Le Mans Ultimate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeV710, Jun 5, 2023.

1. sg333

sg333 Registered

no Nintendo Power Glove support, no buy.

pkelly, Ho3n3r, Lazza and 1 other person like this.
  2. elgagon

elgagon Registered

I understand that people who is going to use it, pay for it.
    But why should someona pay for something that is not going to use?
    I would pay more than 60€ if i where going to use it, but i don't play any sim without VR

tiffarno and Pollinflas like this.
  3. Nicolas Cortes

Nicolas Cortes Registered

For me No VR = No play.

Maybe I'll buy the game only to support S397 and have a half hour looking at the UI, hopping this allow RF2 to survive a bit more time.

30$ is no money. RF2 is the best sim, but is not the best bussines. I should be happy if s397 or RaceControl starts a paid service system as iRacing does. I'm not in iRacing because it sucks, not because you need to pay to use it.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
    Pollinflas and Lazza like this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I understand, and I experienced the same when rF2 came out - it was such a step up we had to switch to it as a league, and some people who couldn't keep up with the hardware requirements were left behind.

The notion I was commenting on, was that VR-only users choosing to buy the game or not, could determine its feasibility. I think they are such a small portion of the potential LMU userbase that they can't make such a drastic difference.

I'm sure the devs would include VR support if they could get it to an acceptable level (performance and/or ease of use) while still hitting their other release targets, but it would seem they can't. So as a group with a significant number of VR users you're probably not going to switch, at least for all races. My view is, that's no reason for those VR users to buy it anyway.

Hopefully the rest of the game works largely as intended, and they can add proper VR support so you can all play it.

5. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I will buy but will refund if it's inferior to rF2 ffb/physics, features....

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Just to solidify this, here's Dan:

View attachment upload_2024-2-3_14-5-32.png

elgagon likes this.
  7. Fingers

Fingers Registered

Oh dear, I can't, I won't go back to flat screen. Is this an indicator that they are aiming more for consoles?

8. sg333

sg333 Registered

It's an indicator that its a lot of work and not prioritised for less than 5% of the userbase.

Ho3n3r likes this.
  9. trichens

trichens Registered

As the PC userbase is always going to be quite small, I think getting it onto consoles will have to be a priority for MSG.
    They'll need lots of sales to get MSG back on track and they'll really need to target the huge console market for that.
    People have suggested that LMU is just reskined rF2, but it's going to be a complete rework of the underlying rF2 game to get it to a stage when it can also appear on console.

I'd like to see a method that allows PC users and console users to connect to and compete on the same online system. I have ACC on PC and my son has ACC on his console but we can't race each other.

10. Havner

Havner Registered

It's not even about game developer. It's often about console manufacturers (Sony in particular) that forbid cross play. There has been a strong move from MS and Nintendo some time ago where they allowed cross play, but I don't know how it end up and if that even included PC (I'm not a console user).

Basically what I'm trying to say is that even if the game developer wants full cross play they still might have their hands tied up by something they have no control over.

11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I thought that was possible now. Cross platforming is the term?
    https://www.overtake.gg/news/crossp...es-for-assetto-corsa-competizione-on-console/

12. Emery

Emery Registered

I think there still are limitations, like the number of players? So while we might have, say 55 players on a PC, the consoles might be capped at 32.

[Reading the ACC announcement, yes, that's one of the limitations.]

13. trichens

trichens Registered

From that announcement about ACC and cross-platforming
    "Ever since the release, and subsequent patching, of the PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S versions, drivers have been requesting crossplay. It’s now here at last, although it excludes PC."
    Which is disappointing as I haven't been able to get my son to buy a PC yet!

(Edited to make clearer)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2024
  14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'm guessing it means VR is a bit of a messy situation at the moment and they want to work out, and on, the best implementation. VR support is coming.

15. 006

006 Registered

From discord for anyone who might want to run it in whatever broken state its in:

1. It is important, no one from 397/studio is trying to undermine your feelings that VR is important for this game
    2. It just won't be day one as it's not ready *whisper* there's probably a workaround for clever people that really want to work it out

16. Oldgamergazza

Oldgamergazza Registered

I play COD on my pc against Xbox and PlayStation owners.

17. Fingers

Fingers Registered

Could that be simply implementing the openxr_loader.dll !?

18. 006

006 Registered

Im afraid im neither a 'clever people' nor do i have VR, so i have no idea :p

19. TonyM

TonyM Registered

He has used LMU for more than 50 hours actually.

20. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

That looked like the IMSA Sebring pit out...will we get the WEC pits?