The REIZA DLC.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dady Cairo, Oct 11, 2018.

1. mr.Sw1tchblade

mr.Sw1tchblade Registered

@mantasisg do you like math? :)
    I found article about wheel moving on the railroad. And i can give you link to this pdf file.It is not in english but i think google translate can help.
    . IMG_20190412_115023.jpg

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    Juergen-BY likes this.
  2. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I am ok with mathematics. Haven't done any of it seriously for quite some time since my graduation, but wasn't terrible at it. Also I had a little bit of clue with mechanics.

Why would you like to show me an article about railroad ?

3. mr.Sw1tchblade

You interested in physics of the wheel moving on the grass and tyre and grass temperatures. Principles are the same, so i thought you can find this article interesting.

mantasisg likes this.
  4. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

Well you never know where you can find connections.

I actually doubt there would be some. I don't know what could be the connections with our current topic (or rather off-topic, but it became usual in Reiza pack thread). I don't know what could be the important connections between "Heat Generated in Rubber Surface Due to Sliding on Grass" and the "Wheel on Railroad" (sliding or rolling what it does there ?) ?

5. mr.Sw1tchblade

Rolling with constant speed. And talking about connections: you will have different friction, but math will be the same. And you will be able to calculate grass temperature under the wheel moving at 100 km per hour speed :)

Nvm then :)

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
  6. DustySticks

DustySticks Registered

7. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Maybe we should have some grass only circuits , we could drive on grass all day

8. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

How many of you drove the cars reasonably a lot before and after they got updated ? What do you think ?

I fail to tell for sure if due to long pause I lost perception, or if the cars changed for the worse. I did not drive a lot after updates, so my judgement is unreliable for current cars. But as much as I drove, I had an idea that I liked steering more previously, I know they tweaked steering. I drove VEE and Puma GTE. I wish to drive more soon.

9. Filip

Filip Registered

Steering is the same, min steering lock was changed

10. Patrick Schumacher

Patrick Schumacher Registered

We should normally get the next 2 layouts of Imola within the next days, 88 and 2001.

davehenrie likes this.
  11. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

lol, one might read that as you are expecting the two new layouts sometime within the next 88 to 2001 days...... :)

Patrick Schumacher likes this.
  12. Stevy

Stevy Registered

that's for the new UI :D

Atsuki, Emery, Alex72 and 1 other person like this.
  13. Legend

Legend Registered

no news about imola update and 1988, 2001 layouts?

14. AlenC

AlenC Registered

Alex72, Mauro and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  15. mantasisg

mantasisg Registered

I'm just dicovering Puma P052, awesome fun car, and very immersive for a mod track that I am working on. I also noticed that it has front end lift, which is interesting.

Also when new Imola layouts were introduced I have also rediscovered two historic mclarens from S397. They are good there.

Levelup1 and mr.Sw1tchblade like this.
  16. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Registered

I already asked on the Reiza forum, but I am also curious on what people will say here. I do not have AMS, waiting on AMS2, because I only drive in VR, but I have RF2.
    I bought the Reiza bundle, mostly to get an idea of what the buzz about AMS is.
    I would like to know: does the Puma 052 in RF2 drives and feel like in the AMS version?

17. mesfigas

mesfigas Registered

@Cote Dazur everything feels different in AMS
    sense os speed is one of them
    FFB is another

Cote Dazur likes this.
  18. RaceNut

RaceNut Registered

I find the Puma cars to handle pretty similarly but, the details (ffb) are a bit different. Also, the Formula-Vee is more challenging to drive in rF2 than in AMS but, I enjoy them in both titles.

It's too bad Reiza couldn't bring VR-support to AMS1 because the content and execution is so great imo. I look forward to seeing what they can manage in the Madness engine as well; then we'll have a 3-way comparison. :D

Cote Dazur likes this.
  19. avenger82

avenger82 Registered

You put it lightly. I find F-Vee frustratingly difficult in rF2:)

mesfigas likes this.
  20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think this is where personal preference, or simply which one you try first, can have a big bearing on how things seem. Not that you've actually said one is better or more realistic than the other, so I'm not suggesting that.

Renato said this: For the most part the difference between the Vee in AMS and in rF2 is down to the tire model and that includes thermodynamics, it´s quite different and actually more accurate in rF2 where temperatures build up very quickly when the tire is sliding which is a significant problem for drivers in the real series.

source: https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/the-reiza-rfactor-2-bundle-is-here.5791/page-2#post-39733

To me it seems people are quite eager to find differences between games, and then having found some difference (which may just be perceived, rather than actual) will find some reason that one or the other is better. But trying different games, even with very similar content, the overall feel is often just a bit different. Something about the game design and the way the environment is presented can make drawing direct comparisons very difficult. People still like to do it though, and it's great to see the rF2 / AMS collaboration because it allows a truer comparison, and it's also great that Renato honestly describes how they are different (or perhaps more importantly, how similar they are).

I got the Reiza DLC, albeit on sale as I never bought AMS and wasn't sure I'd enjoy the content (for AMS backers I'm sure it's a comfortable experience, driving the same cars in rF2), but from the small amount I've played so far I'm glad I got it.