rFactor2 Rank: Looking for beta testers

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hoover, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Ray

Ray Registered

I oversaw one .cch file. The 1:31 is from the SRPL_1960_10.cch file.

[PLAYERTRACKSTAT]
    TrackName=MONTECARLO_1966
    TrackFile=D:\DATEN\DOKUMENTE\RFACTOR2\INSTALLED\LOCATIONS\MONTECARLO1966\1.1\MONTECARLO_1966
    ClassRecord="*",16,91.1650,-1.0000,-1.0000
    ClassRecord="Brabham BT20 1966",16,91.1650,-1.0000,-1.0000

That's why both times are stored in the blt file, once from SRPL_1960_10.cch and once from BRABHAMBT20_1966_CHALLANGE_10.cch. The upload doesn't check for "dublicate" entries tough and it simply takes the last time/entry instead of the best one.

2. hoover

hoover Registered

Ok, that explains it. The upload script still needs to do some sanity checking, I think with rf1 Rank we had a mechanism that worked on the data *after* the upload.

All the best, Uwe

3. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I wonder if what Ray says is happening to me too?

According to Motec my laptime was 1:26.xxx but fastest uploaded is 1:28.xxx, however when I look .cch file I have this:
    ClassRecord="Nissan 370Z GT4 2012",64,88.6667,-1.0000,-1.0000

However that is only record for that car for that track in .cch files, don't know what did happen to this faster lap, which was 10th of 11 total (11th was inlap).

View attachment 3569

4. Axly

Axly Registered

One more who discovered what i think is the same issue.
    We have a league mod (meganes on a bunch of tracks) and all times ending up in that cch-file are ignored as far as i can see.
    I'm not sure what the career.blt contains (it seems that the cch-file is handled in some way, it just doesn't end up in my times afterwards), but it seems like the script should be modified a little? :)

5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I'm starting to be very skeptical about Motec times, I know my memory is really bad, but when I see times in game and look them at Motec, I remember always them being worse in game.

Also that I have same time in CCH than I have uploaded, it must be fore me that it is Motec that is in fault and not that issue with upload script others are having.

6. Axly

Axly Registered

Ahh, that's interesting jtbo. It's always nice to see causes of errors being found :)
    In our case (3 guys that I know of), the times in our own mod's cch-file are simply not registered at rf2rank, even though it looks as if the script checks it. The times in cch-files are simply not updated... Oh, and at least I don't use Motec.

Two possible causes for faulty times discovered then. One in the time processing(upload/presentation, and one caused by Motec.

EDIT:
    I just chose "restore career.blt" (excellent feature btw!) and sure enough, there are the league mod times. The shown record time is further down in the blt-file so it seems the better times are overwritten or ignored.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2012
  7. hammad800

hammad800 Registered

Just joined it. Will be posting my lap times shortly.
    One tiny request though. I'm sure it isn't that much important or that high of a priority but would you mind adding Pakistan to the list of countries? Was disappointed not to see it there :(

8. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

I think the problem lies in the Motec plugin for rf2. Notice that most tracks when you open the log file in Motec are not full loop (there is usually a section missing just before finish line). So tracks are actually a bit shorter in Motec and of course that is why you see better times there.
    If you get a track that is full loop then the times are identical (for example Sebring seems to be working fine for me).

I didn't see that happening in rf1 so its something with the Motec logging plugin for rf2 or rf2 itself.

9. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I can see that Monaco log screenshot I posted earlier is full loop, but it still has certainly 2 seconds missing, I just can't see where it is missing that time, I need to take screenshot in game and compare, then I would know.

10. Armando

Armando Registered

The difference in lap times is probably due to the MoTeC version. The RF2 plugin only works well with the latest versions of MoTeC.

11. Abriel Nei

Abriel Nei Registered

Nope, I have the latest version of Motec installed (i2 Pro 1.19.0021) and this problem exists for many tracks.

