GP79 conversion with permission

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Arnao, Dec 27, 2012.

1. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Yep it's like this from conversion start... I didn't change it... maybe later.
    Still got non transparent Backfire on Brabham and shadow... It's now fixed for next update...
    I will try to add texture on spindle on each car... I've seen it s good only on some car like ferrari but other car have black textures...It'will take me longest time to fix this on each car.
    Thanks to follow and report LBIRD !!!

2. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

3. Hazi

Hazi Registered

In cockpit of Ligier I think in the windshield is kind of mirror reflection of the ground/road you go over - maybe thats why sometimes it gets messed up. (wrong colours, patterns all over).

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

rF1 did not habe in-car adjustable ARB. rF2 does. Did the 79 f1 cars have it though? Hard to find info on this sort of thing.

5. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

6. Henry Kelsall

Henry Kelsall Registered

Thanks! I don't suppose you could package it with Jarma 79,Oran park and the 60's Hockenheim could you?

7. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

no. Until we have a mod package that will be around for more than 1 week, I'm going to just do 1 track a week. At some point we'll get out of this alpha stage and that beta package will be around for several weeks and what I'll do then is make a rfmod with all the ISI tracks (since everyone already has those) and a few others.

8. Henry Kelsall

Henry Kelsall Registered

Okay, thanks

9. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

The gauges are not working in the #28 FW07 of Clay Regazzoni

I drove Lauda's Brabham around Jarama too, and I didn't find any issues at all with it. But I understand why he retired after the 79 season!

10. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Thanks Guy to reply not much time to do it...
    So yes Hazi I've just had a look on it and sorted out I Think...
    For the Williams tach don't know what's going on after multiple check!!!:mad:
    Too much work so may be slowy now for release !!!!

11. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

No prob, no hurry.

Is anyone else getting bad tire heating and wear from the front tires? I don't recall this issue with Hockenheim and the last build. I've tried different setups, different tires and still the fronts get abused.

If there is no Friday build this week and we go 2 weeks on this build, I'll update the rfmod to include some more tracks. I'm thinking Long Beach (US West)

12. Dragos Haba

Dragos Haba Registered

I would appreciate something not so bumpy. I don't have many other complaints, since I don't have that much time to drive the cars. But they are my favorite.

13. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Has anyone heard about possibly someone converting the GP 79 trackpack?

I have noticed that the oil temp rises quickly, and at Jarama I have to keep the engine cooling ducts open a lot (I think at 4?) and at Hockenheim it was the same- just to kep the oil temp around 100C. The water temps are much cooler- always around 65-70C. On straights the engine heats up it does not cool down (faster speeds... more air over engine... should cool better) it cools down on slow corners... opposite what it should do.

I think engine cooling (specifically oil and water heat transfer) needs to be looked at. Also, look at heat production from the engine.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2013
  14. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Jarama, like hokeineim or Kialamy shake all my desk ;). My testing track are still Sebring, Mid Ohio, ISI one's, and Feel3 ones...better HDR to debug Graphics and no shaking desk. Got some hang with more than 10 AI on SPA ISI track but It work well on non ISI track like Mid with 29 AI for example.

For temp Its old HDV with minor adds so maybe I will have to check that... But if any one of you know how to correct that he is welcome to share...
    I'm still very busy by other work to do so I 've less time for modding! Still on graphic debugging.

In other hand I've found nice picture from this era.

View attachment 5813 View attachment 5815
    To see more and because of copy right go to this Excellent site www.gurneyflap.com

CU

15. Mauro

Mauro Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2013
  16. JGraf

JGraf Registered

great to see this mod in rf2.
    a detail i don't remember seeing in rf1 compared to that real FW06 cockpit above, is the left of center steering column. :cool:

17. Luiz De Boni

Luiz De Boni Registered

EXCELENT job so far from all of you developing and helping puting together the BESt rF1 mod!
    I've just did 5 laps with the Lauda's Brabham in Jarama: fantastic!

Silly question: I've downloaded G Build with Jarama only...do I need to download and install all those fix in Arnao's 1st post at this topic?

Congrats and looking forward to see more updates...and maybe run a GPC79 league in the future?

18. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

OK, I made up a new G Build rfmod for the server with
    -Essington
    -Fuji
    -Topeka
    -Limerock
    -Istanbul
    -Malaysia
    -Mid O
    -Mills
    -Monte
    -Palm Beach
    -Portugal
    -Sebring
    -Snetterton
    -Toban
    -Toronto

I will not include these with the rfmod, go d/l them separately. If you don't like the track that is on the server, choose the next one.

http://www.mediafire.com/?4d3e3enxjwe2u3y

19. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Watching the races of the 79 season, I see that they had visibility lights for the rain. Would it be possible to implement this with the mod? I think it'd just be putting a flashing light at the rear of the car instead of headlights on the front. When this is complete, I am going to do some races with it with my league and we will do at least a couple rainy races.

20. Arnao

Arnao Registered

Hi Guy,
    So yes it may possible to add it...but maybe it need rain tires add too.
    I have to find rain tyres. I know how to add it physically with ISI renault files maybe but I have no idea how to add it graphically... But you're right It's a must have...

PS: I don't know if I already say it but Hard, qualy and soft tires are the same TGM files for now.