Released GT3 Update and (v1) BOP

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 7, 2023.

1. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I typed a reply but my previous post already outlined it. Just my opinion.

2. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

Considering that depending on the user environment, it is impossible to completely set it to 0%, I think the decision that the DSP does not operate when the throttle opening is 5% or less is correct. If the DSP still works, there is no choice but to modify the way it runs, saying "I can't do what I have been able to do with GT3 Mod so far".

3. jamesleegte

jamesleegte Registered

Bentley 2020 is my absolute favourite of all the GT3 cars now and it’s lovely to be able to drive on the right hand side of the car.
    Thank you for fixing the Merc too, that car is a pleasure to drive now, here comes the but. With the Merc, no matter what set up I throw at it, I can’t ever get within one second of my Bentleys lap times around Silverstone or Sebring. It even feels slower when I’m driving on any of the long straights at the two above tracks.
    I’ve seen a lot of people comment about default set ups and I must agree that they are pretty terrible on most of the cars and that default set up update will be a welcome one for them and show all the cars in a better light too.
    Thanks for this update, I’ve really enjoyed the majority of the cars and the new interiors and sounds too.

4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

I have been critical of the developers of rfactor, but from how we started, until today, it has achieved an impressive improvement and with that I remain, despite all the flaws that it has unresolved, despite this in my opinion not there is nothing better to have fun, we will continue criticizing the failures and congratulating the successes, for this reason we will continue competing, and enjoying ourselves, we will continue having fun...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2023
    pkelly, Lazza and Rui Santos like this.
  5. caterkiller

caterkiller Registered

Hi, I found a bug on the Callaway on the dampers settings.
    When you clic on the slow bumps/rebound, it moves the fast settings the same way. Too, when you clic on the fast settings, nothing happens.

I've taken a short video to show :

6. DiggerHawk

DiggerHawk Registered

Its the same on the Audi 2019, maybe the real cars don't have separate slow and fast adjustments?

Lazza likes this.
  7. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Which cars have OHLIN Shocks/Dampers?(Audi & Mclaren?) Those were mounted upside down and the number values operated in reverse. So a super stiff setting of 10 for the normal shocks would be a 1 in the Ohlin category, thus the softest setting would be 10 for the Ohlins.(numbers are just examples.).

8. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

When the GTE received an update, it was changed so that different tire compounds could not be selected for the front and rear. I think GT3 should get a similar change so hopefully it will be fixed in the final version.

The actual Bentley GT3 2020 is unknown, but the rear brake tends to generate less heat than the front brake. I hope it can be improved by reviewing the base set or rear brake heating settings.

Jan Titz likes this.
  9. caterkiller

caterkiller Registered

That doesn't make sense, slow and fast are not the same and these 2 are the only with this behaviour. Never saw this on any other car.

The most strange is that if you click on the fast settings nothing happens.

10. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's not uncommon, there's an option in the physics files specifically for it:

ApplySlowToFastDampers=1 // whether to apply slow damper settings to fast damper settings

I remember it more from rF1, but it looks like at least some DLC cars are set that way. The UI just needs to handle it better so it's obvious what's going on. (or, it's some other bug - but the above is feasible)

11. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

@caterkiller I remember , kunos physics dev (Aris) saying about audi that it only had 2 way damper adjustment IRL but they still decided to add 4 way damper settings because real teams could just open up dampers and tune it to their liking....so essentially they could adjust fast damping too.
    So it wouldn't be too unrealistic if you can't adjust fast damping on some cars , it is probably the case IRL too.
    but on other hand some cars don't have diff preload settings which IRL they do have (as stated in official manual / specs).
    it is not that hard to setup diff preload, so don't know why rf2 devs didn't add it.

caterkiller likes this.
  12. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Do you mean this guy, staying on throttle for 10-20 percent while downshifting?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2023
    azaris, JanTer68 and GrimDad like this.
  13. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

that is configuration of the vmod or the server in fact in LFM with the GTE you can put medium in front and soft behind

14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep, in the 992. It allows that.

15. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Not in rfactor2. Also in the 992 thread, one promptly claimed that it would be implemented as in reality, because you supposedly can't use throttle when downshifting there either.

azaris likes this.
  16. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I only did one quick test, and downshifted with 16% throttle. I can't vouch for what anyone else has said.

17. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Ok 16 percent actually work at the Cup. But do you honestly believe that in real racing, when it comes to avoiding the weight transfer when lifting the throttle so that the rear end doesn't slip away, the driver is actually able to operate the throttle so precisely that it doesn't become 17 18 or 19 percent, so that he then turns away.

I_Bellett likes this.
  18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Why does this always turn into "explain to me why it should be like this?"

What do I know about it? What do you know about it? Rudy drives the damn things in real life. Go ask him.

19. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I did not ask for an explanation, but questioned the logic of the implementation. If it had technical reasons, one would probably rather limit the input with only 1 percent exceeding of the low control threshold, speak no matter whether 15, 16 or 50 percent, Throttle input, the electronically regulated throttle acceptance would permit then only the maximally deposited input and ignore the value over it, anstand the driver unnecessarily to stress, just not to stand one percent too much on the throttle or not to let it shift, which is unsafe and slow. But apparently motorsport engineers today no longer have the goal of making it easier for the driver to be fast and safe, instead they think up a few chicanes and laugh up their sleeves.

20. I_Bellett

I_Bellett Registered

According to the 991.2 Cup Car manual, the throttle is at least 17% open even when the accelerator pedal is not pressed. What the logger is getting is most likely "throttle", so it's not strange to have 17% left even when you're not pressing the accelerator.
    9112gear.jpg