.

4. baked bean

baked bean Registered

ahh i see, and i remember that too, just thought he knew more. C6R is fine

5. Panigale

Panigale Banned

I respect your opinion (and for some useful AI comments in another thread) but I don't think ISI was quick to release the C6R at 1.4x content because that felt it was in a green state. I owned a C5 Z06 many moons ago and currently own a C6 GS (with a lot of toys and track days inbetween), granted they are street cars on street tires but I could not throw them around a track so easily like I can the ISI C6R.

At LRP uphill chicane (ALMS layout) I can do 50.5-6 for Q. That is already beyond the RL time that spec car can do there. So this tells me the car is slighty too grippy or too powerful or the track isn't 100% accurate. Close enough for me though and I very much enjoy it. I'm not as quick at Sebring 12h but pulling down low 2:03s. Car is stable, using sort of close to OOB settings and I can throw it around harder than I would push any street car I've had at the track, maybe with the exception of an Ariel Atom but that thing doesn't weigh much.

When you say it is horrible to drive it would be interesting to know what you are comparing it to. There was one guy with a C5 Z06 on the corvette forum years ago that bought an Mazda R8 instead and liked it better. Said he could put the gas down coming out of corners with no worry. Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2013
  6. baked bean

baked bean Registered

I always drive the vette with front df splitter @ 1 and never more than 24 at the rear(@LRP too), even down to 14-13 at monza. Its got plenty of grip, just have to adapt your driving style for the car like K Szczech says.

7. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Maybe he do, but I don't think they ever said that ;)

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Ok, now I got it, I'm playing maybe another game!

9. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

Exactly what i thought after reading just the thread title.

I don't mean to sound harsh but simulations are not for everyone.

10. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Maybe OP must change the thread tittle for "regarding grip levels" :p

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

it isnt about my driving skills, I dont feel that car specially in some tracks like Poznan and Croft! things get better at Mid-Ohio and Spa!
    That video with my lap at Putnam park was my first lap and with the default setup.

12. Steven Mosley Jr.

Steven Mosley Jr. Registered

I haven't actually driven the Marussia or Corvette, but the Skip Barber is pretty good quality, IMO.

The GT series cars are abysmal though. Not sure how old it is, but it's almost not even worth having installed because the cars are so glitchy.

I would rather see them patch and polish what is out there, then focus on new content. We have a little bit of everything to drive. Now we just need more tracks.

13. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

The Clio, Megan,the Skip and the 370Z are good for me!
    I can drive and pushing the 370z in every track, because I can feel the behaviour of the car!

14. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

I also respect your real life experience, even more you being a happy C6 owner (one of my dreams but impracticable in my country), but you probably you'll agree the C6R racing car has few from the road version.

Indeed, the time laps are quite believable or even faster than the real life, but maybe you'll also agree this don't means a lot. I'm basing of onboard comparison. I'd look for some GT2 Vettes in ALMS or ILMS if I had time enough now and compare: in rF2 you have to counter-steer all the time. Every single corner exit and there we go trying to put the monster in line. It not sounds grippy in any sense, mainly when you see the clean drive allowed by the real car. The rF2 C6R will destroy 50 tyre sets in a full 24h race, if the driver could be capable to drive it to the final without destroy the car itself in any barrier.

rF2 is the best racing simulator I ever try, but in the specific C6R case, I got more immersion and a more intelligible driving with Race On (Simbin) C6R. It seems much more consistent than rF2 version and its driving dynamic looks more than I saw in onboard videos.

15. Bob Simmerman

Bob Simmerman Registered

Would love to see that windshield get dirty as the laps go by...

16. TTupsi

TTupsi Registered

Because you're used to it. For me Corvette felt outstanding right from the start outstanding; it has grip, it's stable and predictable. For some reason the GT-R isn't, just for an example :)

17. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

well,thank you you for that pearl of wisdom,,i already gathered that,,,i am not a newb,,been here for a while,,,ok
    So as we we say here in old england,,,well i leave you to work it out:D

18. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

When comparing onboards you need to take into account that someone else is driving that car.

When I drive C6R in rF2, I only have to countersteer when I overdo it or when I go over a crest.

Thanks for sharing, here's mine:

Not as good as my Putnam Park lap, but still nice enough. You can see I don't have to fight with the car and the whole thing looks pretty much easy.

Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2013
  19. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

I'm sure the most have tried the F3.5 ISI Mod. In this mod there is a huge ffb and I can feel every little bumb and / or the actual amount of grip that is available. There are many tuning settings for example (rc) in the car options which influence the grip of the car.
    But for me this all made it not easier to drive fast laps :p
    If you compare the feeling of grip in F2 (ISI) mod to F3.5 (ISI) mod this is how day and night. But with both I can drive approximately the same lap times. (I know I'm not one of the fast driver ;) and sometimes I'm not able to drive fast laps with the F3.5 so I change the car to the F2 to get some results (although the feeling of grip and car feedback in the F3.5 is much better for me).
    I don't know why the F3.5 mod is so different to the other ISI stuff . (This huge grip feeling I've only with the F3.5. But I like it :)
    What's your opinion ? Which one is better ?

The style is a big part for stable lap times. My experience is that a good setup (for me it's hard to find this settings but sometimes a really quick driver share his setup and then I try it and compare it with my settings) make the driving much easier.
    So my opinion is:
    To make a general statement about this things is difficult. The whole package (driving style, car setup and the manner of physics, graphics implementation) decides between the subjective feeling of good or bad. It depends :)

20. mclaren777

mclaren777 Registered

I don't mind ISI's approach to content development. However, I am fairly annoyed that Tuttle was added to the team before he was able to release the Dallara F3 mod.

If that gets delayed because ISI assigned him a new project, I'm going to be rather upset.