UnitedRacingDesing presents...

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Dec 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

why does ISI need to do that?

2. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

+1 for ISI DLC. ;)

3. Kknorpp001

Kknorpp001 Banned

Because only they can

4. Jim Beam

Jim Beam Registered

informative answer...cheers :rolleyes:

5. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

it will never be written

6. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Start a new thread asking if ISI will or has ever thought about doing DLC. :p

I think I remember a thread started like that last year sometime way before the beta was released but I can't find it.

7. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Registered

I don't mind paying as long as we also get GT500 cars.

8. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Kunos will!I would give my money to ISI if they make a high quality stuff like the Nurb' or some GT1 series as DLC:)

9. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Oh, that was something to read with a coffe in the morning. Back to the topic please. thank you

10. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Think that is the problem, that is called a job, and when you have a job, modding isn't so interesting anymore ;)

Or becomes even more interesting so you can do all the fancy stuff you can't do at work because of budget and deadlines......... (guilty)

The actual idea paid sponsors and cars and track isn't even bad, it works in real life so why couldn't it work in here right :p

If feels starts a donation page, as suggested, I'm sure he will get quite some donations. But, he already has some really nice work out there, so for people who are starting out and have less to show for, donations might be significantly less. When donations come in, what do they do with them? You'll need quite some donations to be able to buy a good photo camera for example, or a wacom tablet, or spend a day on the track etc.. I'm just saying, unless people have an interesting track record, people might not want to pay anything.

About legal issues, hmm, in the back of my head I hope ventures like this won't be the downfall of the modding community as we know it. Manufacturers and/or license holders for brands, cars and track are even now starting to take down mods (porsche) who are free of charge or haven't even been released yet. What will happen when money is getting involved?

11. DeM

DeM Registered

Sad to see this taking place

12. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I just finished my morning coffee, so back to the subject,

To all those that dont see Alless' T5 mod as a DTM mod, why then do they look like a BMW and an Audi, because they want people to buy their mod and make their own skins of the real teams so they ( United Racing ) dont have to pay license fees.

If this is not the case, then why dont they come up with an " original " design and not "steal" or "rip " the work of BMW and Audi designers.
    It seems to me for that to be ok but no one is allowed to do the same to their mod.

As I have said a couple of times in this thread, I dont have anything against someone trying to make a living through their work, but in reality, this is not their work.

Also as Tim basically said, everyone has a right to express their opinion, Aless has done this by creating this thread, maybe he should have created the thread and then put in a link to their site and do all his promotional work for the team on his site.
    Tim also said that what the modders do with their work is up to them and is their responsibility.

Maybe United Racing should seek a subcontract with ISI for their work, because if paid for mods is the way of the future as so many say, then ISI will continue to make money because to use a mod, you have to buy RF2.

I think theres a great misunderstanding about exactly what the meaning of FREE is around this thread, some people in the modders community seem to mistake the meaning of free for ripped content.

I,m sure there will be some modders that associate themselves with MAK-Corp's software for paid content and free content, but why is there a need for free content to be released through a paid software sytem that controls whether your games start or not.

Ales has made his presentation, we get the idea, he has mods for sale for RF2.
    Buy them or dont buy them.

But I dont think we need to be told its the way of the future, I,m sure if it was then their would be no future, or a great drop in RF2 sales.
    People will dissappear as a great number do from Iracing after they have tried it.
    Before I buy anything, I investigate whether is what I want, I test drive a car, I go into a shop to try electrical equipment etc etc.
    I want to be able to try a mod before I commit to a payment, no trailers, no renders or screen shots, actually test drive the mod.
    Its really quite simple.

So Alles, you,ve had your say. Accept that people dont like the idea as much as you want them to accept the idea that you want them to buy your product.
    If it sells, good for you, you'll get to have another morning coffee.
    If it doesnt sell, theres not much you can do about that.

I know there will be ripped mods available, its inevitable, but just as inevitably is the fact that Free scratch built mods will be available as well.

Once again good luck.

'night Johnboy.

13. coops

coops Banned

Tim nice to see that ISI willing to take the blame for the fiddling and that you are making progress for the better so that modders would like and of course ISI, and to say you will have to go back over some of your own work means progress
    not many people would come out and say what you said (well done).

14. UnitedRacingDesign

@FatCity in reality this is not our work?
    You need to check some facts, even if something looks like something else it doesnt mean its same. "steal" or "rip" its something when you take something allready and offer it, that means copy it completly and paste it. We have none of this.
    If i look at a picture and im inspired by that than i did myself, its not a copy. Its a design that i was inspired from. It can look similar but it isnt.
    If we offer fictional cars inspired by real ones its far from what you see it. It usually works around that in world, people get inspired by something else.

