Le Mans Ultimate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeV710, Jun 5, 2023.

1. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

the shadow that follows the car happens in real life too

2. R.Noctua

R.Noctua Registered

Great interface, nice HUD (not that garbage that we have in RF2), beautiful graphics, as good FFB, WEC license - what I can say is that the simulator turned out to be very worthy.

And the main thing is that everything is intuitive, no crutches, just go in and drive. If this is an early access, I can say that the game has great potential for development. Yes, there are bugs, but I can not say that it is impossible to play, just need to understand that the game is not yet complete.

Thank you, S397, it's a good product. I looked at the list of those who made this simulator, but those found ones I may know from the forum, hmmm.

I wish a lot of good things from LMU were in RF2.

Leonardo1962 and mesfigas like this.
  3. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

All my hardware was detected. I simply clicked steer left, steered left and it picked up the wheel.
    The FFB I had on 100% and it was too strong and probably masking any finer details.
    In pithouse torque & FFB are both 100% and rF2 I turn the FFB gain down to 60% which allows more detail so I guess I need to lower FFB in LMU to achieve more detail. It was at times over powering for an old man like me. ;)

edit: I found configuring the settings very easy.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 21, 2024
  4. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

it loaded up fine. triples and ffb and controls were easy if you are a previous rf2 user , if you werent, too bad soo sad and good luck. so far 6 CTD in 8 launches.. certainly is early access. ill try again in a few months.

5. stonec

stonec Registered

No I'm talking about the fence shadow for example that you can see drawing ahead of you from the cockpit. I'm not enough well versed into game engines to know the technical explanation, but I believe Marcel explained it well a few posts above.

The difference with rF2 and other games is that it is immediately noticeable in rF2 and not so for example in iRacing. It's therefore plain obvious to me LMU uses the same rF2 graphics engine at least for this aspect.

mesfigas likes this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Checking, what do you mean by 'same profile'? Not the same file as in rF2, I hope?

7. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

Very bad, takes too long to load a track.
    If you try to change one of the settings while a race is loaded it is delayed and will actually change a setting next to the one you want to change.
    The graphics are terrible, can't race with the shuttering, even change the boolean value to use memory and it is still terrible, very bad.

8. Michael-James Ball

Michael-James Ball Registered

I hope I'm posting in the right place. Installed game last night. I get as far as pulling out of the pits in RAce Weekend and the game just crashes. Any thought?

9. Bernat

Bernat Registered

If your tyres are screeching you're tearing them down to pieces. That's not what happens when racing in real life.

I wonder why they don't use semi-static shadows. Fences are static, no need to compute shadows every frame. Sun and other light sources change but the sun doesn't change quickly so it doesn't need many shadow updates. Cached shadows could be rendered while progressively updating them. At night, shadows are more local and long distance shadows should be less problematic. Probably caching only shadows cast by (semi-)static light sources could be enough. I'm probably missing details.

10. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

After some more testing the FFB settings I found for direct drive wheels you need to turn off "Steering Torque Sensitivity" (100 clicks)
    This makes the GTE cars feel better.
    The people moaning about bad FFB must be driving the Hypercars they feel terrible and have zero grip. Feels like nothing then goes all wild then nothing again.

Attached Files:

11. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

if i put it to zero me ffb on my moza R5 feels terrible and very weak

12. mjo1704

mjo1704 Registered

in the glickenhaus car, the headlights are black even though they are visible on the road surface, is there going to be trac ir compatibility, can you count the number of cars
    choose other than graphics from the settings where you can choose the number of visible cars

13. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

Yeah, this setting really could use some clarification. The way it's worded in the tool-tip description is confusing.
    I'm guessing you are saying that it should be set to zero for DD-wheels?

The "Constant Force" setting(?)
    Update: LMU Controller setup guide says it's for some older wheels.

I like that they added access to some of these FFB parameters in the UI but, they need more info within the UI.

14. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

It will be fixed in a hotfix today.

15. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Ya, there are a couple of cars with issues, not really sure why, we're looking into it right now.

The_Bad_Fasterd and pkelly like this.
  16. elgagon

elgagon Registered

In the LMU discord - general chat
    I tested that yesterday and works
    It's necessary to put the game launch parameter +VR and set the MSAA parameter to 0 in the config_DX11_VR.ini
    If you want to use OpenXR, just copy its dll to the LMU folder

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  17. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

The Porshe GTE has no dash display (only rear-view cam), no rev lights, etc.
    Other cars I've tried have them.

18. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I agree with Stonec default graphic settings give a poor idea of the game. Other than the known issues, I think it is very promising (sound, graphics, car feeling)! After changing in Settings.json "Record To Memory":true, as advised in the faq, I was able to complete 10 laps of SPA.

I only tried the F488 and the P991, they drive well, but the brake balance seems to be fixed at 57-43 whatever is in the setup or what you try to change while running.

If the funding is sufficient to solve the remaining issues it can become a great sim.

Cheers and congrats to the developers.

19. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Have you set "Steering Torque Capability" to 5? In the FFB settings.

Tooltip says not to use with DD wheels I guess 0% = off. I don't fully understand what this is actually doing but I liked the effect it has in my FFB.
    I also agree the tooltips should have more info.

20. SteveMack

SteveMack Registered

Exclude LMU folder in windows defender, exclude the folder Le Mans Ultimate in your steamapps/common folder.
    This made a 100 percent difference from yesterday.

Coutie likes this.