Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. gigignecco

gigignecco Registered

My feedback is the same as many people, I have a hard sensation of strange UNDERSTEER. Not so fun to drive like this, I have no control of the front of the car, especially with Oreca07, but also Porsche and Corvette. A bit better the Bmw, but not enough in my opinion. I'm sorry. It's a pity, the mod has a lot of potential. I will not get involved in a champ so far, too frustrating to drive with poor control in an endurance race.
    Thank you anyway

2. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

I have no problem with understeer in the gte’s,they drive like I’d expect,a gt3 with mwoar downforce.

Haven’t driven the lmp series cars enough,they are t my cup o tea,even though I bought the pack.

bwana and AMillward like this.
  3. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Thats the reason why there is a setup adjustment possibility;)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Emery, bwana, Shawn and 6 others like this.
  4. oppolo

oppolo Registered

I drove only the porsche for now, medium slick and track rubbered by many hours, no understeer at all, it has a better feeling as racing gt car, stability and handling, than gt3 pack...imo

David O'Reilly likes this.
  5. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

I'm happy to report that I seem to have made a breakthrough with the Oreca.
    Having checked the range of adjustments and where the default settings are I found that the front ride height seems to be very high - much too high IMO! Lowering that to minimum and balancing that with rear ride height adjustments has transformed the car for me. It finally follows its nose!
    I'm certain there's more that can be done to get it properly dialled in. But if you've had the same trouble with the Oreca on its default setup that I did do give that change a try :)

marmagas and David O'Reilly like this.
  6. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I see from above you had some progress. Indeed I found rear ride height increase had a big impact, didnt even try front yet.
    So I had a bit of a quick go today.
    Set a reference lap at Spa on defaults of 2:12.5.
    Made some changes including dialing out the understeer.and got 2:09.89, so 2.7 sec improvement.
    I made a little video of the process too. Once it's finished rendering my PC will let me upload the set here and I'll link the video too. Not saying it's perfect but some good changes.
    Setup is in drop box , link here below.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nmwf46pruddp3b9/ISI LMP2 Spa Testc.svm?dl=0

Link to the video here (in video section of these forums)
    https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/community-videos-thread.40611/page-188#post-949350

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
    Jon Uyan, SPASKIS, bwana and 2 others like this.
  7. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I didn't need to quote the rest of your post because it's based on what I consider the same invalid argument.

If you develop amazing drifting skills which help you drive faster and recover tricky situations, and then complain that you can't use those skills in a Clio race because the car is FWD, you need to change cars. If a CAR has downshift protection in real life, there's no reason it shouldn't have it in the sim.

I'm not talking about game-wide DP, and as far as I can see no one else is either. So please don't make this a general argument, and don't make it about you're more hardcore than everyone else. If excessive engine braking isn't allowed by the real car, and the same car in-game also doesn't allow excessive engine braking, there's nothing to complain about.

And guess what - I don't use any driver aids either. That's not THE point.

2ndLastJedi, Emery, lagg and 5 others like this.
  8. jayarrbee36

jayarrbee36 Registered

It appears we've reached similar conclusions :D
    As I said, the fact the front splitter is so high in the default setup is what really struck me. But I can see how raising the rear instead would produce similar improvements.
    I'm just happy the car is good to drive now! I've just finished a nice longish session at Silverstone with a compressed 24-hour cycle and it was just wonderful. Sunset, sunrise, lapping slower cars... pure simracing joy! :cool:

bwana and David O'Reilly like this.
  9. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

Use wireframe layer and then select areas based on that. Don't forget to turn wireframe back off before you convert to dds.

10. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Man I reckon i owe you a carton ! lol , i always used the right Alt :p never thought to use the other Alt , Doh !
    You've been an rather large help in me getting rF2 to where it should be by default .
    Thank You :)

ADSTA, bwana and GrimDad like this.
  11. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Second Last ;)

12. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

That's a disappointing argument really, thanks for that.
    Concerning the rest I will put a full stop here,at least on my end, I've had my say and there's no need to further disrupt the forum and the fact that RF2 has been making great strides forward.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2018
  13. Christos Segkounas

I'd like to ask the devs to allow for servers to disable all common driver aids so as to allow leagues to offer a more tailored experience to their members.

GrimDad likes this.
  14. Nibiru

Nibiru Registered

You can choose what aids the server uses already. You can choose none or a mix of whatever you want.
    Its all set in the dedi server options.

bwana likes this.
  15. AMillward

AMillward Registered

I'm assuming in the past they allowed the TC option. Won't need to now.

Nibiru likes this.
  16. Christos Segkounas

Or didn't.
    Can't help it now...

17. Flaux

Flaux Registered

Has anyone asked how the new Traction Control and ABS work? Are they generated and calculated as in real life?

18. Christos Segkounas

GTEs don't have ABS, only TC.
    Every GTE mod I've driven had weak brakes so ABS wouldn't make a difference anyway, unlike the GT3 pack that has ultra strong brakes.
    I can't answer your other question at this point, if the built-in TC option is trying to be accurate or just pretending.

Flaux likes this.
  19. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Not with the GT3's or the new Endurance pack they now override the server options
    GT3's have ABS & TC
    Endurance GTE have just TC user can control how much or off

20. McFlex

McFlex Registered

https://docs.studio-397.com/developers-guide/cars/car-physics/using-the-new-tc-and-abs-options

As most times the DevTutorial comes without any notification. There you can find all infos about it. From what i understood i works the same way as the driving aids but you can configure more than 3 steps. What the TC driving aid and the new TC settings do is just reducing the input throttle to the percentage value which is defined in the driving aid (usually Low: 33%: Medium: 66% and High: 95%). With the new setting for TC/ABS you can define your own amount of steps and how much the thottle input is reduced. So it's basically the same but now you have to configure two buttons (TC up/down) instead of one to change the setting while driving which is kind anoying for people with limited amount of wheel buttons.

But for the TC control the is also a second function which defines at which slip of the tires the TC/ABS engages which so far can only be adjusted via the setup menu (and only if enabled in the HDV). From my point of view this is the more interessting variable to change while driving (race conditions/changing weather) than change the amount of engagement of TC/ABS. Maybe @Marcel Offermans can take this into consideration for future development of functions and also write a post that the DEV guide has been enhanced.

bobbie424242 and Flaux like this.