[REL] rFactor2 Log Analyzer ver. 2. With offline and league Championship Manager

Discussion in 'Other' started by Nibo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Jesus Piña Garcia

Jesus Piña Garcia Registered

2. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Agahnim, in you case, editing xml directly is the only option. In-built r2la editor does not offer editing of all needed fields.

jonno, Try selecting "Public 0.0.0.0." option on web2y server start. Google "my ip" on machine that runs r2la and see if IP that Google shows is the same as r2la proposes on start.

Jesus Piña Garcia, zip your rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.058.45\web2py\applications\r2la\errors folder and sent that zip to me.

3. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

I’m not sure if I did something wrong…

I assigned race results for our second league race in a defined championship on Sunday night - and all looked well.

We then noticed that live timing had been down (because I’d not launched the dedi using the live timing.bat after the last upgrade I guess) - so I stopped the R2la server cleanly and restarted using the correct .bat

Live timing instantly started working again (go figure!) but the race results from the Sunday race had been lost (not the actual log files - just the association with the second event defined in championship mgr) - so I had to reassign/re-associate them.

Did I do something procedurally incorrect when shutting down the server that broke the last results assignment?

4. Nibo

Nibo Registered

MileSeven, no you should not have done anything differently. When you assigned new race results to championship, r2la should automatically save state to database. I don't know why it got lost...

MileSeven likes this.
  5. MileSeven

MileSeven Registered

No problem - will keep an eye on it after this weeks round and maybe follow exactly the same process as a test (even though I wouldn’t normally restart the r2la).

6. Jesus Piña Garcia

7. Woodee

Woodee Registered

thanks

8. Nibo

Nibo Registered

Jesus Piña Garcia, error shows that you have mixed files from r2la versions (old Python 2 and new Python 3 versions). Looks like you starting v.2.058.45, but error is from v.2.1.x. You probably overwritten old files with new ones, which you should not do when upgrading r2la. You have to select one version of r2la and unzip it in new folder and start from scratch.

How to update r2la correctly is described in r2la steam guide.

9. B. Gant

B. Gant Registered

Hey guys, i had nothing showing up on client side when i tried links as well. I had to contact my server provider and ask them to open port 8000 within their security. Now can access the link on computer outside of server.

The "Live" tab still isnt working for me. Ive been sitting on server in game and restarting web2y. all it says is "no live sessions found" "polling....."

but yea, for those who cant get link to work outside of dedicated server, ask your server host to open up 8000 port in their security.

10. Nibo

Nibo Registered

B. Gant, for live timing, try steps from "Live Timing troubleshooting" on r2la built-in Help page.

11. jonno

jonno Registered

HEY BUD i tried the public 0.0.0.0 that didnt work but the ip r2la shows is the pc's ip and the one in google shows something diffrent

12. Nibo

Nibo Registered

You can start r2la with command-line arguments and set IP explicitly. Open r2la_live_timing.bat with some text editor and add this parameters to 3rd line like this:
    Code:
    cd web2py
    start web2py.exe -S r2la -M -R applications/r2la/private/live_timing.py
    start web2py.exe -p 8000 -i 127.0.0.1 -a your_password --nogui

Maybe try IP that Google is showing you.

13. jonno

jonno Registered

right i have no idea why it cant be accessed from another persons pc on local network everything runs fine i can see it collecting data i can see live timing works it all works i just cant get it to allow others to see it..i have 0 error logs so either something is missing or something is working

am i missing any plugins at all i have the rFactor2SharedMemoryMapPlugin64.dll installed is there supposed to be anymore i really have no clue it works fine on local some times then just dont want to o anything after. iv removed everything and going to try again tomorrow

Last edited: Aug 29, 2023
  14. B. Gant

B. Gant Registered

@Nibo Got it working. checked off each tab on live timing troubleshoot help page, Had to go all do DedicatedServerMapGlobally and read global settings to 1...

My server didnt have rf2sharedmemmap plugin installed at all. Did that. then had to copy settings in json from gaming pc to the server. As these lines werent showing up in json file under memoryMap plugin on its own in server.
    "DebugISIInternals":0,
    "DebugOutputLevel":0,
    "DebugOutputSource":2,
    "DedicatedServerMapGlobally":0,
    "EnableDirectMemoryAccess":0,
    "EnableHWControlInput":1,
    "EnableRulesControlInput":0,
    "EnableWeatherControlInput":0,
    "UnsubscribedBuffersMask":32

Nibo likes this.
  15. Nibo

Nibo Registered

jonno, if it works for you and others can not access it on your network or internet, and you tried to host on public IP in various ways, then looks like the problem is with the network. Maybe firewall is blocking connection or something like that.

16. Jesus Piña Garcia

17. Nibo

Nibo Registered

0.0.0.0. option should still work (host on public ip). You can find you public IP by googling "my IP".

18. Jesus Piña Garcia

19. Nibo

Nibo Registered

I don't know. r2la receives data stream, because track and session info is visible. Don't know why it is not showing or not receiving other info. Are there any errors in live timing cmd window or in rF2 Log Analyzer ver. 2.1.019\web2py\r2la_live_timing.log file?

20. JuanP006

JuanP006 Registered

Do not forget to open the right ports (they can not be the same ones you opened for rF2) and to install the sharedmemory plugin in the server.