Get mod - c6r

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hoser70, Feb 2, 2013.

1. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

I haven't gotten one "GET MOD" to work for the few servers running the C6R out there. Has anyone else?

2. REDRUM

REDRUM Registered

Nope, me either... you simply need to make sure you have ALL of the latest maps that are out, and possibly some of the older versions installed.

I found yesterday I couldnt join a server because I had an older version of Orchard Lake, once I updated it I was able to join.

3. coops

coops Banned

we have had similar issues with our server the first person seems ok then the next cannot get it. we have reported it i think through another member.

4. DerKutscher

DerKutscher Registered

I also have a problem with GetMod and C6R! Have a vmod made ​​everything as always. But when I click on getmod comes the message: Mod could not be instlled ..........

All other vmods go and all the other servers. But it just does not work with C6R. And I do not know why.

greeting

Mike

5. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

That's not the problem. The mods just fail to load or do anything for that matter. When you don't have tracks it will tell you by listing the track in red. The C6R mods do nothing when using GETMOD.

6. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Thanks guys. It sounds like a bug then. Perhaps this thread could or should be moved to the technical issues area.

7. MJP

MJP Registered

As I type there's a server 'F1CEL Corvette C6R GT2 - Estoril' which has 'Get Mod' working, vMOD installed ok and I was able to join the server no problem.

8. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Yeah but are you the only one in there? Can more use GET MOD to join while you are in it?

9. MJP

MJP Registered

Yep, there's 1 guy in there and after I uninstalled the vMOD I just used the 'Get Mod' feature again to join him in there.

10. henri200

henri200 Registered

I'm the guy responsible for the F1CEL server. There seem to be 3 things that should be checked if the "Get mod" doesn't work on your server:

1) Make sure you have the HTTP port open, it's under "HTTP Server Port" in the multiplayer.ini file. Also make sure you have HTTP download enabled (also in the multiplayer.ini file).

2) If you create a mod for your server, then before installing it to the server, make sure that it doesn't have any spaces in the file name.

3) By default, the mod file has to be in rFactor2\Packages folder, but you can change the location in the multiplayer.ini file.

11. Radar

Radar Registered

1) Done.
    2) Done.
    3) Done.

Still fails... :(

12. Bryan Birtwell

Bryan Birtwell Registered

I run !F3 Fanatics!, This Corvette MOD works just fine in my vMODs and there have been over 50 racers that have utilized the Get MOD button on my server this weekend. If I am wrong or you have had a problem using my Get MOD button, let me know via the F3 Fanatics thread.

If you guys are running a personal server from home or your office... Just DMZ it in your router's settings, turn off Window's firewall and be done with it.

And... you guys aren't ticking the boxes on the last page of making the vMOD, where you can "tick" the track(s) and vehicle(s) are you???

Only way I've found of accidentally making a bad vMOD is to use the "Back" button during the process. Using that blasted button breaks it every time... Breaks in different ways depending on when or at which point it's used.

Clear as mud right?

Hope this helps,

Bryan

13. Radar

Radar Registered

Will give it a shot Bryan..

Thanks henri for the vmod, will have a look at what Bryan suggest (DMZ) and see what happens.. It was really the last thing I wanted to do but will give it a go..

14. Dave Millard

Dave Millard Registered

Bryan, there is something screwed up... one day I join using get mod, the next it doesn't work. It isn't on my end I have done nothing different... something is askew.

15. kro388th

kro388th Registered

It has to be random , I built a vmod the night the corvette mod came out , I put the server up and 3 players joined within 30 min so get mod was working from my home PC play/host box as nobody had the vmod yet .. When i tried to grab a few from other servers i get the "Mod could not be instlled " msg ... I have no spaces in my vmod ,as did the other one's that failed .. I remember somthing about the number of characters exceding a certin number had an effect or somthing ??

IDK ... like Dave says somthings screwed up here

solar flairs ? lol

wierd ..

16. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

Its simple test you can try is to point a web browser to your server,

http://<ip address>:<http port>/<mod file name in packages>

The built in web server should respond if enabled. Also you can do a local check

http://127.0.0.1:<http port>/<mod file name in packages>

I quick test is to also bull the server details file

http://<ip address>:<http port>/server_details.json

17. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

The test doesn't matter if other VMOD GET_MOD's work but the C6.R doesn't on the same server when using the same naming convention (e.g. no spaces).

18. liebestod

liebestod Registered

I can't think of a single non-sim game that requires you to have all of the maps (tracks, in this case) for a server before you can even join. Everything else just drops you once the server switches to a map you don't have or allows you to download it from the server. Is this going to be an option for rF2? Is it already?

19. Jeremy Miller

Jeremy Miller Former ISI Senior Programmer

Well, the C6.R that we released it component (more accurate to say its multi component) not a mod. note the .rfcmp file extension. If you want to make a mod (.rfmod) with a track and the corvette component it should be able to download that mod via the get mod feature.

Also ensure
    HTTP Server Max File Size="1000" // Maximum file size, in MB, that the HTTP server will provide
    is appropriate for your mod

20. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Yes, I know this. It still only works every 5th try or for the first couple of people that join the server.