Jeremy Miller tweets (Senior Programmer at ISI)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by TIG_green, Feb 21, 2013.

1. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

For me this is the biggest showstopper at the moment.

You can't do proper endurance race with dynamic weather because 10-12 cars can dry racing line almost completely with just one pass.

I know it's waiting for proper implementation, but at least we could have a setting in server configuration file, to change that accelerated rate into something more usable for racing.
    As long as we have such limitations, rF2 serves me mostly as development and sprint racing platform.

2. Alesi

Alesi Registered

almost 2 month no update(

3. PRLamers

PRLamers Registered

And then after all this time what do you get? Mainly some bug fixes judging from Jeremy's tweet.

4. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

That doesn't bother me, actually. Number of builds we get has nothing to do with development pace. We may get build X and then build X+5 two weeks later, or we can get build X+20 after two months. Not to mention build number doesn't measure progress, either.

We get them when we get them (when they're stable and contain significant updates), that's all.

5. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Let them hold off on releasing builds untill it's a good one, the wait will be worth it then (-;

6. coops

coops Banned

^^ it will be if its just not bug fixes and actually things finished or had major improvements. need it ASAP the talk on here is getting dull. think i will wait till some1 from our league says theres 1 b4 coming back to the forum....BYE

7. speed1

speed1 Banned

Matter of time or secrets ? If we ever have a complete physics before competitors publish their product. I'm not sure but I'd feel too uncomfortable if all eyes would be are on me. May i would keep it unfinished to keep some secrets, if there are some, to not give an idea about the design and reduce the risk.

8. Minibull

Minibull Member

Hahahaha, yeah I've always thought about this in the past, like the whole Microsoft and Sony console wars. Waiting for one to release before you release yours XD
    Kinda like if they actually have the whole sim completed and they are just waiting for AC or PCars to come out and then just release everything all at once in one big update XD

But no, they couldn't do that. There would be some hella pissed people around here lol...

...not that it's any different to now it seems ;)

9. Alesi

Alesi Registered

im not talking about number of update, im talking about updates as it is. 2 month a lot of time - and if it will be just bugs fixes its disappointing.
    every build if its not every day|week - should be a step forward (big one) )), sometimes its seems we are not moving..

10. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

I'm sure the guys who are working full-time will be pleased with that comment :)

11. tjc

tjc Registered

Got to +1 this as it`s just how I see it too...

:)

12. Minibull

Minibull Member

[​IMG]

13. speed1

speed1 Banned

Exactly what i'am thinking about, but even if it was true and it would be complete after those mentiouned are released there is still another big competitor still searching for nirvana on it's tire physics. :)

The times have changed. Previously, most have the isi engine licensed and learned from. Nowadays it is more risky and would be a loss to show off to early. ;)

The most users don't notice at all something's because it is already in it's non finished state better than anything.

May i should come back on 2014 to feel the completly developed tires and physic. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2013
  14. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

2 days left...could this be the longest period between builds? not that I'm bothered at all just purely curious!

16. C3PO

C3PO Registered

The fact that he is quiet is good news for a new build !

17. Bart S

Bart S Member

I managed to restrain myself this time, dam it was hard. For some reason the excitement of a new build really gets me buzzin, its like smelling coffee before drinking it, mmmm.
    Looking forward to exploring whats been done, I think main ones are tyres and shadows.
    Comeon Jezza you know you cant wait to show us what you've done.

18. guod

guod Registered

19. o0thx11380o

o0thx11380o Registered

I hope so badly that we get lod and shadow distance tweaks in this next build. If we do I will be very very happy indeed.

20. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

These are set in tacks themselves, not in game engine.

I think some people are getting a bit overexcited about new build. Sometimes longer break means there was some important work to do in engine core for stability and future developments. I recommend not to assume anything just because it took longer.
    Progress made, observable by average user, is rarely proportional to time spent.
    For example - I'm currently refactoring my framework. It's going to help me with my future projects, but will make no noticeable difference to end user.

Also, it's July / August - a perfect time to take some break at work :)

Just stay tuned - we'll see when we get it.