[REL] [Open Beta v0.3] Classic Cars Mod

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Petros Mak, Aug 14, 2012.

1. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Nah, just taking screenshots in replay mode :)

2. Nachaso

Nachaso Registered

Any news? How about some screenshots??? I just cant wait!

3. TiTaN

TiTaN Registered

hope there's a surprise coming =D

4. cosm1

cosm1 Registered

Yep!

Sorry but I'm not the best for screenshots!

http://www.simracingbase.com/

Dodge Challenger, Chevy Camaro and Lamborghini Miura i'm working on.
    I will soon post (on another tread) 2 my personal project too ;-)

P.S.

the cars are in VERY early stage, so don't be too arsh with me!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 18, 2013
  5. Nachaso

Nachaso Registered

Looking good!

6. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Ahh nice :)

7. ADUBZ

ADUBZ Registered

Someone forgot to use the proper shaders LOLOLOL

8. wgeuze

wgeuze Registered

Cosm1, were the headlights and stuff modelled or are they just textured?
    I'm curious how you guys are going to do the sounds, these cars need good ones :)

9. cosm1

cosm1 Registered

oh really??? It is clearly in T1, I haven't added shaders because it is early stage as I wrote and because there aren't good shaders with this rf2 build, and you know that. Sorry but as a team member your post just show your superficiality. Anyway no problem, I'm going to left this project and probably the entire mak corp, too many projects, too many people taken without think about...I will focus on my projects, so all the criticism will against me only :)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2013
  10. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

11. tjc

tjc Registered

Doomed...

12. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

I've really liked MAK's mods in the past so looking forward to these

Is there any news on progress ?

I thinking the next rf2 build is going to be a good one,would be great to get a few of these around this time

/-:

13. ADUBZ

ADUBZ Registered

My original Classic Cars build on rF2 had perfectly working shaders, they even work fine in this current build too so I don't know what you're are talking about (do you have all the spec and normal maps for the cars?). I don't suppose you're using 3dsimed? If so bad idea switch back to 3dsmax. I just can't comprehend why you would show photos of just T1 (hence my post - not meant to attack you was just a joke), if they at least had shaders then awesome they would be (read the posts on virtualr & bsimracing).

14. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

To the rest of the community, the progress is going fine. I'll give you a little explanation as to why its taking so long aside from not having enough people in some areas.

1) We have far more 3D artists then we do UV Mappers and Painters, and the UV map process is just as required as the modeling process. Without it, cars get stuck. So cars progress slower but we have brought new people in to help us with this, so production in this area will increase over the coming weeks.

2) One of the things we're noticing is that we cannot use old methods anymore like we did with rF1 in modeling the cars. ADUBZ can attest to this that once we added our great looking models in rF2, and even rF1, we found many bugs we didn't expect to find initially. These bugs have led to us taking time to discuss and develop new methods to overcome these in future cars and ensure all future cars are done with the base method we've developed.

The negative effect on this is that we have realized the bugs we have found have to be fixed on all previous cars we've done, and this is what is taking time. Its unavoidable if we want to ensure you all get the best quality cars to enjoy playing with.

Right now what we're doing is working on updating and fixing the Mazda 787B and the Sauber C9 so we can release a two car public beta. This weekend the 787B will be completely updated model wise. Mapping updates will be completed within the first half of next week, and then it goes to the painter and in-game guy to finalize the rest. Physics will then be done along with sounds once its in game, and then public beta release.

That's what we're working on right now neglecting all other things in order to provide a two car public beta for you all to enjoy while other cars are updated. So please be patient a little more and you'll start getting things to play with soon, every day is a day closer and work gets done each day, so its not long now. :)

Hope you all understand where we're at. I know you guys don't get to see what happens in the back end and it can often seem like nothing is being done, but on the contrary, every day things are being done, it just really takes a lot of time to do even smaller fixes.

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Ok cool...

I`m a patient sort of chap. :)

16. martymoose

martymoose Registered

Well its the first and only other in game cars from mak since the 2007 mod so for them its their best in many years.

I do hope they get this out but wouldn't hold my breath waiting for it. Looks like someone has bit off more then they can chew and maybe focus more on making mods rather then early hype and press releases that are unlikely to go beyond that stage.

Do one car at a time and get it finished then go from there, don't plan to build every single car and then get overloaded and lost. Keep the hype down and just let the news be a release or beta release at least not just statement of intention before you have even got anything ingame in the future maybe.

17. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Your project is very interesting. Looking foward to see some released content :)

18. Yarach

Yarach Registered

Hello again!
    Here is another small teaser of a .rFm image I made a long time ago. Every car class and car will have its own artwork in the corresponding style. This will be the main .rFm image of the Classic Cars mod.

View attachment 6844

19. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Petros

Thanks for taking the time for the in depth update

I guess it's a learning curve for you guys too on the new rf2

Perhaps rf2 will allow ultimately better results than what could be achieved in rf1 so the extra time to do things properly will pay off

Take as long as you need to produce quality

Thanks & looking forward to update & release (-;

20. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Registered

Hi Adrian.

Yes, while there are many methods from rF1 that still work and can be carried over, there is equally as much new things to learn and get to grips to. This takes time as we can't devote every single day to the mods, and if we think about some guys giving two or three days a week if that to the modding side, then you can see how it can drag on for longer periods of time.

The last week Derek (our commercial physics coder) and I have been working on the F3 car in rF2. I have to say that the physics are very good in my personal opinion. Derek has gotten to grips with developing tires for rF2 and we did race stints and longer stints too (as F3 tires in real life last for multiple races) and the tires were amazing. From cold to heated and then reaching their peak, I have not had this much fun in rF2 with any other car I've driven till now. We do plan to release an open beta of that car soon too.

The good news is that the Mazda 787B model fixes were completed today, it now goes to the mapper to have its mapping updated from there it will go to the painter and in-game guy. I will keep you all posted when that happens.

Additionally, the Sauber Mercedes C11 has also now gone to the mapper after that model was also updated this weekend. We're looking at getting those two cars done asap so we can release an open public beta to allow all of you to provide feedback for us to make it even better!

I look forward to being able to post the download link to that as soon as humanly possible. Thanks again for the support guys, know that we are working hard! :D