Le Mans Ultimate

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MikeV710, Jun 5, 2023.

1. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Well, that's the crux of it all. When ISI announced a new UI, for example, they intended to do it. No lie? They didn't do it, S397 did. ISI lied?

Meanwhile if nobody said anything until S397 were ready with a new UI, nobody looks bad at all, but you got "poor communication".

jayarrbee36 and elgagon like this.
  2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

;) Always around.

elgagon, TJones, jayarrbee36 and 2 others like this.
  3. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I don't think that will happen. IDK, but probably nobody till now knows how to extract last type of mas files. Anyway it is a bit low to rip stuff.

4. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

oh yeah, sad, I hope rF2 will have Fuji and Portimao DLCs.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2023
  5. mister dog

mister dog Registered

Great idea to be honest, actively use the WEC license and make a whole standalone game around it. I too paid for Le Mans in Rf2 like most people here but can't blame the devs if they grab this opportunity and re-release it that way. Would be cool if Rf2 users get like a 10% discount though hint hint :D

Anyhow I see WEC booming with the new manufacturers coming in all the time, and the game will feature some interesting new tracks like Fuji too. The tracks are kinda limited just sticking to WEC so I hope future deals are possible to include other tracks, that was IMO the main issue with ACC. The lack of tracks to race on. Now it's better than it was before but the selection is still kinda limited.

Also in an early preview I saw a Youtuber mention the physics felt a bit twitchy and unconnected (forget who it was), so I hope we can reach Rf2 standards by the time the game releases.

traind likes this.
  6. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I also think that the tracks could be kind of a limiting factor. This is a bit of a problem in ACC so they need to plan carefully how to extend the platform. In that regard an ALMS expansion might be more intersting, especialy next year when Sepang joins the calendar. ELMS has a very similar schedule compared to WEC and Barcelona and Le Castellet aren't tracks to write home about. But Dubai and Sepang? - count me in, especialy with the recent quality of S397 tracks. But I suspect that Katar and the '24 WEC grid might be first anyway.

mister dog likes this.
  7. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

I just really, really, really hope they get this right! So much potential here. Please get it right.

8. graphicaluserinterface

graphicaluserinterface Registered

There's nothing wrong with making a Le Mans/WEC game. The game can be crafted to provide a proper single series package with fine-tuned AI, a proper single-player experience with game modes, etc. The make or break will be down to price and game quality.

Hopefully improvements done by the studio to the core get brought back to rF2 but if not, at least the active community will know that support is winding down/ending. If the latter were to happen, hopefully LMU wouldn't be designed to actively hamper modding because it could simply become the new platform for us.

ApexModding likes this.
  9. Binny

Binny Guest

Been thinking RF2 at worst it ends up like RF1 no updates, that's not a loss as RF1 is still doing ok.
    The only way i see any of us getting any concrete communication is directly hearing from MSG not S397 they are just a pyramid company they have to answer to MSG.
    About time MSG came to the party with a statement, but guess what they dont have to explain to the user just the shareholders.:p

10. boxer

boxer Registered

I just an can't see how S397 will manage to support 2 games at the same time... once ULM gets release that may be their only priority.
    That's one thing that both MSG and S397 should speak to. How and in what capacity will S397 will keep supporting rF2... What is the intent for his platform going forward?

sg333 likes this.
  11. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

From a logical standpoint, rF2 has reached a pretty good state of maturity so it'll demand less attention than the other product obviously. But from a marketing standpoint it atleast needs to be kept as their platform of choice for everything that isn't ACO related. Similar to how Kunos still use AC and not ACC to run certain competitions. So if they desire to run events with the new CS for Formula E, BTCC or Indycar for example they can't use LMU, atleast until the Indycar and the BTCC games arrive. This is also propably the reason, why they are developing the CS for both platforms. For one thing they can gather more data but on the other hand it makes it also more flexible on how you can utilize it.

MikeV710 likes this.
  12. Nicolas Cortes

Nicolas Cortes Registered

Looking at the new HUD in LMU, not implemented in RF2, seems like RF2 development is already closed

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

What? You want features in a WIP game to immediately appear in rF2? How does that even make sense?

trichens and nonamenow like this.
  14. CB Racing

CB Racing Registered

What I don't get it this was always on the horizon. I've expected a WEC game as all of the licences (BTCC, Indycar etc) have all been getting there own game and I don't see why some people won't buy it because they have the content in RF2.
    Yes I can see that argument for that on one side but having the opportunity to build a new sim from the ground up gives S397 the opportunity to have a WEC experience that can carry across some things that people love about RF2 and also have the opportunities to solve issues that people complain about RF2 (UI, Online etc) as well as having the opportunity to build a platform that is designed for e-sports competition.
    I personally can't see anything but positives from this.

15. Bernat

Bernat Registered

If it's made to appeal the most common racing gamers then it's probably not for me. We'll see.

It's also very limited compared to what rF2 offers, and we like variety.

Building something from the ground is a good opportunity to fix things but it's also a lot of work. If it was something with only net positives it could have been done with rF2 already.

16. Richard Busch

Richard Busch Member

If the game comes out and works well, fixing the flaws that rF2 has. It might trigger a rebuild of rF2, or even a new sim, rF3 perhaps?

17. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

It´s not like their building It from the ground up, It´s on the same game engine. Not only that, they already have most of the ground work already laid out for them In what they already have/learned from rF2. It´s just that as some have already stated, It will be a lot easier to Implement/add new features or what have you In a newer more polished version without the nuances of the old content and mods present In rF2 to date. So In that sense, It is "kind" of starting from scratch.

Imagen that they took everything out of rF2 besides the newer cars, tracks, physics and started to build from that. Would It not be easier for the team at S397? Obviously they would need to clean up a lot of things but It makes sense that It would be easier. Building a new engine Is not, and from what I know, the game engine was built by ISI so would S397 even know how to build such a engine?

18. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

with your logic, rF2 is dead and buggy, it's time to give up with this fail, rFactor 3 standalone maybe ?

19. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

I think you got my "logic" wrong. We all know that rF2 Is not perfect and needs some care, nobody Is saying It´s dead or failed beside you.

I am saying that the LMU project could be easier for the team then what some might think due to what I have mentioned (groundwork). That could benefit the health of rF2 because In turn LMU could be a test bead In a GOOD way.

20. Love Guitars n Cars

Love Guitars n Cars Registered

Reading comments on Youtube and iRacing forum most are saying LMU wont' get released or if it does it will suck because of MSG. Most in this thread are saying LMU will suck for a few but different reasons.

It's been an interesting response so far.