Are we getting better graphics later?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ProTraX, Mar 12, 2012.

1. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

Hey.
    Simple question. Are we getting better graphics later in this Beta or after Release?
    The graphics at the moment are OK... But we are in the year 2012!
    This graphics at the moment seems like a 2007-2008 Cheap Game.
    I have payed 60€, yeah i like this Game and i don't want to refund it, but with this graphics rFactor 2 is very expensive!

I'm running on max settings + max AA etc... FPS are great too.

Maybe a Dev can answer, it would be helpfull for me and others.

Sorry for my english.

2. Spyder

Spyder Registered

Oh god, just realised I paid £15 for mine craft, totally forgot that the price of game software was based on graphical quality, shouldn't have paid more than £1 for that!

... Come to think of it, I paid £40 for Virtua Racing on the Megadrive back in the day, man I got ripped off with that one :rolleyes:

3. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

@To0Fast

Physics engine should costs 300$ but ISI is selling it for 60$ and gives you graphics engine for free ;)

4. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

Damn, come down guys!
    I asked a question, and sayed that this graphic is not standard of a good 2012 game.
    That is a fact!

5. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Don't worry Toofast. The question you brought up has been asked a gazillion times before so that is why people are a little annoyed when they see it again. You have an opinion and are entitled to it. Maybe ISI should setup an "Opinion" subforum. It could be the small dark star near the end of the page.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
  6. sg333

sg333 Registered

The fast drivers don't have time to critique the scenery :p

7. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

You are wrong....I'm a fast driver and i do have time to critique the scenery!:cool:

8. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

A good Racing game today 2012 needs a good Handling, much Content and good Graphics.

9. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Do you know any sim which has all of this?

I don't.

1 person likes this.
  10. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

Dirt 3 and F1 2011 are that way ->

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

No but a game that fuse the physics/FFB of rF2 and the graphic/content of GT5 would be perfect game to me!

12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

Yep the way->for an arcade games!

13. ProTraX

ProTraX Registered

@feels3: no, but its time for a change!!!

14. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

For me it's physics on par with rF2 with regards to tarmac and RBR with regards to loose surface, car content on par with GT5/6 and NFS: Porsche, and location content on par with Microsoft Flight Simulator X or Google Earth or something like that with regards to sheer amount (i.e. the whole world), above TDU2 with regards to normal streets and iRacing with regards to racing tracks.

What? If you're gonna dream, dream big. =)

15. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

I believe graphics just wasn't the top priority so far.
    Main focus was of course on physics. Graphics engine got some updates but not every aspect of it evolved since rF1 - some things have been left almost unchanged.

We will just have to wait and see how this develop over next few months. Up to this point there were more important things to do than graphics. Stuff related to physics, weather, mod packaging system, multiplayer - without these there would even be no point of releasing anything.
    Lots of things still need to be fixed or polished up. Until that's done there's no point in working on multiple fronts.

Still, I believe we're getting closer to a point, when a good window of opportunity will open for ISI to work on graphics.

16. keanos

keanos Registered

Really? Are you serious? Better graphics?

17. Jameswesty

Jameswesty Registered

Its unlikely there will be a massive change in the graphics although I'm sure some people might improve on the shaders and the HDR will get better But Its unlikely to look as good as project C.A.R.S for example. Mind you C.a.r.s still has wonky physics.

Best thing to do if racing AI is to run races at morning or dusk , there is a good reason why most photography is done at these times! RF2 also shines when it comes to weather transitions ( ISI YOU SHOULD HAVE IT SO SERVERS/RACE STARTS DEFAULT TO THIS AS IT MAKES THE GAME LOOK BETTER :p )

The best looking game with decent physics is probably going to be Assetto Corsa by the people that made netKar pro. But at the same time NKP had hardly anyone racing on-line and no AI.

In the end you will probably have to do what allot of SIM racers do and simply buy all the driving games and try and make the best of it lol .

Think of it this way for 1 year worth of I racing with some extra cars and tracks you can buy , Assetto Corsa ,GT3 , Rf2 , LFS , project cars, and Richard burns rally. from all that you can get a decent time of things Its often the case that each sim / game will have one prominent feature that the others lack or one or two cars that are good in a given sim. For example RF1 is probably still the best sim for racing F1 cars.

But in general RF2 really should have a better fundamental graphics engine and becuse of its lack of one it will probably lose out sales to "worse" games that look nicer , at the moment the general lighting and shading makes the game look quite dated despite the detail in allot of the assets.

One thing DRX 11 and even DX10 allows is really nice in car lighting and just more subtle soft shadows , shading from SSAO also helps give things the next gen look.

As I say just buy all the games its not that much I have just been looking at RC helicopter sims and they will set you back between $150-$400 each making sim racing seem cheep ( apart from i racings bull**** pricing where I bet 40% of your fee goes back into the advertising lol )

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2012
  18. Birddogg66

Birddogg66 Registered

The graphics do their job and let you know what is track and what isn't I still don't mind the graphics in GPL they serve their purpose and really is not the most important thing. Sure Great Graphics are nice but if the graphics are the thing that will swing you one way or another on the game your just whinning!

19. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

On that note, it's insane how quickly they progress. After tweaking the FFB a bit the '68 Formula One car now feels surprisingly similar to the ones in rF2. There are some differences in how the car feels on the edge of grip, but utilizing what I've learned in rF2 translates very well.
    Eh, pCARS has plenty fancy enough lighting as it is, and it's DX9. The main things that DX11 would help with at this point would be some optimizations.

I'll wait until ISI turns on some of the stuff they've currently disabled to comment on how much rF2's graphics should be improved. Though I would like a menu control for saturation etc. At the moment the things that are bothering me are mainly obvious bugs, and sometimes the whole color palette seems a tad overdone with regards to saturation, but I do like how rF2 looks like, when it's working correctly.

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

We have said many times that we are still working on this software.