Get mod - c6r

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hoser70, Feb 2, 2013.

1. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Well, since I believe nobody on this forum actually has the means to run a proper DMZ, because that´s quite a complex thing to setup and run, I believe you mean a DMZ host which has all the packets that don´t fit any NAT rules forwarded to it?
    And on top of that you suggest to disable the Windows Firewall...

Guys, I´d be very careful with such advise! It is the quickest and dirtiest way of getting it to work, but it also rids you of any protection in the process.

Kind regards,
    Marcus

2. hoser70

hoser70 Registered

Yeah I sure as hell wouldn't recommend a DMZ host on your local PC. That's an invitation for trouble.

3. Radar

Radar Registered

Well for the purposes of testing I could try (haven't yet).. If two routers, I could always make the 1st open for rF2, then firewall and only open neccassary ports on the 2nd router connected to the 1st.. Another test I could do..

4. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Sounds a little complicated to me. I´d suggest you try that test with the webbrowser, that Jeremy came up with. Also some cmd magic goes a long way, run cmd.exe as Administrator and try:
    Code:
    netstat -a -p TCP -n -b -o
    then have a look for lines which end in "LISTEN". Maybe something is already bound to the HTTP server port, maybe even a crashed or zombified rF2 dedicated server. The next line after a "LISTEN" shows you which application is actually listening on that socket.

Also check:
    Code:
    Bind IP="0.0.0.0" // By setting this to anything other than 0.0.0.0 will cause network traffic to bind to the specified IP. This should only be set if the host machine has more than one network adapter
    As the comment says, this is useful in case you have more than one network interface.

Also worth a look:
    Code:
    HTTP Server Document Root="Packages" // Document root for HTTP server. This path is relative to path stored in data.path. data.path located in root install path