Released Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992)

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Paul Jeffrey, Dec 17, 2022.

1. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered

in general, I think that the rf2 has too expressive tire wear.
    not related to 992, but related to GTE cars. all but one have a problem with the front tires. for example, it is driven on soft tires and the front wears much more than the rear. that's pretty unrealistic.
    here is an example from the picture of the rsr gte where in 25 minutes the front tire used over 15-20% more than rear. rear wing 1.
    the temperature was not more than 25C on track.
    I did various test setups on cars, up to one from the GTE class, and they all have the same problem, regardless of the track. on monza it is the least expressive.
    I pay attention to braking and I have no problem with flatspot.

what is this about with those tires in rf2?

Attached Files:

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's probably best to check with a number of other drivers, to confirm it's not the way you're driving it. Especially front tyre wear, where turning the wheel just a bit too much during cornering will really wear them a lot (nothing to do with braking, unless you're doing it very badly).

The only GTE car I've driven for any length of time is the Ferrari, and by race end I had - remaining - 78-60 on the fronts, and 75-60 on the rears. On a different track I had more wear on the rear tyres. (F 64-78, R 53-68) Both of those were 30 minute races.

(note: I'm not a very fast driver, nor a very slow driver)

3. Andregee

Andregee Registered

I can´t confirm that the GTE have problems with front tyre degradation. Driving too fast into a corner and then over-steering so that you don't stray from the ideal line is unfortunately something that should be avoided at all costs. When i drive these cars, i have an neutral tyre degradation with small shifts depending of the track .

4. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered

I noticed that and felt that the problem was in the corner of the steering wheel. because not only rf2 but also other new generations of sim racing games are mostly made for high-end steering wheels, which have large angle options. I use g29 and there is a 900 angle.
    and now. rf2 has the problem that in every GTE car setup you have a maximum possibility of some 524 degrees to adjust the turn of the steering wheel, etc., and that is too little for those of us who use steering wheels with a max of 900. and yes, it is felt when driving that it is a problem.

and as an example, let's say here with 992 I don't have such a problem. with the 992, I have to pay more attention to the rear tires. as much as the tire consumption of the 992 is too expressive for me, I see that the 992 is much more realistic in terms of tire consumption in front-rear balance.

so the S397 could introduce a greater variety of angles than those 524 degrees, which is the maximum in the car setup, no matter how unrealistic it would be then, but it would make it easier for those of us who have weaker steering wheels.

5. Bernat

Bernat Registered

I have a G29 and I don't understand your problem with the steering range. Could you please expand?

6. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered

Porsche 911 GT3 Cup (992)

7. Bernat

Bernat Registered

What has this to do with the wheel range? I'm now more puzzled than before.

8. Simulation_Player

Simulation_Player Registered

This is a false statement to make, i managed to get both i.e either rear end wear more OR front end wear more, on same car-track combo just by tweaking setup.
    tested this on ferrari 488 and porsche rsr GTE cars, at spa.
    make sure u are not using too much front packer , lower front ride height to lowest as it is still pretty high.

Sanio Alfa likes this.
  9. Comante

Comante Registered

Why nobody take in consideration the option that they are simply overdriving the car?

Full_Ninja, Rui Santos, Emery and 3 others like this.
  10. Foxtrot

Foxtrot Registered

Hi.
    It sounds like your not set up right.
    Under calibrate controls/steering settings you need to have 'default wheel angle' set to 900 degrees and 'range set by vehicle' on.
    Then your wheel will will have 524 degree lock to lock.

Regards.

Full_Ninja likes this.
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

Even though your wheel is capable of rotating 900°, very few racing cars use that much steering lock. In fact, if you are using 900° of steering lock, you are possibly turning the wheel too often, too much to achieve the same range of motion a car with 524° of steering lock uses. When you click on the Vehicle Set option, rF2 analyzes the math of the suspension/chassis and computes the correct lock to lock range. In this case 524°

12. Sanio Alfa

Sanio Alfa Registered

@Simulation_Player
    thanks for the right direction in which I started with putting together the setup. now tire wear is less pronounced in the front.
    before, I always arranged the setup according to feeling, and I didn't expect that this modern rf2 has such advanced physics.
    and its great how the cars respond to every small change in the setup. 0.1mm shift and change is felt immediately. fantastically!

is it known what is the satisfactory value of the rake angle for each car when it is on a flat surface?
    I use TinyPedal so see it measures that value.

