Track AIWs

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by t0p5ecret, Sep 17, 2019.

1. delphinho

delphinho Registered

Textures on the other one are much better.

2. SecondSplit

SecondSplit Registered

Well dang, I was just thinking about touching up Montreal and doing some more AIWs now that the AI is back but Andrea released a new Sandown so no need for that and now a new Montreal as well!?

lol not mad at all, awesome that were getting some new tracks for rF2 but I can't keep up XD

3. delphinho

delphinho Registered

Is there any tutorial where I can learn how to define the cut track areas? I found a lot of videos for fastest path, blocking path and garages but nothing regarding cut tracks. Would really like to improve the SRSU Montreal for our next league race.

4. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Thats not to complicated. Open AIW editor and show cut corridors. Mark the waypoints you want to edit and change the blue corridors with left/right/Up/down keys. Save waypoints and you are done.

philrob, delphinho and atomed like this.
  5. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Patch for SM Jerez available at our download folder. Patch fixes wrong fuel calculation and also wrong or missing cut corridors in pitlane

Corti, Radkappe and atomed like this.
  6. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Patch for Fuji Speedway Katsuo available at our download folder. Patch includes redone left and right path, cut corridors for pit exit and adds also a block line

philrob, Corti, atomed and 1 other person like this.
  7. delphinho

delphinho Registered

Hi,
    I've tried to make the cut corridors wider for Andea's Misano 2022. Do I need to do more than changing values in the gdb file?

8. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Quick questions for those working with Blender to create tracks and would like to create the AIW directly from within Blender too: How would you like to create grid positions, pit locations, paths for AI (fastpath, left, right, pit, etc)? What type of objects and scene setup would you have?

9. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

Cut corridors are made with AIW editor. Not sure if the values in the gdb still work. Maybe ask the devs

delphinho likes this.
  10. 3377

3377 Registered

Well doing the aiw file with blender data is not really the way to go. You better use developer mode. When you save data like pit positions and grid positions everything is directly saved into your aiw file

Everything you need is here :
    https://docs.studio-397.com/developers-guide/track-development/general-tracks/track-ai-tutorial

11. FuNK!

FuNK! Registered

Thank you for the response but that's not actually the answer on my question. Maybe I should have added something like "if you could do the AIW directly in your Blender project without mod dev" ;) The thing is that I'm actually writting an addon for Blender to export (first functio) and import (second to be added) the AIW. So I want to know how anyone else would approach that task. I know how to do it and have my personal workflow but doesn't mean it's how everyone else would do it. Hope that makes sense and my question more clear.

12. 3377

3377 Registered

My fault, a simple misunderstanding :)

Good luck with the add-on. I tried to look at the waypoints part of the AIW, but I did not understand how it worked.

But I think to create the pit positions and garages and grid I would use simple cubes.
    For the waypoints I would use a curve (bezier would be good for that, maybe add a function to automatically put the curve point on the track surface when you place it)
    For the fastpath/block parth I don't really know if you can do it in blender. I think rfactor2 saves the car speed when doing the fastpath in devmode (in the waypoints data) as the time of the fastpath is saved in the beginning of the aiw file. But I am unsure about it.
    It's a good idea to try to do the aiw fastpath in blender to see the results in game
    For the waypoint branches (pit/main waypoint) I think you can put a cylindrical representation

FuNK! likes this.
  13. Roninho

Roninho Registered

Greatwork on all the aiw files @t0p5ecret, but a question about Laguna Seca (also for @Andrea1968 ):
    The AI cannot lap slow cars at all. I did a 90 minutes race with the champcar05 mod and the leader spend over 10 laps following a backmarker and he could not pass. Also for me as a player i see the blue lights being shown to the AI but they defend their position (block the inside at the final corner before the s/f straight for example) and even attack me after i lap them.

Any suggestions what to change in the player or other files to make this a bit better?

14. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

i tried it with the S397 Laguna Seca. Same behavior. The AI seems not to see or respect the blue flag. It keeps driving, blocking and fighting as usual. I see overtaking the lapped car only when it makes a fault by going wide etc.

15. Roninho

Roninho Registered

Hi @Manfredk2 , thank you for the reply. Was that always the case on this track or did it used to be better at this track (so is it possibly a result of changes to the AI by rf2)?

16. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

tbh i dont know. I am always running only short races about 20 minutes and there is ususally no overlapping.

Have you tried other tracks? I would suppose the same behavior on every track.

17. Roninho

Roninho Registered

I havent tried yet at other tracks. I will do that tonight.

What i did try was change the aidraftstickiness to 3 (was 4) at Laguna, and that improved the overtaking of the lapped car a bit. The leader used to be stuck for 10 laps unless the lapped car made a mistake, but now he passes within a lap or 2.

The weird thing is that this was almost every time at the outside (?!) of corner 5. But at least they actually lap the cars within a lap or 2 (and to be honest, i have a hard time to pass the AI as well, so it actually helps me because i need a lap or 2 to setup a clean pass as well with how the ai is driving/defending/not giving up on the lead lap).

But i will test at other tracks as well. And if anyone has info on if the AI used to be like this with blue flags would be interesting as well. I read in another topic that rf2 changed the ai blue flag behaviour in the hotfix, so curious to know how that might have impacted it.

18. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest

I just tried Nürburgring GP. Same behavior. Blue flag has no impact to the AI.

AIdraftstickiness value is the same at both Laguna tracks. Difference is the slowwhenpushed value. Andreas version has a value of 0.0 although the possible range for this setting is afaik 0.1 - 1.0

19. Roninho

Roninho Registered

Ok thank you. What is the AIdraftstickiness at nurnburngring?

And what does slowwhenpushed do?

In the short races do you notice any issues with general overtaking?
    So not lapping, but overtaking for position? Because i imagine if the ai leader takes 10+ laps to overtake a lapped car that is 1,5-2 secs a lap slower that overtaking by cars which are closely matched in speed will hardly happen.

20. Manfredk2

Manfredk2 Guest