rf2 graphics quality expectations

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nazirull Safry Paijo, Feb 18, 2013.

1. DmitryRUS

DmitryRUS Registered

What prevents ISI remain on the old schedule just to add more shadows .. in this new not exquisite graphics engine.

2. stonec

stonec Registered

3. Seth

Seth Registered

4. vali

vali Registered

Unfortunately not... worse graphics, 16 or so FPS, stuttering and the look & feel is not natural at all :(. I am almost sure it is because my old micro (Core 2 Duo E400). I will know when I'll upgrade it.

I think there is a missundertanding here. I said nonthing about performance on AC, but pCars. Some users reported a deadzone and I said if the final game have that and if the final game have a bad netcode (like nkpro) I will not buy it, even if it surpasses the pCars almighty graphics and had better framerate than rFactor in my own system. The playability (does this word exists) is the key for me. Good to know it has better FPS in your system, as it will probably be better in mine too.

Just for the record, I don't think my G25 will be broken when I get an offroad trip on rFactor 2. IRL if you go off the track things are not smooth at all. Input lag is a deal breaker for me too. I use a value of 2 (max 4) smoothing in rFactor2. Of course I can live with a bit of it, but things like we got with games like shift (1 and 2) are a No-no.

Fortunately we will get a beta to try, so I will know all this thing before buying it. As I said it before, I don't know right now since I did not tried it.

Ran out of batteries last week :(

5. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

Difference is that IRL steering parts are made out of iron. Your wrists will break before the car. I am not sure if these Logitech plastics are up to taking the rF2 beating for very long time, so I set my smoothing at 32 :D

6. 10speed

10speed Registered

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2013
  7. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

@Seth

Did you check new update?
    Lighting and contrast is noticeable better now:)

2pm

[​IMG]

8. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Honestly should be OK at 12-ish ;)

9. Skynet

Skynet Registered

very true

10. Seth

Seth Registered

Ahhhhhhhh thanks feels3. The picture looks great.
    I Will download the update ASAP.
    ;)

11. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I really like the lighting and contrast, sure it could be improved but much better than before :)

12. pas74

pas74 Registered

build 156 the track poznan with the corvette it's amazing!!! really great job ISI!! graphics must be always improved!!!! that's the way i like it aha aha ahaa!!!:D

13. argo0

argo0 Registered

Yeah, the lighting has made a massive difference and most tracks look much better. Poznan looks especially beautiful, and this game is shaping up to be a right treat graphically. And, frankly, it feels great to say that.
    I watched the AI drive (haven't had much of a chance to drive the new build yet) the 79 mod round Poznan earlier today with different times of day for P, Q and R. It looked sensational and I was grinning from ear to ear. For some reason I get better FPS with that mod than any other, but I digress. Apologies!
    As pleased as I am for us users that its starting to look so good, I'm also delighted for ISI.

There are many things holding it back still but I know they're working hard and I'm starting to feel that we're all nearly there. I hope they continue repaying my faith in them.

14. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

15. Alesi

Alesi Registered

16. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

18. Alesi

Alesi Registered

thats im talk about optimization or a new g.engine

19. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Honestly, Ive given up on rF2 ever looking good. It's a subtle update from rF1 with a couple of fancy options but that's about it for me.
    And I could even live with the fact that it looks a bit dated if the performance reflected that, but that's sadly not the case.

20. Alesi

Alesi Registered

+100500