[REL] Nurburgring 1967

Discussion in 'Locations' started by Mauro, Jan 4, 2023.

1. redapg

redapg Registered

Does he maybe, besides of this one, have other Versions of that Track installed?
    That sometimes, when they use same File Names for Example, can lead to such Problems.

2. Dae Bennett

Dae Bennett Registered

Thanks, I'll have him check

3. redapg

redapg Registered

What also can be, is, when he still uses Windows 7, where some similar Problems did appear with other Tracks too.

4. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

Yes REDAPG that is the problem subjacent to several tracks. In my opinion the new nvidia photoshop converters are not read in older systems (windows 7 was replaced 10 years ago and had no updates for recent changes).

5. Dae Bennett

Dae Bennett Registered

Ahh, yes, he's on windows 7. that must be the issue. Thanks!

6. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Hi Luis,
    Loving all your tracks. I have no idea how you make them so quick.

Something that I notice with a lot of your tracks is I get a lot of shimming on the textures. It's very noticeable on the advertisement textures when they are far from your car.
    Here is a video what I mean...

I'm using full graphics setting 8xAA and 16xAF so I should not be getting this. I don't know if this looks like this on everyone's PC's or just mine?
    I had a look at your .dds files and found the problem. For the textures that flicker you have saved the textures with only 4 Mipmaps instead of ALL.

I did a test, by re-saving one of the textures with ALL mipmaps with the NVidia plugin and that fixed the flicker on that texture in game.

This seems to happen with all your tracks, not just Nords67. I just thought I would let you know the fix.

Would it be possible to fence or block this off in Race mode? If someone uses it in race mode they gain a lap on everyone, which is bad. You could block this with a tow truck or put a fence around it or something in race mode to stop drivers using it. VisGroups=(224).
    Also putting a 2nd set of xpitin and xpitout timing gates 1 metre apart from each other in front of the shortcut should stop drivers getting 10 seconds lap time if they use it on their 2nd lap by mistake in practice or qualify.
    I have this on my Nords track already.

Thanks for the tracks.

atomed, pkelly, Luis Barata and 2 others like this.
  7. Art_Pereira

Art_Pereira Registered

Wait a couple of weeks till the next version of the GPL track is released. It´s worth the wait.

jimagn and vava74 like this.
  8. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

You have a good point and you give me a good hint about the mipmaps. I really thought the mipmaps were used only as a way to show lower resolutions textures when you are moving away. The flickering I thought it was a z-buffer thing I probably was wrong.
    About the block to prevent someone in qualifying or race use the extra timing files I think it's a question of credibility for him/herself, I can't believe that someone that is racing uses that trick to win a race if someone does it why is racing at all, but I'll take a look and will come with a fix.
    Thanks.

Legend, Mauro, Corti and 6 others like this.
  9. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

The update is uploaded in the workshop v2.1. Have fun.

Legend, GPNeville, Mauro and 3 others like this.
  10. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Last edited: Aug 30, 2023
    vava74 likes this.
  11. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

indeed don't know what happened I've uploaded it yesterday. Let me check what can be wrong.
    I'm having a problem on the upload saying steamcmd is not recognized .... failing to upload. Hope it's a temporary problem I'll try later.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2023
  12. Luis Barata

Luis Barata Registered

Track is uploaded v2.1.

Legend, jimagn, tjc and 7 others like this.
  13. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

Thank you Luis

14. DJCruicky

DJCruicky Registered

atomed likes this.
  15. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Finally someone did this. This is IMO huge for historic Nordschleife basis, having modern Nords scan merged in with historic layout features, specifications, looks and aesthetics is fantastic to have. Bug big thanks to you @Luis Barata. I am also currently working on 1967 endruance cars pack physics update, and testing in this track is such a joy. Especially I love Porsches physics there.

It is also way more beautiful than I expected it to be. Having such a great rock solid physical base it would make sense to keep some more visual updating. Perhaps using existing hedges to generate splines and replacing current hedges with something more advanced. Improving shaders, "3D" grass is too light or shading doesn't match terrain, terrain texture map could be significantly improved. These few things would be what I'd aim for, as these would probably have great result/effort+time ratio. Thats all for criticism, otherwise I think this is so amazing, definitely going to do lots of driving there. I'll also have lots of 50s racecars to test in there, lots of exciting driving.

Bostrom, Art_Pereira, Emery and 4 others like this.
  16. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Thanks again. This track is gold to me for testing 1967 cars, and it will be too for many others that I work on too. It is so amzing with all the jumps very good test for suspension and aerodynamics, it is such a shame that all that stuff is not acceptable for modern race "cars". Racecars back then were really a better formula, much closer to real car.

I hope it will be continued on development, perhaps a community effort of some sort ? Already an absolute gold, and for track this size I have noticed so few things yet that I'd like to leave some feedback about.

1. Brünnchen jump seems to appear about 30-40meters too early. I have no screenshot of game, but you enter it before you even exit the turn. And real one was like this:
    [​IMG]

2. The "bump" as seen here at 3:06 . It feels like driving over some wood stick, it doesn't have that natural curvature like seen in video, that bump really is just another slight undulation that should make car jump. I've hand modeled such things in my project "Nemuno Ziedas". I know it is difficult to get right, it could really be 5-10meter of tarmac piece that needs to be edited to achieve similar result.

3. Well possibly a bit much of a task (maybe if we had a track cams wizzard around here to do this). Just like in official S397 Nords, the track cams are really soulless, they are good to spot cars overtaking eachother, but you can't have a good time observing cars individually during replays. The cams are too far too high, placed away from interesting spots....

Please don't read this as being needy. I'll enjoy this track at its current form anyway, it is more than simply satisfying.

Corti, jimagn, vava74 and 3 others like this.
  17. Nicolas Hillebrand

Nicolas Hillebrand Member

Very nice to have the historic Nordschleife in the sim at last! Would it perhaps be possible to make a version where we use the old paddock and remove the "pitwall"?