Gave up beta. Waiting for the final release.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jux, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Plebre

Plebre Registered

The develop has been very slow for shure. You can't compare this with rF1, here we are paying yearly licence. By the way, since what date the clients starts to countdown for the first payment?
    I would like to see ready soon, tyres physics/temps, rain effects (I remember some old pics advertising it), effects in general, repaired and updated released content (we are dealing with the same known bugs for to must time).
    Last time I did put some laps, with several cars, I was thinking; rFactor always be rFactor, nothing close to it. But remember what bring rF1 all it splendor was the modding community. So...keep the on the good work.

Regards,

Pedro

2. Diablo

Diablo Registered

We are not paying yearly for the license, it´s the online service that fee is for. You can use rFactor 2 offline to your hearts content and to no end. Also purchasing a lifetime license is a pay once and for all deal, so no yearly fee whatsoever and a lifetime of online service, rFactor 2´s lifetime that is. Do the maths and see if you expect rFactor 2 to live long enough to merit purchasing that one.

Cheers,
    Marcus

3. Plebre

Plebre Registered

He, he, ups, sorry. And how do I supose to update it without that feeded online service?
    Already made my maths, I am on paying for yearly licence, not regreted and wishing that I will pay for long time.

4. GaryL

GaryL Registered

I think the bloke Plebre has helped solve the arguments about when is "Gold" or "Proper Release", everyone says those are words and terms that differ from person to person and their own expectations, so if we look for that date when we are told "OK guys the meter is now running on your first year fee", then at least we are all singing off the same hymn sheet and it would then be safe to assume rF2 is feature complete and more or less bug free and good to go?.

5. Diablo

Diablo Registered

You go and download the update and install it by means of the launcher or get the new build from the website and do a fresh installation, done.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You manually download the update exe, put it in the updates folder, run the launcher, go to update, then update there. And yes, without paying us anything, that's called a manual update. Auto updating, you just run the launcher, go to update, click the large image at the top left. The launcher will automatically look for an update, download it, check it, install it, verify it.

Or each time we update the full installer, download, install.

We also do not want you to pay a yearly fee. We want $85 for the product, because that's what we believe it will be worth. Pay that, and you never have to pay anything again. We understood, however, that it was above the price range for some people, so we offered another option, but tried to discourage use of it for those who could afford the lifetime option. The standard pricing simply allows us to get the lifetime price out of you over time if you choose to pay the yearly amount (if not, we lose out, but so be it). Feel free to compare our pricing to other sims.

7. 88mphTim

Everyone had a different interpretation of - and some disagreed with - the beta label, too. A name change doesn't get everyone in agreement. Makes me laugh to think we'd be silly enough to try. :)

What we've done, is stopped calling it anything. We're saying it's in development because - it is. We're saying it's released because - it is. If you need to call it something, go ahead. Try Marc, that's a nice name. :)

8. 88mphTim

We've already announced the meter runs for those who purchased before January is to start in June.

9. MrDaniels

MrDaniels Registered

And with that...the thread fell strangely silent..........

10. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Uhh... will it be "optimized" before the meter starts? :) sorry i cant give it up. Im hounding tim any where i can find him!

11. 88mphTim

There are optimizations in every build, so yes, both before and after the meter starts there will be changes. It will be an ongoing development process. :)

12. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Actually, lifetime option was added after community request.

It may be true now, that lifetime is your base option and subscription is an alternative, but originally it was subscription based model that was primary (and only) option :)

13. Bart S

Bart S Member

So when will rfactor 2 Marc become rfactor 2 Marc 2 ??????
    Ha Ha Ha
    On a serious note basically Marc is right and the things we need are triple screen supported fully, the 5.1 sound working properly + many other things that everyone would consider a game rounded off for a release. If meter starts in June these basic interface things need to be fixed for then, if they have small tiny bugs ok but there not they are big parts of the experience altho not complete game wreakers they are really annoying and leave alot to be desired.

Anyway I do actually believe these things will be fixed by June anyway, its on there consience especially when the meter starts running.

14. tjc

tjc Registered

rMarctor 2...

:p

15. Bart S

Bart S Member

You've been Marc'd

16. spider19462000

spider19462000 Registered

17. 88mphTim

Correct. :) The pricing point was what we wanted it to be, and that's why the lifetime is the amount it is. But yes, the chicken hatched the egg, and gave another chicken. :)

18. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Just to add my 3 cents to the whole "gold" discussion - I see one major difference to other titles here.

When you look at iRacing or Assetto Corsa - they offer / offered smaller package at first, with limited range of features, and then started / will start building on top of it.
    This is the kind of "ongoing development" customers will understand.

With rF2 it's a different story. We have much more features, but many of them haven't reach some "base state", yet. ISI is working on all features at once and that's why many of them are incomplete.

For example - neither iR nor AC have dynamic track surface. rF2 has it, but it's not yet working as it should. And this is not the kind of situation many customers are used to.

19. 88mphTim

Never said he wasn't right about those things, I agreed multiple times and it didn't seem to get through. He even thought I was sidestepping what he'd said, because I wasn't arguing with him. In fact, I wasn't arguing with him on that, because I wasn't arguing with him on it. I only debated the other things he said, which were never understood. :)

20. 88mphTim

That's what Marc has been saying, and something I haven't disagreed with. :)