Released NEW! Endurance Pack - Now Available!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Jun 15, 2018.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Yeah ive done this but still some cars (Mclaren GT3 for one) still start way off and i don't think I have been able to get them to were they should be .

2. marvelharvey

marvelharvey Registered

Ah sorry. I'm out of ideas then :(

3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Ive done complete reinstalls and have all new files and they still start off from where they should be !

4. Jego

Jego Registered

I have this issue as well, what I do is I'll park the car next to the safety car and adjust the mirrors then.

5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

I do similar but do you have it so the right mirror only adjusts and the seat moves with it ? That and some mirrors just dont get to a use able position !

6. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Totally agree. The equivalent to user manual should be provided. The info in the workshop item is also very poor.

Emery, Atsuki and Guimengo like this.
  7. marmagas

marmagas Registered

A nice addition for sure some infos about each car,remember old ISI pages for each car?

8. Jego

Jego Registered

No I don't have that issue.
    I had something similar thought a while ago.
    I could not adjust the right mirror, so I had to go through my player config and replaced all settings that contained the word mirror with the default setting.
    Then it worked again.

9. Christos Segkounas

Christos Segkounas Registered

It's YOUR point, because apparently you are into cars.
    I am into driving.
    I can tell I am in the minority, people would rather have their sim car built 100% like the real thing and then just mush the throttle on corner exit or frantically click the downshift paddle on the brakes, who cares, it's a Porsche they are driving.
    Guess what, it's not.
    Rest are explained in what was a rather long post, not just one sentence.

David Kolody likes this.
  10. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

the pack is very good, I like most the Porsche at the moment. in physics any other simulation can take an example. however I have graphics errors .... I would call it textures trembling. The car in front of me lacks sporadic textures ... is that known?

11. DrivingFast

DrivingFast Registered

I hope this information will be visible in the new UI.

12. hitm4k3r

hitm4k3r Registered

That was on the VEC server two das ago. When I joined there were allmost 50 people online. Was a bloody mess :p

But joke aside, it shows that you can have public racing with over 40 drivers. If S397 ever manages to get mechanics in place that enforce better driving is another question though. That's where the competition infrastructure needs to work.

peterchen and 2ndLastJedi like this.
  13. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

How is having down shift protection going to help me mash the throttle out of the corner ?
    Im into cars , that includes driving them , working on them , even looking at them .
    I am a poor boy who cant afford and lack the skill to be a real life race car driver but would give my left testy to drive a real race car around Nordschliefe and having a car that performs and has all the attributes of the real deal in a game is as close as im ever going to get and I'd prefer it to be as genuine and realistic as possible .
    If a car has 1000 hp , no assists and 155r13 tyres well thats what id like it to have in game ! If its got 1 hp and full assist and 305's.... wel you get my point .

14. AMillward

AMillward Registered

Never mind, I moved layer 8 into the grouping with shaders and that seems to work. Now to work out what bit is which!

15. Filip

Filip Registered

I am not interested in cars too and play sims because of driving/racing and probably would not like downshift protection.
    But if the real car has it then your request doesn't make sense to me.
    By that logic you could say lets make the driver need to blip and lift the throttle while shifting in GT3 cars.
    If you don't like a feature of a car, choose another car!

16. David O'Reilly

David O'Reilly Registered

I take that as a challenge!!
    I'll have a go and come back to you. :)

Schumi, jayarrbee36 and marmagas like this.
  17. bwana

bwana Registered

I
    think l was in that race . Yep some chaos. Quite a few non league drivers l think . Redress ?? What’s that lol..

18. Christos Segkounas

Didn't I just write about downshifting?

19. Christos Segkounas

We had TC earlier as well, and steer assist and everything.
    I am privileged enough to be racing in a league where these categories are raced without these aids providing a raw driving experience and challenge.
    That is because we can choose to do so.
    The moment these driving helps are shoved down your throat is when it starts being problematic.
    And no, I will not drive something else, it's not like we have an abundance of official content in RF2, I will however "fight" for what I stand for as a sim racer and customer.

David Kolody and mesfigas like this.
  20. dylbie

dylbie Registered

I think I was in that race too! The first lap was comical! I did settle down and had a good race with someone for a lap or two before I accidentally put it in 1st gear on the straight! :oops:

So far tried all the cars except the Corvette and I think they are exceptional. There are a few minor bugs, but nothing major. Been driving around the latest Le Mans on the Exiled server and having an epic time in the M8!

bwana likes this.