And you need to read all ive sayed, im very well aware that not all will support us and ive pointed that few times out if you didnt see it. Im not forcing anybody into something, im not going around and tell people buy it.
    Its a free choise and our followers should have a normal way to follow our progress, news...

"I want to be able to try a mod before I commit to a payment, no trailers, no renders or screen shots, actually test drive the mod.
    Its really quite simple."

For that im aware that you want to do it but if i will do it will be my choise but for sure you wont go for somebody to work 300 hours and more if he would demand from you for a free test of 300+ hours of work so this is not so simple as youre saying! And other thing is from trailers, renders, videos you can see our grafical and sounds work which you will see the same if you but it and the physics part can still be worked out to in future and again ive pointed this out to few times, not all will be happy whit that as you cant do for each individual but we are doing our best here to fullfill most of the wishes.

15. coops

coops Banned

word of mouth will get you to dwn load a mod or buy it nothing else. well for me any way and i think most ppl.

geeze some1 should do a poll on that.

16. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I go to other forums where mods are released as do pretty much all the simracing community.
    If I see a mod release that I am interested in, say V8s for instance, I download it, install it into game and try it. If i dont like it I remove it and never go back to it.
    If I have to buy it to find out I dont like it, I,ve wasted my money.
    Why do we need a poll on that.

Besides that, even ISI put out a test version of RF1 to see how the online side of it would go, so I got the chance to try that, I liked what I saw, so I bought it when it was released as a full game, 3 times even.

What about a poll about who will give back my money because I dont like the mod or it doesnt live up to the advertised hype.

The only difference between your Bayro and a BMW Alles is that the Bayro doesnt have a Bavarian Motor Werks badge on it.
    If not, at least come up with your own grill design.

17. UnitedRacingDesign

@FatCity its youre free choise. If and what way we will release something we will decide. Probably there will be something free from us. Ive talked to Aleksss that has done great Audi TT DTM for gtr2 and as he wants the car in rf2 maybe we will do that one and our physics for example as an upgrade but that again is still alot of work as I never convert cars from copy/paste and if game offers more i have to adjust some stuff on the car or do them even new.

18. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

What? This thread "Has" a topic?? And I thought it was just a place to come if you feel like a slinging match!

woops! My bad..;)

No seriously guy's, some of you have real thin skins and let the stupidest things send you off the deep end. Then there's those that read a post and fly off about something that wasn't even put into the context you start ranting about!

Please!!

@Ales, You go off at a guy and say he needs to learn English like a stupid idiot over what! <3? Anyone with half a brain could have seen that for what it was given the context of the rest of the post!
    Your the OP and are trying to sell people on this idea. Take something from one post here if any at all.

Always going to get negative feedback! It was your reaction that turned it into spam.

Read the posts properly. You along with others are taking some posts way out off context. By doing this your creating your own spam.

@Tim. Maybe instead of banning people from the forums you delete all posts bar the OP and start this a fresh? Maybe now we can see the adults have their say instead of this bunch of no hoppers we've seen here so far.

19. UnitedRacingDesign

@D.Painter i appologized right away wich some people here will never do. And youre pushing it again into something not needed and right away not knowhing everything or reading youre right away insulting people.
    Like i sayed before and i see i will have to every time, im aware about negative feedback but no need to insult people or what ever and can be talked whit atleast some respect.
    It was not my reaction and i will correct you there about that as it was on other threads allready when those guys started to attack people whit no reason at all.

Opinion can be excangend in normal way but not in the way youre now approching and those guys did.
    I feel bad they had to be banned but it was not my choise and didnt asked for that. Ive sayed them few times they should change the attitude and talk more in respect way and youre doing the same way right away insulting.

I will say it AGAIN, im aware that people not all will support us but again, opinion and instulting or attacking is diferent and opinion had nothing to do whit the way some are talking here to us.
    We didnt do anything to anybody personally or what ever but some toke it personaly and way over the line and it is my right to defend our goal but its not youre right to judge something cause it doesnt do any damage to anybody actually! Its free choise of everyone itself and there is no actual harm in any perspective like some are here talking!
    Its our right to chose what we can offer, if we will sell it and for for those who wants to support us.
    Whats next? Will we start to complain to many servers using clio or megane mod only? Youre going to fight that youre experience of racing is worse becase server dont offer you what you want?
    Its everybodys choise what they will offer, a free mod, a payable mod, leagues or public server and with what ever track or mod the want to online!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2012
  20. D.Painter

D.Painter Registered

Ok I'll stop you right there my friend! It's clearly not worth read further!

You didn't learn a damn thing from this now did you.

Best of luck with what ever your trying to accomplish here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.