12. Armando

Armando Registered

Oh, I don't know what the problem can be, then.
    I know this issue existed when the plugin was released, and after updating my Motec it dissapeared. But I haven't checked this lately.

13. Gearjammer

Gearjammer Registered

The track layout as you see it in motec might be the issue. If it isn't created accurately, there might be some difference in lap times. If you are familiar with editing the track in motec, you can tell it to create track based on G-forces and see if that helps out.

14. Axly

Axly Registered

I took an extra look at this.. Oh, and this is totally unrelated to Motec, so a totally separate issue.

- I uploaded a practice-Megane@PortugalGT time, driven in the regular Megane mod, and that time registered fine. I can see it in both "view laptimes" and "b2b" with other drivers.
    - I then uploaded a race-Megane@PortugalGT time, this time driven in our league vmod, and then I can see that time in "view laptimes" and "my laps", but it's not visible in "b2b" mode.
    - I have also uploaded a crap time driven in "all cars/tracks", and that is thankfully not to be seen.

The difference it seems, is that "O" (practice) times seem to be changed and set equal to "R" times if they are better, but once I've driven in another mod it seems it doesn't (since I have both a slower practice time and a faster race time in the case megane@PortugalGT)
    I'm not quite sure if the game, the script, or the webpage changes the "O" times, but the common point is that I've used another vmod?

Here you see my PB as 1.42... at Portugal GT http://rf2.gplrank.info/laptimes/152/
    Here you see my BP as 1.44... at Portugal GT http://rf2.gplrank.info/b2b/56/152/ (I chose you Uwe ;) )

This is what you see in the career.blt: (girl2 is the league acronym, and the other mod)

####[CarClass] ALL_TRACKS_AND_CARS_10
    TrackName=PORTUGAL_GT
    TrackFile=C:\RFACTOR2\INSTALLED\LOCATIONS\PORTUGAL\1.0\PORTUGAL_GT
    ClassRecord="*",4,107.5663,-1.0000,-1.0000
    ClassRecord="Megane Trophy",4,107.5663,-1.0000,-1.0000

####[CarClass] GIRL2_10
    TrackName=PORTUGAL_GT
    TrackFile=C:\RFACTOR2\INSTALLED\LOCATIONS\PORTUGAL\1.2\PORTUGAL_GT
    ClassRecord="*",48,102.6895,-1.0000,102.6895
    ClassRecord="Megane Trophy",48,102.6895,-1.0000,102.6895

####[CarClass] RENAULTMT_11
    TrackName=PORTUGAL_GT
    TrackFile=C:\RFACTOR2\INSTALLED\LOCATIONS\PORTUGAL\1.2\PORTUGAL_GT
    ClassRecord="*",37,104.7294,-1.0000,-1.0000
    ClassRecord="Megane Trophy",37,104.7294,-1.0000,-1.0000

15. hoover

hoover Registered

Thanks much for analyzing the issue. I think it's mostly caused by the fact that vmods introduce new superclass names, although usually those should be disregarded by the parser. I'll have to look into that when I find some time (being rather busy at the moment).

All the best & thanks for testing!

Uwe

16. Axly

Axly Registered

No problems at all, I had some free time and since you're creating/maintaining this little gem of a site for us on your free time, the least I can do is to give you a properly checked error description. :)

Take care, and take your time.

17. hoover

hoover Registered

As of last night, the site has hit 200 users who've posted more than 4,500 lap times. Thanks again for your help in testing rF2 Rank, it's much appreciated by the entire staff!

All the best, Uwe

18. hoover

hoover Registered

I've now added the Nordschleife 1975 to rF2 Rank.

Enjoy, Uwe

19. hoover

hoover Registered

Hm, Pakistan is already in there and has been for quite a while (country Id 89).

Cheers, Uwe

20. hoover

hoover Registered

New track promotion up: Anything @ Nordschleife 1975. Have fun ;)

Uwe