[WIP] EnduranceRacingX PX by URD Pre-order with beta access available!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, May 4, 2015.

1. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

no bump map actually and the material looks fine, never got this issue sofar in sp or devmode

2. Justy

Justy Registered

Aww man these cars look sooo good, can't wait to try these bad boys out. Roll on payday. [emoji4]

Great job Ales and all the URD team.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

3. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

Ales, just drove the cars last night. It was superb!

I have a suggestion though, which is not "must have", but would be nice.

Some people, like me, usually disable the virtual steering wheel + driver arms, but on cars with wheel-mounted dashs, you look all the info. Maybe would be nice to consider an "upgrade" in the future where one can choose between wheel-mounted or column-mounted dash (kinda like the C7R one), nothing fancy, just the dash "box" with the exactly same screen shown on the steering wheel. :cool:

4. StrawmanAndy

StrawmanAndy Registered

I tried PX1 and PX2 and it's only happening on the PX1. You are right and I was wrong as the car only gets 37º water and around 90 for oil. PX2 seems fine, maybe still a bit low but was well into the 60's when I left the garage. And yeah I understand what you mean about the flywheel in netural, the revs do take some time to rise and fall.

But it's really nice to see a turbo working on the PX1 machine. :)

5. Lenniepen

Lenniepen Registered

Bought and tried them yesterday (only tried PX1).
    It felt great, although the default setup had a lot of oversteer (especially medium/high speed corners).

I saw that in the Race Settings screen (where you select the cars-classes you want in your race) that the PX1-cars are in class PX1, and PX2-cars are in class P2, instead of PX2.
    Is there a PX_full class, like there is an EGT_full class? Or maybe an URD_full class?

6. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Thank you!

7. Chris Lesperance

Chris Lesperance Registered

+1 :)

8. MiKeAhOwSkI

MiKeAhOwSkI Registered

I was feeling a lot of medium to high speed oversteer as well. Even on the default 15 rear wing, which is pretty high (22 max)

It feels aero related since it occurs at med-high speed. I lose the PX1 most easily around dunlop curve and porsche curves as an example.

Just my observations. Cars look and sound great!

9. Lgel

Lgel Registered

I feel the car has a near perfect balance at least at Sao Paolo (tire temps very similar between front and rear). But don't forget that the PX1 2015 has a turbo engine, and power arrives more suddenly than in PX1 2014 (do you loose the rear at constant speed, or when accelerating?).

Remember a PX1 is not supposed to be an F1, but it is not a BMW E90, in fact much closer to an F1.

Rf2 is an advanced sim, if you feel your car oversteers in med to high speed corners, you can raise rear wing, lower front wing, raise spring stiffness of front, raise front ARB, soften rear spring and ARB. Play with ride height, dampers, camber, differential.

Have you tried these things before giving an advice of how the car behaves?

Cheers.

10. RNeves

RNeves Registered

Bingo!!!

Finally someone understands my point!!!

11. Quartza

Quartza Registered

How did the CPM tires test out? Did the car get released with them?

12. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

I encountered same trouble with 2015 PX1 after 5-6 laps.
    I've just changed tires from S6 to S7 and it's better for me, no more oversteer :).
    There are 2 more hard tires (S8 S9) but I've not tested them yet.
    EDIT : Just have a try at Sebring with PX1 and AI can't pit out without crashing, only a few survived (3 out of 20).

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
  13. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

I've got that as well.

It sure does aero related because is like all of the sudden the wing stalled for a bit.

But as I don't know that much about the real car, neither fiddled with setup yet, I was sure to bring it up here, until I found a lot of you guys saying the same.

14. UnitedRacingDesign

S7 and S8 are probably best tires, i will make S7 default to be loaded as S6 more of qualy tire. Some setup adjustments will be done to default.

crashed pitwall? have to adjust the damage, steering lock is small thought but if i add more the tires come out over body-not good! :) In real those cars are pulled out of boxes on those rollers.

15. MiKeAhOwSkI

MiKeAhOwSkI Registered

It was at a constant speed. Usually mid corner where I'd start depending on the downforce. I didn't raise the rear wing, Actually lowered it to gain some top end down the Mulsanne which didn't help either :p

I softened the rear bar and springs, lowered front wing, and played with diff power and coast settings both directions. Not much else.

The EGT cars I had set as AI seemed to have more confidence in the high speed stuff than my LMP car..lol. They were entering corners at a higher speed than I dared to.

I'll try some of the other tires and mess with some more stuff. I was only able to race for about 1 hour.

Is there a guide to the tire meanings? S7 S8 etc? Thanks!

16. UnitedRacingDesign

smaller the number, softer the tire ;)

17. DX3S

DX3S Registered

First, very great cars! It make a lot of fun to drive the cars! Finally LMP-Cars in rFactor 2!!! [emoji4]

One question, it is possible to make the frontlights stronger and brighter? [emoji3]

18. matf1

matf1 Registered

I had similar at the transition point between decel/accel coming out of the final turn at Sebring. and went the opposite direction, stiffening rear springs and packers. It seemed to be the pitch change, the squatting of the rear that was my issue. As you've mentioned yours is at constant speed, not a transition point then I'd be suggesting you have too much bite in the front. It really seems to like a very stiff front roll bar to slide gently across the surface.

19. UnitedRacingDesign

Sure, will be done.

Will release new version after we sort out this kinda small baby "bugs" :)

20. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Purchased 2 mins ago. I thought i would have to wait for your E-mail. But didn't, works flawlessly.
    To late now to try but will do tomorrow.

Question about new releases: will that work out the same way like new EGT versions? So we get an E-mail with download link?