13. AlexHeuskat

AlexHeuskat Registered

I have always found that the rFactor 2 steering rotation and steering ratio are really bad.
    With ACC, this game has all the real datas, the porsche has a steering rotation at 800° but we dont need to turn more than 180° in most of the situation, the steering ratio is perfectly adjusted, the steering realism is the highest level in the simracing market in ACC.
    I guess it's hard to implement a such high level of realism in rFactor2, it has generic 540° rotation and generic steering ratio for most of the cars.

here the ACC real datas from the Brands
    2300705186_preview_Screenshot_12 (1).png

I know a guy who will come to say it's not the real datas, it's L****a, but ACC has all the SRO datas.

But the worst is for AMS2, they have made for the all cars a low steering angle, like 450°, like they have wanted that all the cars could be playable with a F1 rim, what a shame.

Raceroom has the best settings in the market, you can adjust steering rotation and steering ratio with a real high range and with precision, so all is possible.

ACC has the ral datas, so they have restricted the sterring ratio range setting.

The rF2 steering ratio setting is pretty awfull I guess, it's only slow/med/fast setting, a shame.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2023
    Iketani likes this.
  14. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yep, that's me. Go ahead and say again that rF2 has all 540, when they don't. *shrug*

PS don't misquote me, please.

PPS @AlexHeuskat you're in the 992 thread. Does ACC have 800° or 540° for this car?

15. Simulation_Player

I don't know what TinyPedal is tbh. If u want to find rake of a car at any given moment of lap , you can use motec. Get DAMP plugin for rf2 to use motec.
    BUT if u are only doing this for finding rake then it is not worth it, becuase the lower the front and higher the rear the more downforce u generate. I haven't tested it for maximum rear ride height becuase that is too extreme but if you remained within rake 10-20 mm i bet you get more downforce all cars BUT it shift AERO BIAS towards front , so you will need more rear wing.
    Now personally i keep both front and rear at lowest ride height , because GTE cars are inherently lacking grip at rear IMO. so i would not like to increase rear ride height, instead I use less packer at front as i can before i even think about increasing rear ride height.

16. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Cool vid, and a little word on ABS. I rather not...

Do we actually have a wider front tire In this rF2 version?

17. Simulation_Player

I think you mean wide front track , which is different than wider tyre.
    Rear tyres still are wider than front IRL, should be the same in RF2.

It looks like wider front track than rear somehow works on these GT.
    I think wider front track works because these cars are heavy , too much momentum to get it rotated in slow corners , also from what i heard GT cars suffer from front aero.
    Wider front track solves both.
    I would like to hear more about it from real professionals though

MikeV710 likes this.
  18. MikeV710

MikeV710 Registered

Thanks @Simulation_Player , me and my noob questions!
    But we do have wider tires compared to the earlier versions of cup cars from what I have seen.

19. Simulation_Player

no no it was NOT a bad/noob question at all, infact it was very fascinating question. I remember having exact same question on how wider front track work on car with rwd, 60% rear weight bias etc, when i discovered this info.

yes the 992 cup has wider tyres (both front and rear) than 991 cup version, this also should be in rf2.

MikeV710 likes this.
  20. DJChrizz

DJChrizz Registered

When your front tire uses more than the rear ... what is your brake balance setting ? Your Brakeforce ? You block the tires while hard braking ? You have to brake but NOT block your tires, it's important. Same on the 992 CUP Porsche.
    I love the GTE cars and the new tire model, you can psh hard the car and use more tires or drive a little carefully and loose not to much tires. the most braking power is on the front wheels, go a little to the back with the brake-balance and test

On the 992 cup my back tires go down quicker :-( I have to look too ... not to much slide and my brake balance is too much on the rear here.