Le Mans Ultimate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeV710, Jun 5, 2023.

1. TonyM

TonyM Registered

Yes when we see how much money we spend on hardware for the sim rig, 1k or 2k for a brilliant software that we will use many hundreds or thousand of hours is not that much.

But here we are like for food, people just want to go cheap cheap cheap.
    And guess what, the quality of the products is also suffering from that.

(I do however understand that some people can not spend so much money for a game/ simulation, but my point is here that there is a market for such expensive but qualitative software).

And BTW, how much money does a iRacing user spend in total? certainly also a few hundreds or more…

2. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

yeah I dont spend too much for iRacing, cause I like buying the stuff for ever, with kartsim, I have all the game for ever, in iRacing, you only rent....

3. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

Just block him ? ;)
    It is just as bad listening to replies to his ridiculous posts.
    I lasted about 2 of his posts, I suggest you do the same.
    Don't feed trolls.

Not only that admin should do something, he makes personal attacks even questioning peoples mentality. How long you going to let users put up with it. o_O

Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
    elgagon, Levelup1, nolive721 and 2 others like this.
  4. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

I tend to Ignore but It´s not the first time with this attitude, and I bet It wont be the last. At my age, It´s hard to keep my cool sometimes but even though I´ll give the benefit of at least 2-3 post of headroom, after that I´ll put my Ignore glasses on :D

But back to a positive note, Steam charts are fine, 3000+ players peak today and rising. Review balance has tipped to the positive end, and S397 did post a "what we are aware of, and workarounds" so people can have a guide on were and what Is working or needs fixing. Seen quite a few doing long live streams today which always helps.

I think that If S397 can put out fixes fast, say 2 weeks max, LMU wont lose momentum which Is critical for It´s health right now. It has to get passed the "stage" 3 of rocket launch, and will all be good.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2024
  5. TonyM

TonyM Registered

I also believe that if S397 can release quite fast fixes and post on their Discord etc...the momentum should stay.

From what I see there are many people coming not only from rF2 but from other sims and that shows that there is a true interest in other titles. And this is the chance for LMU/S397.

I suppose it would be very different for LMU/S397 is AC2 would be released now.

6. trichens

trichens Registered

Without double checking all the financial reports fully, I believe a large chunk of the $12million loss was due to a write-off of a substantial amount of goodwill value.

7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I fully believe the very first posts on here regarding LMU financials, therefore they went broke in late 2022 and any apparent activity after that is a figment of our collective imagination. Not worth worrying about anymore.

You're much better off checking on the LMU forum and/or discord.

trichens and SmellySkidmark like this.
  8. Highlandwalker

Highlandwalker Registered

These are my thoughts and opinion about LMU so far.
    I did a 6hr race at Spa but cycled 24hrs against the AI, probably one of my most enjoyable races ever. I had the AI level set a bit low because I won by a whole lap but it was still enjoyable threading past the slower cars for 6hrs. The AI drove my car for about a third of the race and it's laps times were near on par with my times. The AI was pretty good all throughout the race and they pitted at the correct times without any problems. The game looks good cycling through sunset, night, dawn and normal daylight with no significant loss in performance. FFB back is probably best I have felt with any game, I just used my rF2 profile without any changes. I think all the tracks drive better than the rF2 equivalents, there seems to be no unpredictable areas on the tracks, if you go off it's your fault not a small querk in the track that sends you off out of control. I have over 15000hrs in rF2 so I think I have a fair idea how the rF2 tracks drive. The only downside of the game at the moment is the amount VRAM required to run the game and no option in the UI to set the max number of cars on track, the only way to reduce the number of cars is to only run one or two classes. Yes there are still some things that need sorting but you can still have some enjoyable races. Things can only get better. That's my opinion so far, some of you may agree and some may not.

Ozcanuck55, makan, Emery and 6 others like this.
  9. stonec

stonec Registered

It doesn't do that for me. I have 6600 XT and the 6000 series is rather similar to yours. Driver is 23.11.1.

10. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

So far I've managed to get about an hour of tracktime and another 4-5 hours of configuration time. I shouldn't have to map my buttons (CSL) every time although I deleted the json's per the bulletin. It might take less time if there was a contiguous flow on the GUI.
    I'll wait a while until they get it past an alpha stage.

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Were you saving your controller profile under a new name?(assuming that was the configuration part) Or is this the guts like graphics settings and race length etc?

12. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

Just per Hotfix 1 instructions.
    https://lemansultimate.com/hotfix-1-21st-february-2024-public-notes/
    I'll probably wait until its more compatible with my wheel anyway.

13. The_Bad_Fasterd

The_Bad_Fasterd Registered

If its anything like rf2, you can save profiles with different buttonmaps for when you switch steeringwheels.

I do this on a per car basis because i swith between a GT wheel and a D shaped wheel.

Just select the right profile while in the pitmenu and youll never have to remap any buttons again.

Not sure if its the same for lmu cause ive been out of town since release but you could check it out.

14. John R Denman

John R Denman Registered

It finally saved but only after a cold CPU boot.
    I spent several hours just trying to dial in the handling and response which feels on par with rFactor1 or even iRacing, not sure why. Just disconnected somehow. Moreover the responses to tuning didn't feel like they reacted with fidelity. I'll just hold off a while on it.

15. UGM 133A

UGM 133A Registered

There's a lot of things that could be added for realism, stuff that neither of us had ever thought of even. I still would rather have rF2 the way it is now, than to have a simpler tire model or no real road in place of realistic drivetrain simulation. I hope they implement it at some point, but it may honestly never happen with rF2 and even if it did, would they be able to update all the older content with it? Half of the official cars that would take most advantage of it haven't been touched in years and probably will never be updated.

16. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Further Drivetrain development for rF2 - no, I don't believe that will happen. It could for LMU though, but I don't see there being much demand from players so, very unlikely. RaceRoom and iRacing are really the only racing titles that can offer that level of realism in motion effects. I guess I'm at the "It is what it is" stage of acceptance. :)

UGM 133A likes this.
  17. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

For those who do have LMU, and of course rF2, what are you´re thoughts regarding FFB and overall car handling In LMU compared to rF2?
    Please let´s be constructive and civil with reply's, thanks.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
    Paul McC likes this.
  18. Miquel Ramos

Miquel Ramos Registered

It's similar if not the same. FFB has a few other parameters but mainly you get the same in my case with a DD wheel. Handling depends on cars. I would say that there are some little differences with physics but in general you find same handling.

MikeV710 likes this.
  19. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

It doesn't feel like a dumbed down version of rF2 to me. I initially didn't like the FFB because I had adjusted the overall ffb and not the car specific.

I'm happy I purchased it even though I don't usually buy early access games anymore. Offline there isn't much going on. You can do a race weekend and that's it so basically it's just like rF2 in that regard.

MikeV710 and shovas like this.
  20. shovas

shovas Registered

Aside from content and some missing features (VR + TrackIR, but hey it's early access), it feels like a step up from rF2, to me. The visuals are great (just be sure not to use default graphics settings), the ffb is great in all cars whereas it's great only in some rF2 cars, the audio is excellent.

I think that having a focus has really helped them produce something with great potential.

That said, it's seems clear to me if LMU is successful then rF2 is done in terms of official development.

Do with that what you will.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2024
    marmagas and SmellySkidmark like this.