Released Reiza Pack Out Now!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Mar 28, 2019.

1. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Registered

Then read it again, 2nd sentence in 1st paragraph.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You purchased the Reiza track pak when it was released and must have deemed it a good value or you would not have paid for it. Nothing has changed, the tracks are just as they were. Reiza owes you nothing beyond providing the tracks in good working order when they were released. They did offer a small patch or two to clean up some issues, as would be expected, but then, solely because S397 changed their product, everyone demands Reiza follow suit? Should Ford provide me with a new Mustang if Pirelli comes up with a different tire compound? Should KISS provide me with a free CD-rom, a Free DVD, a Freed Streaming feed of Kiss Comes Alive just because I purchased the original vinyl LP?(a DOUBLE LP mind you)
    My point is, Reiza is under no obligation to update anything. (at least by USA standards) The tracks work the same now as they did when pruchased. It is not Reiza's fault that the graphics and or technical items like AIW files have been updated
    As far as the cars....when S397 finishes updating all their cars for their own product, then you can carp about 3rd party vendors upgrading their cars to match whatever the current level of development rF2 is at that point in time. S397 has not even updated a large part of their own cars to the new sound engine, so how can anyone expect, or demand, Reiza go beyond what S397 is willing or able to achieve?

3. Johnny Speed

Johnny Speed Registered

No matter what forum you are on. Reiza sparks controversy. I wonder why.
    KISS ALIVE II is the superior recording. I say that because my Dad bought me that double album when I was 9.

Frederick Alonso and davehenrie like this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

The content is still for sale. I think that changes the picture somewhat.

Manfredk2 likes this.
  5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

It makes me laugh when I see the same names trolling the same things year on year, fact is AMS2 is a very very good Sim and <shock horror> does a lot of things better than RF2.

As for the Reiza Pack it is what it is, as said above people bought it on the day as it was then but now they're demanding more, if Reiza don't upgrade the content so bloody what? It's a free upgrade, they don't have to do it at all so be thankful that they still might update it. In the meantime the tracks are still fun as are the cars, if people don't like them then don't use them :rolleyes:

6. Uff

Uff Registered

Lazza likes this.
  7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

That's true, but the other option (removing them from new purchases, either by actually making them unavailable for new users or by making them free and committing to no longer spending any resources on them) is a fairly major decision. Until that happens, I don't think some expectation is unwarranted - as Renato has suggested himself there.

As usual the most vocal people on an issue have taken extreme sides and want to argue it - either the content should have been updated as soon as it stopped working properly (or was outdated by game developments), or you got what you paid for and shouldn't expect anything. Surprise surprise, the reality is somewhere in the middle: the devs haven't forgotten, but things take time, because reasons.

PS Your line regarding tracks and cars - see above that gets criticised too. If the tracks are done why not released? Oh, because of this reason I thought of. Can't possibly be anything else, because I'm a game development expert and am fully across their thinking.

Can't make everyone happy :D

Xzanman and Uff like this.
  8. bobbie424242

bobbie424242 Registered

rF2 recent tracks are well done but so do AMS2 tracks. AMS2 I usually find tracks more immersive due to the more convincing lighting that looks great in a wider range of time than rF2 (for people that always drive at 2pm in sunny weather in summer, that probably does not matter). I prefer AMS2's Nords for that reason, even if rF2's is maybe more accurate. Sebring is not in AMS2 so I get back to rF2 from time to time to drive on it and looks particularly awesome. It was stunning when it was released (5 years ago ?) and still is.

9. Caio Fonseca

Caio Fonseca Registered

I did an update within my means from the 1991 Silverstone track to the RF2 and people were charging me because I still didn't have the new shaders on it, as if I had an obligation or conditions to do so. Since then, I've been updating tracks for personal use.

10. Bernat

Bernat Registered

That's a pity. Entitled users are like that. I'd hope everyone would ignore them.

Xzanman likes this.
  11. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I think people are approaching this issue from the wrong perspective. You are right in saying that people buy content as is. The big problem in this case is that Reiza sells these tracks still full price with zero warning about their state wich is bad for new users. At the end I have no word in this, just an opinion. And I allready explained why I have higher expectations towards Reiza. As for S397 not updating their content - afaik all content that is sold uses the latest shaders on the trackside, on the cars and all purchasable cars work with the new sound engine or are updated for it. I still think that they should do the same for the free content, what they only do to some extend. I allready explained hundred times why a game with such a varying quality standard is a bad idea and it doesn't make it any better if Reiza follows the same route.

vava74 likes this.
  12. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

That's a completely different issue though. You aren't selling your track updates. ;)

13. RNelson

RNelson Registered

Such is the controversy on a product that is going thru continual development. If rF2 had made a distinction (rF3, now buy this game and start over with base and all new content that isn't backwards compatible) all of this would be moot. In a sense, by trying to perpetuate there model it introduces this problem. And the responses from users varies across the board. It does make for a lively forum if you like reading the endless, non winnable arguments, tho.

14. Delzimar

Delzimar Registered

it's amazing how there are people who play against the community. Thinking that either S397 or Reiza shouldn't update the available content is not reasonably smart.

15. jim123

jim123 Registered

i wish they would release some of there other tracks for rfactor like Nürburgring Historic 1971 featuring Nordschleife, Südschleife & Gesamtstrecke layouts

Xzanman, pascom, Mauro and 1 other person like this.
  16. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I honestly don't think they will do another pack for rF2. At the time they started to make the pack for rF2 they didn't even know what engine AMS2 would be using, and were probably planning to continue on isiMotor.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

The only fail is your persistent need to bad mouth a Sim you clearly don't use, but that's what trolls do right? Lack informative opinions so just throw meaningless words around because they're angry at things they have no control over, we get it, you don't like AMS2, good for you.

Uff and Corgan like this.
  18. Corgan

Corgan Registered

JSTFU.

Uff, Dady Cairo and Flaux like this.
  19. CeeBee

CeeBee Registered

Do yourself a favour, click his name to go to his profile and click ignore, the whole forum is more pleasant instantly.
    he just makes noise for the sake of making noise.
    [​IMG]

Emery, Uff, Manfredk2 and 2 others like this.
  20. elgagon

elgagon Registered

It's worst.
    You can find a lot of messages from him telling the same things about rF2.
    I think that two trolls are using the same account, a fanboy and a hater

Uff likes this.