2023 Q2 Build Update and Hot-Fix

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by John Ratcliff, May 17, 2023.

1. John Ratcliff

John Ratcliff Registered

rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2023.04.06 - 16.25.34.09 (2).png
    Hello Sim Racers!

We have an exciting 2023 Q2 build update which has just been released for you to dive head first into!

Our updated electric motors will certainly make a splash as we continue to move forward with our goals to perfect electric-driven and hybrid motor-driven sim racing as we believe this is vital to our long-term project plans here at Studio 397. The Formula E Gen3 car, which was recently introduced to the rFactor 2 platform, has benefitted massively from these updates, with the model given further improvements to its energy deployment and motor systems as we continue to better the only official premier electric formula sim racing experience!

Alongside these changes, a large number of improvements have also been made to our AI as we continue to revamp the offline experience on our platform. Thanks to these changes and further bug fixes, our new AI model will now allow the unmanned cars to follow their lines and drive more consistently under all track conditions including full-course yellows, to rejoin races after incidents with more care and consideration, and to no longer mispredict the movements of other cars allowing for you to race them more closely and with the same level of trust as you would have for a real racing driver.

Game crashes and screen freezes due to specific parameters have now been fixed, which we hope will improve the volatility of the platform which some users may face that can then cause issues. These more general updates have also been made in this hot-fix to assist in smoothing out some of the minor difficulties in our user experience.

The full changelog of our newest update to rFactor 2 is here: bit.ly/3MbuDj9
    Happy Racing!

Last edited: May 18, 2023
    Lars, Hendrick, Alnorate and 20 others like this.
  2. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

a lot good fixes

3. burgesjl

burgesjl Registered

You might want to check what is happening with pit entry on this build. I just ran the Ligier LMP2 on Laguna, every car that comes into pit lane speeds up and crashes at full speed on the sharp left turn. Not sure if this was a known issue with the track before, but its catastrophic now. I am also seeing much higher CPU utilization overall, when watching replay. Is this down to the AI?

4. elgagon

elgagon Registered

5. oddtimer

oddtimer Registered

Is the update out yet?

6. 120hazz

120hazz Registered

Nighttime will no longer cause AI to drive very slow
    Added optional HDV defines to prevent AI from flipping over:
    • AIAntiRollActivationDistance=0.0
    • AIAntiRollDeactivationDistance=0.20
    :):):)

7. Jan Cato Larsen

Jan Cato Larsen Registered

Experiencing random server crashes after update.
    Had 2 of our servers crash.
    1 on going from warmup to race.
    1 upon last person leaving the server.

Also rF2 will not shut down in Steam. After game close it still say "running" and trying to click stop leaves infinite "stopping". So yeah, thats back.

8. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

Please share rfmini.dmp from any crashes

9. Jan Cato Larsen

Will do

10. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Yes, I had to click the update button in Steam, but it was qued and waiting.

oddtimer likes this.
  11. Jan Cato Larsen

Here it is.

Attached Files:

12. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

13. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@John Ratcliff feedback: can you please give the full link to the site post, or put it behind a 'HERE' text (or similar)? Bit.ly links, especially when they aren't an actual link, aren't very user-friendly.

Thanks!

redapg likes this.
  14. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

I have not received the update. I this an update for a release candidate? Do I have to opt-in somewhere for the update? Normally updates are automatic for me. Any help is much appreciated.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No, there's no RC, it's the normal build. It may take some time to roll out to everyone, you could also try restarting steam or maybe verifying rF2 files.

Lars and davehenrie like this.
  16. Jan Cato Larsen

Constant crashing the servers. With or without AI in.
    Modded server and dlc content servers alike
    Client crash to. And I have never had that before.
    Hopefully you guys spot it and hotfix it

Deleted member 58016 likes this.
  17. wrff.tiger@gmail

wrff.tiger@gmail Registered

It looks like I have received the update now. Thanks.

oddtimer and davehenrie like this.
  18. Ludo21

Ludo21 Registered

Hello, Since the last update, the AI are doing anything on the Laguna Seca circuit. While they worked well before...It's a shame.

oddtimer likes this.
  19. People having problems to join server with Spa Franchorchamps 2020 running; Fidgrove also shows version 1.42p1_2 for Spa and not 1.43 (as I expected and I think it has been before).

Track loads on some clients up to 100% and then they have a CTD. Some clients cannot join at all with no specific error message (damaged mod or unable to install mod).

Re-building server mod with Spa 2020 (1.43) and the newest executables leads to a "error computing mod sig" and pkginfo.dat does not contain vehicle lines.

Other tracks (mod and dlc) are working as expected.

All dedicated servers are running on the same physical one and had no problems accepting client connections before the update / hotfix.

20. oddtimer

oddtimer Registered

Gt3 ai at Monza still won't take the player's slipstream, on the contrary they will drop back and keep their distance on the main straight even if I lift and cost from Parabolica to T1. They will also slow down when close to curbs out of both Lesmos. A shame.