Rfactor 2 vs Iracing vs CARS- a newbs perspective

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by rss334, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Max Attack

Max Attack Registered

Did you like the physics in GTL? GTR?

2. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

I own a boxed copy of GTR, but it didn't want to run on my W7 box, as for GTL, I have them as a mod, and whilst ok, are inferior to the best cars in later Simbin products like Evo/Raceon.

3. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Its already happening, good times are here :)

4. DrR1pper

DrR1pper Registered

No...and all the more reason my "feelings" have no factual experience to back them up. Yet I cannot help but agree that rf2 feels more realistic based purely on my comparison of the two physics engines.

I wonder how well a good ffb correlates with higher fidelity physics engine/model.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2012
  5. Mulero

Mulero Registered

Did you like the physics in NFS:Shift? Shift2?? ;)

6. cloudXXI

cloudXXI Registered

I guess you have the 6 free month suscription of Iracing. So my advise is that you enjoy Iracing for that time, then rfactor2 will be gold, maybe Assetto Corsa is ready and pcars will be in a more advanced state.

7. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

I have had all three games, so some few words of them:

iRacing
    I like this simulation best graphics wise, it just looks right and balanced. The physics and FFB is likeable but nothing very special. I can still feel the good old NR2003 behind everything. In good and bad. Car and track options are mainly very boring, nothing of which you really want to pay 10 dollars worth. My driving with this sim ended when I was in situation of having to buy new cars and tracks to proceed on the competition ladder. It would be nice if you could actually test/try (in private testing) out different cars and tracks before making a purchase. I don't want to buy something that I am not sure if I like to drive that thing. Other major problem with this are other competitors, who are mostly annoying american pre-teens. Sometimes it felt like I was playing Modern Warfare 3 on XBox Live. I am done with this, it is a shame.

pCARS
    Don't really know what happened but I was tricked on buying the team members status. This has to be the most depressing game purchase of my life time. Sure, I was interested about the open development scheme of this title but soon I played the title I experienced how bad game it is. There is no joy of following the development anymore. The driving physics are horrible, I mean the driving feels worse and less fun than in Speed Haste. And that is truly a bad racing game. If pCARS is meant to be arcade, it is not a fun game. If it is meant to be simulation, it has no relation to reality whatsoever. The graphics really aren't that special, they look similar any mediocre next gen title. I don't ever want to touch this anymore.

rFactor2
    Well this is harder to comment at, when obviously it is very very unfinished and unpolished. The FFB feels very nice when it is not literally killing my G27. Physics wise I am not so sure about, it always feels that something is off. I can't but my finger on it but nothing really feels perfectly right. Graphics are... there are problems. Massive loss of performance without of much visual candy. Somebody tested a box car in a plane track and got massive amount of fps's, so physics calculation cannot be used as an excuse for utterly bad performance. I am mainly a modder and rF2 continues to offer great modding platform like rF1 did. Guess that is what keeps me on this bandwagon. But I look at the future where oddball mods (like Reliant Robins) are released for this game. That is what I truly like, something what iRacing and pCARS can never offer.

1 person likes this.
  8. kjay

kjay Registered

Considering the state of rFactor 2 I really don't understand your position on pCars. They are both unfinished products that have a long way to go before they are released.

9. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

It's about trajectory. rF2 has shown where it is heading, physics-wise. All pCARS has delivered in his view is content. Advances in the physics department have been almost non-existant. Honestly, I feel the same way with it; I am completely unimpressed with pCARS right now, and I have less and less hope that the final will be better because of the lack of improvement in the physics department. I also can't for the life of me get my wheel to work nicely in it; I always wind up with way too much turn-in with small inputs on the steering wheel - Something I've often found in games designed to work on a gamepad. I hope it will improve, though, as I've already paid for it and there is some very enticing content coming for it.

I should note, though, that I haven't driven in it in months now, so maybe it's come a long way, but somehow I doubt it. After driving the F2s in rF2, though, I don't want to drive anything else. Everything else is just a let-down, now.

10. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

people are forgetting Asseto Corsa.
    I think Assetto Corsa is doing great job about graphics. Didn´t read about phisics and FFB. But if they won´t miss this 2 most important features on racing sim game it will be an excellent alternative choice to rF2 to people interest in simulation.
    To me the cons i have see to asseto corsa is:
    1- few content - vehicles and tracks (and what they have doesn´t speed my heartbeat, except for Lotus stuff and laser scanning tracks)
    2- Not mod friendly, wich means to me not play 80´s F1 and other historic stuff

Just a video wich doens´t mean a lot beacuse i don´t know in what kind of setup this is running, but interesting to see:

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

People are not forgetting asseto corsa. As a matter of fact, people are not forgetting anything. You havent driven asseto corsa, so you cannot say anything about it really. So, why dont dont you tell us about something you have actually experienced?

12. jtbo

jtbo Registered

What do you mean AC not being mod friendly?

I remember reading from their site that they intend to make it moddable, which is quite a turn as previously, during NkPro Kunos was pretty strongly against moddable approach. I think that he has learned how today without modding sim is like if something missing.

At their home page, at top there is text Moddable, when you click on it you can read that it will be moddable, maybe you have been disinformed or maybe you have suspicions about how they will implement modding in their product?

I think that is reason why it is very big competitor for rF2, perhaps main competitor of them all?

13. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

14. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

Most of people here didn´t play all 3 and have opinions and read about. Or do you think no one is able to talk about graphics and lasers scan tracks when comes to fidelity, since we are talking about simulation?

Stop being such a fanboy Nikos. You are better than that.

15. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

answer=disinformed

Agree with you. If they will modder friendly rF2 has a serious copetition now.
    but i can live with 2 sims in my PC.

16. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Ive played 2. Pcars and rf2. Im frustrated about rf2s cockpits and shading, Im overwhealmed about rf2s driving, Im keeping Tim's explenations about rf2's progress, I havent driven nothing as realistic as rf2 since gpl and RBR, have you???

17. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

yes

18. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

19. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

20. SLuisHamilton

SLuisHamilton Banned

your mothers car ahahahahaah