Oh boy was i wrong about this....!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by msportdan, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Nazirull Safry Paijo Registered

U want something finished, go rent a kart.

2. yusupov

yusupov Registered

"broken"? lol. inconsistent i can see, but its not broken. and any game with a feature set as vast & deep as rf2 is going to be inconsistent, it will never be polished as long as they keep adding new content, which i hope they do.

3. msportdan

msportdan Banned

okay yeah sorry rephrase "inconsistent", broken was a little unfair.

4. Nazirull Safry Paijo

How can something improve while being consistent?

5. msportdan

msportdan Banned

i know different people work on different stuff, but what dont they bring all cars up to the same standard in physics. Then improve the engine and other features. So theres is consistency.

6. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Good idea...tell Tim to do dat. Private message him.

7. msportdan

msportdan Banned

this is just my opinion of what i thinks wrong with the development of this sim. You asked why people are ignoring or wont try RF2, ive just explained you the reason why people cant be bothered with a mess (to many people) of a sim..

8. Nazirull Safry Paijo

Let them be. U cant please everyone.

9. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

They have a specific feature set and the content guys make content with that feature set. Then the devs dream up some new features or the content guys dream up a new idea and the devs add it. So now the content guys take advantage of these new features on their current project. Then when that project is done they go back and refresh old content to bring the old content back up to the current feature set. A good example was the new steering system and chassis flex that was added while the content guys were working on the Karts. Or for example right now we have some new tire features but no current content takes full advantage of it. So all the cars will need a refresh. rF2 has been in this cycle from day one. What do you suggest as an alternative? rF1 has inconsistent content too. If you don't like a car, don't drive it. When an update comes out, try it again, if you don't like it, don't drive it. What I find comical is literally EVERY sim goes through this exact process. iRacing introduces a NTM and then one car at a time gets an update to support it. Every time I test a current build of pCARS I test a car that sounds interesting to me, I am disappointed and then people point out, "well you can't test that car right now... test the _____ it is the most current".

10. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

It's the thing that I mostly read there. "Don't try this track yet" / "... or this car either" / "or this car on that track" and so on. At least in rF2 I can race everything everywhere unless the track has some fatal issue.

11. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

I would add possibly just not having an understanding of vehicle dynamics to that list. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the same msportdan that I had a bit of a discussion with in the race department thread - starting with this post --> http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/is-this-possible-the-best-race-sim-around-atm.92152/page-7#post-1920762).

When I tried explaining just how much of a difference, and improvement, RF2 is over pre-RF2 ISI engines, msportdan said:
    I respect his preference regarding specific car handling (RF2 Clio VS GSCE Mini), but the first part of his statement? Really?

All the improvements in the rFactor 2 physics engine, like all sorts of motor physics improvements, real turbo modeling, a much updated overall physics engine (all sorts of stuff regarding chassis, suspension, aero, and so on), chassis flex, the steering systems, the FFB model, and obviously the tyre model are on another level to anything before it. When I tried to explain all those core physics engine (including tyre model) improvements, msportdan replied:
    So I guess we're all delusional.

Then when I said to msportdan that he has no sense of car physics if he thinks RF2 doesn't act and feel any different to pre-RF2 ISI engine based sims (eg. GSCE), he said the following statements which not only show (to me) how little he knows about RF2 (statement #1) but also how little he understands, and has a sense for, sim-car physics & FFB in general (statement #3).

So he's saying the RF2 physics engine is the same as RF1 with just some tyres deforming (statement #1), and that he thinks that it's funny that someone is able to perceive/sense and feel the differences between a much more advanced overall physics engine (RF2) and a pre-RF2 ISI physics engine when all we're using are "plastic" wheels and PC monitors, and that it therefore must all be placebo (statement #3). Wow!

He then goes on to say
    I'm speechless.

Then this - it's his opinion and he of-course has the right to it, but it blows my mind:
    Neither game's vehicle-physics or FFB would change by adding (to GSCE) a separate feature like realroad, or removing it (from RF2). A dynamic track surface doesn't change the coding of the game's physics and FFB systems. Play RF2 with a static (ie. disabled) realroad setting (preferably with lots of rubber) - the physics and FFB are still the same 'ol RF2 physics and FFB, same if GSCE had the feature implemented.

As you may be able to see by now, Msportdan seems quite inexperienced with regards to racing sims and vehicle-dynamics in general - well, his statements give me that impression, that's for sure. I feel this thread was almost purposely created in order to "bash" RF2 rather than to have any meaningful physics and/or FFB discussions, or - as the thread's title suggests - complimenting it.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2015
  12. Daytona 675

Daytona 675 Registered

I think similar, Spinelli.
    He loves the rental kart in GSC (I like too), and said rF2 karts are crappy, when I said to him "if you only tried rental karts, you can´t say a lot about rF2 karts", then he edited his post and erased all about rF2 karts.
    Don´t feed...

13. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

Oh boy was i wrong about this....OP and Thread!

^

14. Comante

Comante Registered

I think there is no need for this mud shacking, he returned here to admit he was wrong, this is much more than many would have done.
    (Raise a hand who has never been wrong on the web, and even when realized it, just nodded without admitting it openly).

15. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

16. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

New UI ( that looks great ), new tracks in the pipeline , plugin delay gone, content being updated, VR support coming on CV1

brilliant !

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

I really like AC immersion but I can't stand the "whiplash" or "pendulum" effect.

Combined with the liberal grip levels on optimum rubber it makes corner exits feel semi-sim.

It is so over done and permeates through all vehicles like so many other sims.

Show me any rF2 ISI Historic or Road cars come out of corners swinging back n forth like "soap on a rope " ;)

18. bwana

bwana Registered

just choked on my coffee. DD .You haven't have you...

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
  19. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

View attachment 15969

[MENTION=2037]Satangoss[/MENTION]
    Finally got rF2 time again :) This is my most recent setup. It's for Mountain Peak Karting Track (Long), but the setup is more or less the same on all tracks. I Have to add, that I also have the impression that the karts are way better in build 930 then before. It was way more forgiving/natural when touching the kerbs, more like it felt in real life!!!

EDIT :: Forgot to add, but this is for the JUNIOR kart!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2015
  20. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Thanks man, appreciate that.