Released Caterham Academy

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 4, 2022.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Did I mention I needed a fix for a receding hairline??? :)

Johnny Speed likes this.
  2. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

Not possible Dave...to far gone.

davehenrie likes this.
  3. ManfredK2_new

ManfredK2_new Registered

solution would be a davehenrie_upgrade.ini. But how to patch this file into you?

4. redapg

redapg Registered

[​IMG]
    :)

pkelly, davehenrie, Corgan and 2 others like this.
  5. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

As would I mate, I can drive it in the dry (I don't think ive got the problem with FFB fall off, and I can deal with the sound because it may not be the greatest but at least it functions and you can hear the revs) but in the wet its just terrible as the because the tire sounds completely dissappear its hard to tell when you are locking up, sliding or wheelspinning.

RaceNut likes this.
  6. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

As there cars were you could not skipshift, but you could shift without usuing the clutch, even with autoclutch of. Now after @redapg's fix you can skip shift, the clutch remains the same though, its still possible to shift without it, but I usually use it any way for smoother shifts

RaceNut likes this.
  7. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

If I click the download link, I get untrustworthy site.

Corti likes this.
  8. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

For me it does'nt open a site, just downloads, but his site is trustworthy and ive had no problems with his links.

9. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

One thing to remember about the Radical sound, the engine is a Suzuki Hyabusa Motorcycle engine isn't it? A real screamer compared to a more conventional powerplant.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2024
    pkelly likes this.
  10. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I get it's a motorcycle engine but, real-life videos (in-car & track-side) do not sound like that. There are better examples in other titles such as the AC-mod version / Pcars2, etc. In any case, they don't annoy me like in rF2. Vacuum cleaner noise would be an improvement, imo. :p

If I were a sound engineer (I sometimes wish), I would definitely find a work-around for that version of engine sound. Some people can't tolerate realistic gearbox sounds in games either, that may be a similar case for me here. But in RaceRoom, I have gearbox sounds set to MAX. :D

davehenrie likes this.
  11. redapg

redapg Registered

Can it be that you use Chrome as Browser?

12. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

Yes and Kaspersky.

13. redapg

redapg Registered

There sometimes have been Problems with the Chrome Browser and my Sites in the Past already.
    One "Problem" was the Fact that i don't use "secure" Sites (https).
    I don't use any Cookies, Malware Links or other dangerous Code on my Sites.
    So you can definitely trust them as long as they don't get hacked!

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Am I missing something? How are you shifting the (original) Caterham and Mini without a clutch?

Anyone else want to chime in here?

All I'm saying, Paul, if S397 had released a patch to just remove the shift protection and make these cars like all the other cars in the game, they would have rightly been heavily criticised for giving up more proper shifting at the first hurdle, instead of fixing it so you can shift between various gears properly. The fact that nothing had changed in 10 years was bad enough.

15. redapg

redapg Registered

@Lazza Maybe i misunderstand something, but you could shift the original Cars with Paddles and auto Clutch enabled, for Example.
    I can not properly test "manual" Shifting, because i have no H-Shifter (my G27 H-Shifter does not work with my g920).

But what is the Problem?
    The cars can be shifted in the, from some Users wanted Way now and who likes it can install it and who doesn't, can ignore it.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm not criticising your patch.

I do have an issue with Paul basically suggesting S397 should have done this, when on their part it would be a step backwards.

And yes, I know it works with Autoclutch, but Paul said it works without Autoclutch too. Hence my question.

17. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Don't matter how I'm do
    Gotta admit I'm a bit confused to?? Every other car in the game have different gearboxes, so don't understand what you mean by every other car in the game. RF2 has never really had well implemented H Pattern gearboxes. AMS2 has done this very well indeed! But at least on some cars it works at least a little bit like a H Pattern clutched Manuel. You can do all the things you can do with a real one but sure not perfect. Like some of the official 1970s F1 cars, they work. What @Redagp has done is at least that! I'm extremely grateful for that! And if you issue that I think S397 should have done it in the first place then why? Should Croft have been released with broken A.i. pit exits, making it totally unfunctional for races against A.I. when including Pitstone? Cause he's fixed that to you know? I love what ISI have done, I love what various different variations of what S397 have done, don't get me wrong. But I don't like getting treated like some sort of bogeyman when I point out there's something blatantly wrong! Remember Circuit D Azur? I wouldn't buy that for years aside from definitely wanting it, because I knew half the A.i. classes could make a single lap without severe damage. I used to speak to a certain member of staff who was on the team for a short while. I think it was mainly down to his great community interaction that finally got updated and fixed, then u bought it in a heartbeat! If you've got an issue with me wanting simple things like this fixed, so when people enter into RF2, or now even LMU, they don't get frustrated and refund cause they by a track that simply doesn't work with A.i. or a car that simply doesn't drive in one of the most fundamental ways it should..... Well then you have an issue with someone who wants this sim to survive, but I don't believe that, you obviously love this sim, thing you seem to have missed is, we all do!

Taranta likes this.
  18. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I think it's hard for some of us to understand how some older content (classic cars) work as expected with H-shifter but the Caterham and Mini don't. If it's due to the shift protection being a recent feature, then that affecting these cars as it does suggests such update did not account for normal H-shifter behavior. Big oops! Surely, shift-protection should not be forced on classic / vintage cars in any case.

19. Lazza

Lazza Registered

So apparently I don't explain things well. I give up.

20. Paul McC

Paul McC Registered

Niether do I. Txt purely as txt is not v expressive and easily discriptive of meaning without sound, inflection, al of that stuff. Thats why i make alot of videos.