Latest Release 1109 Rain Effects AND MORE!

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by Christopher Elliott, Dec 21, 2017.

1. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

"Rearview Cull":true
    "Rearview_Back_Clip":3000
    3000 is metres so 3000 would be 3 km thats is what I run nothing disappears.
    So adjust the distance to what you can handle.

bravotangosix and GrimDad like this.
  2. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Thanks for the head up, but why that happen e.g. not at Albi?

camaro_albi.jpg

I would assume, its more track related. At Nola there are 222 objects tagged with VisGroup=(32), wich means, that objects are not seen in the mirror ;-)

//Edit: tried your suggestion and its really amazing, its much better with "3000". OK, objects with visgroup 32 still disappears in the mirror, but its much better!

//Edit2: probably i found the reason, why at nola the objects disappearing very fast?
    View=rearview
    ClipPlanes=(0.50, 150.00)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  3. stonec

stonec Registered

Every S397/ISI track has clip planes set at 150 meter for rear view. I don't know why, as adding more meters consume negligibly more FPS while providing a much better experience.

Rearview cull on other hand is a huge FPS hog when enabled, I don't recommend that unless you absolutely have to see every object in rear view. This setting enabled basically renders rear view same as front view, which doesn't make much sense, as you have much less resolution and area to spot small objects in rear view.

4. Paulfield

Paulfield Registered

I run gtx 1080ti on triples and from default to 3000 lost 5 fps can live with that.

5. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

How have you got sharp un pixelated images in your mirrors,all the mirrors for me are very pixelated and blocky

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Sure?
    Actually i have these tracks installed in Moddev (besides Nola):

Matsusaka (3PA)
    View=rearview
    ClipPlanes=(0.50, 500.00)
    Montecarlo
    View=rearview
    ClipPlanes=(0.50, 450.00)
    Tigermoth
    View=rearview
    ClipPlanes=(0.50, 1500.00)

But thanks for the additional information about "Rearview Cull".
    //Edit:
    Are you really sure about that? When you enable ("True") Rearview Cull, it seems, objects in the mirror are shown as they are tagged in the scn file by visgroups...

Last edited: Dec 25, 2017
  7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Finally got to have a go with the update in VR, dry running the FPS was pretty much the same as before, no noticeable difference for me. I had Rain on Medium and yeah there's an expected FPS hit which was bad enough to make it uncomfortable, as soon as the Rain stopped the FPS went back to an easily acceptable level even with Spray & Road Reflections (low).

Also as expected in VR the effects are even better to the point the sound of the Rain was making me need a wee, or maybe that's too much Xmas beer :p

I've lowered Rain to Low in the settings but yet to try it yet as I was desperate to take the 33 Stradale round Seca in AC...oh my that was awesome, lovely Xmas Presents from our beloved Sim Devs.

8. stonec

stonec Registered

Hm right, I meant to say every object in mirror behaves like front view visgroups when cull is enabled. When cull is disabled, additional rearview visgroup parameter "32" will limit rearview objects further. And since most objects on ISI tracks are tagged as 32, it means there is huge FPS saving with cull disabled.

9. Emery

Emery Registered

It helps regain a few fps and I didn't notice it looking any worse.

mel1c and MarcG like this.
  10. Lgel

Lgel Registered

"We have removed the “cache” folder from our install, so all content will now be downloaded from the workshop. This means the base install is much smaller. Upon first launch you will be automatically subscribed to all Studio 397 content and while that is downloading the Launcher will show a progress dialog window with screenshots of all content items it is downloading for you."
    Thanks a lot, I complained more than once of this, so I am very happy of this improvement.

Cheers.

Marcel Offermans and Churrinche like this.
  11. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

I just started to make a skin for a Metalmoro and when I went to look at the progress on the spinner in the hanger there is no lighting on the right side and rear of the car. Seems to be the same for all other cars.
    Is it just me or all?
    If all, S397 you need new light bulbs in the hanger :) Ho Ho Ho!

12. Bernd

Bernd Registered

Yes, it's the same here.
    I guess it's because we live in the 'save energy'-age. :)

GrimDad likes this.
  13. Jeferson Richart

Jeferson Richart Registered

Same here...

GrimDad likes this.
  14. GrimDad

GrimDad Registered

Thanks for checking guys.

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I think there's some confusion here.

Rear view cull Enabled (True - default) doesn't draw some objects in the rearview at all. There is a specific visgroups flag for this (32, I believe, as you've said). This is used by track makers to keep FPS up, trying to remove less obvious objects in the mirrors. But in quicker conversions or unusually heavy tracks this ends up making many objects invisible in the mirrors. Again, this is the default setting.

Disabling rearview cull (False) makes all objects visible, just like the front view. (The other visgroups still determine which sessions objects appear in, etc)

Now there will always be exceptions, but I've found surprisingly little impact on FPS when disabling cull and/or extending the rear clip plane. And on some tracks it makes a huge difference to immersion.

Prodigy and SPASKIS like this.
  16. Hparadine

Hparadine Registered

Hey mate, could you please elaborate on what you class on low, mid and high end card.
    I know I have a low end card now, gtx580, i5 3570k 16gb ddr3,1080p 60hz single,but I’ve like to know how far I’m behind. I want a new card and would like to know what’s your idea of high end.
    Will that be a 1070, or no??? No I assume.
    Only just went to dx11 now, and struggling to get 60fps with just less than your low end specs, aa-1 fxaa off. With dx9 and similar settings to your mid specs(aa-2 fxaa off) I was getting solid 180 capped,
    Looks like I may need a new card, if I don’t want to further turn things down.which I don’t really want to haha..
    Also when changing graphic settings, is it advisable to delete shaders and cbash before restart? Reason being, was I change lots of settings last night, and after a couple of hours it was stuttering very bad, then I deleted the files again and it was way smoother, same settings.
    Will going to a 1070 make my system nice again? Playable, with nice graphics
    Or should it be a 1080 in my system?
    Or just build a ddr4 and and i7, with a 1070/1080.

Or should I be able to get solid 60hz with my system?
    Any advice is appreciated, thank you.
    I was testing at limerock in the radical turbo
    Crt-c showed a full green bar and he purple bar was between 1/4 full maybe a touch more.
    Cheers guys

Edit: I have picked up 22 fps at start of race, and about 40 during the race, just by turning shadows down one step to (low) I will post my settings for anyone else with an older system.
    BTW I looks a lot better even with my lowish settings. Happy days
    And my card was bought 2nd hand and was well used before I got it haha.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2017
  17. Comante

Comante Registered

I don't think it's all OK, losing 120 fps just switching from DX9 to DX11 it's not normal, if it would, I would play with 1 fps, while I capped fps to 90 and they stay there quide good (in DX9 I capped them at 120). I would investigate your FPS loss deeper.

Hparadine likes this.
  18. patchedupdemon

patchedupdemon Registered

Personally I’d just pop a 1070ti in your system,I wouldn’t waste the extra cash on a normal 1080,the 1070ti has rendered the 1080 redundant now,your cpu is more than fine.
    Your gpu is definitely holding you back on dx11

Hparadine and bwana like this.
  19. Lgel

Lgel Registered

If you need a 500 $ plus video card to run decently RF2, then no surprise that on line servers are empty.
    I don't know the rest of the equipment of the OP, but you cannot drop a recent card in an older PC and expect good results.
    Cheers.

20. Hparadine

Hparadine Registered

Cheers mate.. I found turning shadows down one step to low gave me heaps...
    Went from 50 at start of grid to 72. Very happy about that.

Guimengo likes this.