Le Mans Ultimate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeV710, Jun 5, 2023.

1. xeroborn

xeroborn Registered

I don’t really get it either. S397 has imo done about the best that can be reasonably expected with the rf2 dlc. The content they’ve made isn’t perfect but it’s a hell of a lot of fun.

I’ll be there for the wec game assuming it mostly functions as expected upon release.

2. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

So the BTCC content for RFactor2 is excellent, I think almost everyone agrees. It looks great and works great. I don't understand why S397 cannot follow that same model and release new WEC content into RFactor2 just like they did with the BTCC content. As long as it is done to the same standard as the BTCC content has been done, it will be a success. This is why I don't understand the need for a whole new title.

3. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The BTCC content in rF2 won't reach the audience a release with BTCC in the title would (even if just on PC). It just won't...

Binny likes this.
  4. Binny

Binny Guest

Been thinking the LMU will be so much easier to build, just remove everything not needed for rf2, mods codes legacy ect...
    If it works i expect to see more sims/games produced, on a regular basis, what affect this will have on RF2 only time will tell or an announcement from S397/MSG.
    Will now wait for a word from S397/MSG.

trichens likes this.
  5. Binny

Binny Guest

I agree, so the future of the rf2 engine by MSG would be to release titled sims using it ?

trichens likes this.
  6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It would make the most sense for expensive licenses, because a focused game will work better than a jack of all trades like rF2 trying to handle all situations. Plus there's probably more money in it that way.

trichens and Binny like this.
  7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

As I've probably said before, I would have always used the rF2 engine for PC sims and the NH engine for console sims. But how MSG plan to use it, no idea.

Binny likes this.
  8. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

cause the rF2 core is full of bugs, with servers not stable, you can't add basic features, like moving HUD in game, AI selector, it's a outdated core.....
    if I was the boss, I would make rF3, with a new game, without the old ISI bugs, for the AI, Raceroom and Reiza are the best.
    rF2 physics and FFB are good, but all the rest, the core, is outdated.

9. Binny

Binny Guest

i dont think outdated. i believe it you stop all updates for a good period of time you could come back bigger and better, most things would take 6 months to a yr to fix. Why keep releasing stuff if the core needs work like you say just to raise cash, looks like these other titles could cover that.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Thinking starting from scratch with "rF3" will do anything but create a new set of bugs, is living in a fantasy world.

Releasing DLC and making some money is a good thing, and has nothing to do with development or bug fixing (except where new features are needed for that DLC - a good thing, too).

We only own the right to play the game. Sometimes I think being able to communicate to some extent with devs and staff makes us think we're somehow involved.

trichens, MarcG and pkelly like this.
  11. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Many companies have disappeared after imagining that fantasy. We start from scratch leaving all bugs behind and keeping only the best features. As if that were so easy... Changing the name or starting from scratch doesn't magically puts you in a better position in a short time. Normally it takes a very long time and brings in a different set of problems.

MikeV710 and memoNo1 like this.
  12. Anthony Lineberry

Anthony Lineberry Registered

My guess is WEC wants their own standalone game. Personally I think this could be a really awesome way to finally modernize many aspects of rF2. I suspect there is a lot of legacy code and parts of rF2 that are difficult to work with without breaking mods, etc. This is an opportunity for studio-397 to utilize the rF2 physics engine while creating a new offering with better graphics, new 3d models for GT3/GTE/Prototypes, and a completely new UI/UX from scratch.

trichens, The_Bad_Fasterd and Coutie like this.
  13. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

All ok so far, but no one can dance at 2 weddings at the same time.
    I know as much as anyone, but I really hope this won't be the end of rF2.
    No Lazza, I know that it will continue to exist, but would not be developed further.
    That would be a shame.
    I hope I'm wrong.
    And it would be nice if those responsible would give us loyal fans some insight into the future.
    What's next for rF2?
    Is LMU now the new primary target of S397?
    There won't be much time for rF2.
    Guys, you have to give us something....

14. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

One way to get a slight sense as to what´s going on will be In the next content drop...

trichens likes this.
  15. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I don't think so. I would understand that they were unable to put as much effort on both games just months before the launch of LMU. It would be unfair to judge them by that short shot.

16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

"I know nothing like the rest of you, but this could be the end. I hope I'm wrong."

Not just aimed at you mate, but is anyone actually offering anything useful here? Nothing but blind speculation and only the foolish are doing it with conviction, and it has zero impact on what will happen or what we do when we wake up tomorrow.

17. memoNo1

memoNo1 Registered

No one can come up with anything useful as long as those in charge remain silent.
    What is this?
    Does the long-standing community deserve this?

Binny likes this.
  18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

lol, what do game owners deserve?

19. RNelson

RNelson Registered

I think some have confused right to use a software title with ownership interest in the developer......

20. TonyM

TonyM Registered

I have just started to use rF2 (steam sale) and I quite like it because of the FFB for example.

Now I am thinking of buying some DLC but I do sincerely hope that they will continue to develop rF2 and not switch to Le Mans Ultimate indeed…