Future plans for rF2?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Martin Vindis, Feb 26, 2024.

1. 3377

3377 Registered

That is unfortunately news that we expected.

It just means no new updates.
    But it doesn't mean the end of the game. It's us, the community that will decide of rF2 fate
    If modding continue to rf2, then the game will be still alive.
    Not to compare rfactor2 to grand prix 4, but GP4 was realized in 2002, still alive because of the community

For me, I term of offline/modding opportunities rf2 is still the best option
    -AMS2 is not "modable". Only skinning. Or very difficult to edit. The ai has problem with changing weather and doesn't seem to be affected by fuel like the player does (see timo dick f1 1990 season)
    -Iracing no modding, very expensive
    -Assetto corsa, no rain by default, ai is garbage. And mechanical failures are more or less not existent for the ai.

Rfactor2 has its flaws overall, but still compared to the other sims it's still my sim of choice.
    Until AC2 is fully developed and has some modded content rf2 will still be the sim to use, in my pov.

2. ApexModding

ApexModding Registered

As long as the game is not broken before it's abandoned by the devs, we'll still be developing content for it. Hopefully we will still have artists creating or porting quality tracks as the next set of cars could definitely use some specific layouts or exclusive tracks :cool:

Edit: Perhaps if Le Mans Ultimate is completed and modding is possible, we can support it.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
    pkelly, Anto870, avenger82 and 8 others like this.
  3. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

i see positives in that, I am interested in how you make 55000 sales but have 100,000 registered players?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

5. Ayrton de Lima

Ayrton de Lima Registered

It's already abandoned, they should have launched a decent hybrid system, it's 2024 and they haven't put a modern car in the simulator, that's very sad and you still can't have mods due to the lack of the system.

Anto870 and avenger82 like this.
  6. redapg

redapg Registered

It ain't over until the fat Lady sings...

trichens likes this.
  7. Ayrton de Lima

They've already prepared the microphone, they just need to announce the fat girl.....

8. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

It's been doom and gloom for how many years now? When the experts keep writing articles predicting the immediate demise of MSG I guess they'll eventually be right? Or that's at least what they're wishing for. A broken clock is correct twice a day I guess.

9. Ayrton de Lima

I'm not talking about the end of MSG, because there are workers there, far from me wanting people to lose their jobs, I'm talking more about the end of rFactor2, since as they say you can't make improvements there, only with a new game, that's it. who haven't even finished rFactor 2, a hybrid system for mods would already be valid, then they can make whatever niche game they want.

10. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

It’s my favorite sim and despite LMU growing on me it’s the one I play the most with official content and the quality mods out there especially but not only the ones from appexmodding

if MGS collapse there is still the possibility someone would buy S397 right?

I mean there is still potential in the Game and an existing user base that would still buy DLC for RF2 and LMU

If not then yes hopefully the code will be maintained alive and RF2 might become owned by the modding community

I feel bad for s397 with this uncertainty over their head

but I am happy to praise what they have delivered especially in the last 12monthd and happy to be vocal with my wallet buying content

oikworld likes this.
  11. Kronzky

Kronzky Registered

I've tried all the racing sims on the market, and don't really see anything that could replace rF2.
    Even if a new competitor should show up, they won't have comparable content.
    So, I'm not really concerned about rF2's future. If what we have now turns out to be the last version ever, I can live with that, as long as the modders don't abandon it.
    Just look at GP Legends — decades "out of date", and still has a dedicated fan base!

12. Ayrton de Lima

This could probably be the last version, but for the rF2 level we should already have a decent hybrid system, you can't even mod a modern formula one..., we have all types of cars except modern hybrid cars like the LMP1 h , that even if it appears in LMU it will be with limited tracks where we will not be able to do what is done in rF2 which is to ride on any track. I bought LMU, but it's a 15-minute game, after that it loses its appeal.

JEmilio likes this.
  13. Woodee

Woodee Registered

This obsession with hybrid?? There are other noteable cars that don't have any hint of hybrid in them!

Is it because it's fashionable? The in thing? "You get a hybrid, you get a hybrid, everyone gets a hybrid!"

Why worry about what is to come? Do you have any contrl over what happens next? No, you don't. Enjoy what you have. I swear many of you plot this game's downfall more than you claim to play it!

oikworld, Emery, Alnorate and 2 others like this.
  14. Ayrton de Lima

It's not an obsession, it's the lack of a system for cars, there are notable cars, yes and many of them are already in the simulator either as DLC or MOD, I don't want the game to fall, whoever is doing this in a certain way is the producer , I've been playing since ISI without half the problems that a lot of people claim they have and speak badly about rF2 and I've always supported it and will support it, as I'm from the engineering field I know a lot of the cars that are in the simulator and which are the most similar with the real ones in all the simulators and I really like the evolution and I don't get this nonsense that cars have to be v10 or v12 I've been waiting since I bought the rF2 it was put into beta on the ISI website for the system to be implemented so we could use it of what has been more advanced in motorsports, but it didn't happen and seeing that they are going to leave it aside when it could be the best simulator in general and quite annoying. And contrary to what you said, I play a lot, much more than I want the game to crash, like they're doing.

Ho3n3r likes this.
  15. pilAUTO

pilAUTO Registered

Automotive passion is largely reflected in the sound of cars.

And the V12 engine makes up 75% of the best-sounding cars in automotive history, period.

It's just a question of passion, not engineering or anything.

pkelly likes this.
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, but that's not what the point is, for F1. Anything since 2013 should be hybrid, and for sure the game not doing that makes doing F1 style racing less realistic.

17. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

If only Reiza could pick rF2...

OneMoreOdd and memoNo1 like this.
  18. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

Do you think Reiza can afford that?

19. Rui Santos

Rui Santos Registered

I have no idea, but if there's a company that could make rF2 great again is Reiza. Judging for what they did with Automobilista1 based on rF1, a whole new sim...

Maybe an rF3, starting from "scratch"

Alnorate and memoNo1 like this.
  20. Anto870

Anto870 Registered

In fact, you modders are to be thanked a lot for the efforts you make to keep rF2 afloat, but let's face it: the situation could have been much better if we didn't fix ourselves with rather questionable choices which, in fact, we have now seen the situation as it is And. Personally, I don't see the situation any better now if we focus only on LMU and rF2 'abandons', Racecontrol aside, and even there we are not doing well at all, between reports of incorrect behavior that are not even considered, tracks and cars always repetitive except for rare exceptions... then it shouldn't be surprising if the majority emigrate to other sims, however much better rF2 may be from certain points of view