Le Mans Ultimate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeV710, Jun 5, 2023.

1. elgagon

elgagon Registered

Where did you notice such difference in?

2. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Steve's had issues with stuttering

elgagon likes this.
  3. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The sim is pretty good for my taste in terms of physics and the FFB, but that was to be expected. What I don't like so much is the bluish tint in the graphics, rFactor2 looks much more natural. Real life is not the world of a camera with the wrong white balance. And what I can't understand at all is where the high GPU load comes from. In rFactor2, my graphics card gets bored with the same settings with new content like the Cup Porsche 992 on current tracks with physical based rendering, while LMU sometimes doesn't even have 30% headroom in the dry during the day. I don't want to know what that looks like in the rain and at night.

4. Luprosx

Luprosx Registered

Where is the good old replay function?
    I can only watch the replay for 90 seconds...?
    It only works if you finish a race?
    If you cancel a race, you will not be able to watch a replay
    In rF2 you went to Watch and you could watch everything.
    But playback files are saved in LMU folder.

Monza GTE, race, there are only 11 opponents even though 23 Ki were selected??
    Box setup menu:
    Covering the water cooler and oil cooler = letter salad in German!

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Thanks, i will try again but MSAA to 0 must look bad!

6. elgagon

elgagon Registered

Yes.
    I've seen people puting to max the AA in Nvidia control panel to improve the quality.

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  7. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

GrimDad likes this.
  8. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

I think we can all agree it better than that dumpster fire NASCAR 21 ignition..

Emery likes this.
  9. Eletur

Eletur Registered

I must say that I like it, after some initial problems. OK, it is mostly just rFactor 2 with new(er) content and hybrid engine support.

Did some minor adjustments to make it a smooth experience: first, of course, setting MSAA to 4 and using "high" graphics preset (as advised) with only the shadows settings on "fast" instead of "optimal" (I also use this for rFactor 2 but then everything else on Full/Ultra). Post processing on "low". Also changed the "record to memory" settings in the settings.json, and I do not have any stutter anymore at fixed positions on the track. But what is the most important settings for me, is running it borderless (instead of fullscreen what I normally use). That got rid of the slow UI when on track or in the garage.

I also believe that today there was an update for the Ferrari LMh. Yesterday, I had a really annoing "moire" effect (from the windshield I guess) that is now gone.

Not sure why Windows 11 is not properly tested/supported (see slow UI issues), because it is the current version. Windows 10 will be EOL next year.

10. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

games out , so curious to know if there is any different than rf2 in terms of physics , did any dev mention anything extra added on top of core rf2 engine. i know about hybrid support but that is bare minimum.
    also would be interesting to hear if anyone tried if old rf2 setup "tricks" work here too

also how about telemetry , does it create motec redable files ?

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

There is a whole forum and discord dedicated to LMU. Most of the questions above are answered there, or addressed in the lengthy known issues section.

E.g. :
    The tooltip is wrong, you should use 100.

Replays don't work yet.

rF2 plugins work.

*While I'm here:
    I laughed at this. Everyone so serious :p

RaceNut and Levelup1 like this.
  12. Eletur

Eletur Registered

I don't think that it is much different in term of "physics of the engine" (physics are just physics - they don't change mathematically), but I think the cars have been changed/optimized physics-wise (geometries/aero/maybe tyres). But for the price of this EA, I would just encourage to get it. Some new tracks, better cars (just look at the LMP2 Oreca, you cannot compare it - graphically - to rFactor 2, really amazing), HUD improvements, and - last but not least - to support the developer Studio 397.

13. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

As Lazza says 2 posts up, "The tooltip is wrong, you should use 100."

14. vava74

vava74 Registered

I believe that a LARGE percentage of the complaints about the FFB relates to presets all having as assumption that the wheelbase is set to 900º max wheel rotation.
    My Moza R9 felt great, even when I tried like that, but once it was at the standard 1440, it was very much natural.
    There are more settings and I am waiting for an opportunity to confirm with the Devs if there are things we should change to make it "rF2".
    The default may have some settings enabled that are new (and eventually not pure).

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
    8Ball, Emery and nolive721 like this.
  15. trichens

trichens Registered

The Project 1 - AO Porsche ran three liveries in 2023 as far as I can see
    Green at Bahrain, Fuji and Le Mans
    Red at Monza
    White at Sebring, Spa and Portimao

Pick the right livery for your track :)

redapg and 8Ball like this.
  16. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Thanks a lot for your feedback

decided to buy the game last night but struggling with getting the controls to work properly

my Simjack pro pedals in particular as the brake is inverted and I can’t figure out how to fix that

result is my car is stuck until I press the brake pedal so I can go on track but it’s pretty impossible to drive

for the few minutes I did run on track the R9 felt really grainy so not enjoyable at all

I will go on official forum or discord but if you have time any chance to share your pithousewheel preset and in game R9 controller preset you know the json files

thank you very much in advance

17. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

Ironic isn't it others complain about the randomness of 12 GTE at x track when that was reality.

Copy Paste is a bit dud guys ! :)
    I told ISI for years rF2 misses out on the 2013 update that fixes the issues with disappearing
    Visual C++ that is also not delivered through automatic downloads.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-package-18d278e8-1c79-2630-e8ae-e9f4679b2393

Get here always fresh OS do this and DirectX before online and before updates or opening steam/games.
    Visual C++ Redistributable Runtimes All-in-One Feb 2024
    https://www.techpowerup.com/download/visual-c-redistributable-runtime-package-all-in-one/

rF2 \ LMU: 12.0.21005.1
    Latest: 12.0.40664.0

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
    vava74 likes this.
  18. nolive721

nolive721 Registered

Hello R9 owner here

mas you see in my post above I am not having a great experience just now

do you mind sharing your pithouse and in game controller files?

thanks a lot

19. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

It smoothed real good when I did that but it went back to crap again. I changed the memory fix that they had back to true and lowered all my graphics settings and it runs good, so it really came down to lowering all the settings, it is probably a shadow problem, It looks good with the settings low but I am going to raise them a little at a time until I get the shuttering so figure which setting is doing it, most likely is a shadows setting. Doesn't hurt to exclude the lmu folder in windows defender anyway.

elgagon likes this.
  20. 8Ball

8Ball Registered

:p [​IMG]

elgagon and trichens like this.