Released GT3 Update and (v1) BOP

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Feb 7, 2023.

1. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

It's just that it's wrong, not that it's not there, that they don't do it, but that it's so exaggerated that it's wrong,In the video it is clearly seen that it downloads much faster than the simulator does

2. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

you downshift much faster and in less time than you can with the simulator

3. Andregee

Andregee Registered

From the GT 3 anouncement thread

"We'll release a patch today to allow more throttle while downshifting"

Rui Santos likes this.
  4. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

that in the comparison of the video you do not see how fast the gears go, because you do not see or rather do not hear the sound of when he downshifts, that lap is the record for the lap in Record-breaking Bathurst 12Hour lap shootout | LIQUI MOLY Bathurst 12 Hour 2023, of course the comparison is not worth it, you are wrong, it sounds perfectly

5. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

there are times that you do not lower the gears even when you are braking

6. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Useful and interesting information that will get buried in posts saying "I don't like it, change it now!" by a handful of users.

It seems this update it's uncovering issues some have with their hardware or their driving they didn't knew they had. Instead of seeing an opportunity for improvement they see a bug. Simracing for the masses.

Andrea Frollo likes this.
  7. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I don't think it's so negative. Probably many people won't know how to properly setup their hardware and this change can help in such cases without removing the feature. I prefer 100% realism too, but we, the purists, are really the minority.

BedlamSquare likes this.
  8. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the gear protection change should be there, but it is too exaggerated at the moment, watch the video again, it seems that you have not seen it
    the Pro formula, the GTEs already have gear protection and you can't downshift so easily, the GT3's have to be corrected because it's not correct, too much retention sometimes even when braking it doesn't downshift,In my opinion, obviously everyone can have their opinion

Highlandwalker likes this.
  9. Andregee

Andregee Registered

You say this because you are convinced that the current implementation is realistic, but often enough mistakes were made, e.g. the Btcc were released with Dsp although they don't have Dsp at all, the BMW M2 and the Callaway came with broken suspension, the M6 Gt3 with a wrong positioned rear axle what has long been denied. This is for me typical fanboy behavior where criticism of the favorite is always denied and always the critic is too stupid to use his equipment correctly. Just funny that the patch is already in the works

Havner likes this.
  10. Bernat

Bernat Registered

In the videos it can be clearly seen that the driver completely releases the throttle to downshift. You can have your own opinion too, but don't try to change the facts we're seeing. There's no need to post videos that don't prove anything.

11. Andregee

Andregee Registered

The Dsp was introduced to prevent the engine from over-revving when downshifting like the Gt's and not to prevent shifting while using some throttle input , because the latter interferes with racing without there being a reason for it.

. No one is asking for a deactivation of the Dsp but an implementation as it is used in reality. And if the Gte they simulate the Dsp like all other sims and as you know it from Onbord videos also from Gt3, then that must be questioned.

chops likes this.
  12. Bernat

Bernat Registered

No, wrong. I'm saying this because no one has been able to post evidence. In fact, they've tried and instead posted videos that showed the opposite. I'm not to say if it's realistic or not, but I know when arguments are poor and emotional. If they change it because it's a bug, I'm OK, if they have to change it because of the outcry, I'm not fine with it. Some users say they can't drive them, some are driving them like they did before without issues. I showed a video of a hotlap in Monza with the Ferrari that can be compared to the real onboard. When your poor arguments are confronted you can't do anything but call us fanboys. Is this the way to discuss something we aren't experts at?

BedlamSquare likes this.
  13. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

I have to agree with the point about the dashes and the huge variation in quality. During last week, when I tested the LMP2 cars, I was pretty shocked about how much worse the cockpit of the Oreca looks in comparison to the Ligier. I mean, I don't expect the studio to remodel all the cars, but please for the sake of a decent QA, please atleast conmsider to add proper PBR shaders to all the dashes and replace some of the worst offending textures. The steering wheel of the Oreca is simply unexcusable. And looking at the newest cars, there is no reason why the motec displays of the older DLC cars can't be optimized to look less stretched. In some cases it's all over the place.

During the last two years there was a nice push to bring all the tracks to a decents standard level across the board. But I have the feeling for the cars this has kind of slowed down too much to a complete halt pretty much. And the track roaster update is still pretty much WIP. There are some very nice tracks like AMP, NOLA and a few others, that would simply make rF2 a more polished experience if treated the right way. There are modders who updated complete track packs to the new material system in the meantime, please don't stop half way through. People still complain about this quite often and it's a justified point and just adds that little sour vibe to the smooth experience. I mean, in one race you fire up the fantastic looking 488 GTE and the next session you are confronteted with the RSR and it's a quality shift of ten years.

Havner likes this.
  14. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Old sequential transmissions needed manual clutching on downshifts and engine cut of or autolift on upshifts. The ignition was briefly interrupted when the sequential shifter was actuated. Current electronically controlled sequential transmissions have autolift so that the engine reduces the power autimatically while upshifting,

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    chops likes this.
  15. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I don't think the change will be very noticeable. probably a tiny percentage point to allow for hardware limitations. I don't think we'll see a return to the previous behavior, just a slight massage of what is the new method. Probably won't satisfy all the folks, but those with a slight throttle input at 0% will benefit.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
    RaceNut and BedlamSquare like this.
  16. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

I think you crossed the shifts. Zero throttle for downshifts(soon to be modified slightly) and throttle required for upshifts.

BedlamSquare likes this.
  17. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Registered

This is not correct. The clip shared by @Leynad shows this.
    Look at the first downshift at Tosa. There is almost full throttle applied in the 488. And got to 1:34 at Rivazza.

Jan Titz and juanchioooo like this.
  18. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

Damn, what a lap :) crazy AMG dude

juanchioooo likes this.
  19. Bernat

Bernat Registered

Anyone can see how the throttle is at 0% when he downshifts, not only at those points but the whole lap. Anyone can see it, no need to argue.

atomed likes this.
  20. juanchioooo

juanchioooo Registered

the video clearly shows that it downshifts much faster than the gt3, it doesn't matter how you use the accelerator, it doesn't matter if it downshifts faster than the simulator

Pawel44 likes this.