Baffled by press

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Promag, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

It's just for league use. Sorry. :(

2. tjc

tjc Registered

Ahh... ok, no worries... :)

3. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

VR have already deleted my comment about Pcars !'
    It is pathetic how they make Advertising for Pcars every week and every day and I asked them, why do they put the pre-order link of Pcars in the end of every Pcars news and dont do the same thing with rf2?
    "The title can now be pre-ordered here"...pathetic!

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

This is pathetic mate and feel free to make post about it:
    "SLIx3 Titans, GeForce driver 344.48 & 3 Dell U2713HM. rFactor 2
    profile is still unchanged from the one created 2011-09-22 despite now
    having 32 & 64 bit executables. Multiview+HDR is still 12-15 fps
    with this profile. Stuttering with multiview, multimonitor + multi gpu
    makes the sim unplayable."

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

Well, provided the data is correct, load distribution and the kinematic is working as it should and the tire physic is doing the job right. Still enough room for mistakes i guess.

6. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I have AMD 7950 flex edition and I run every thing maxed, triple screen, HDR on but no multi view, 18 AI...55-70fps

7. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I don`t want huge fps like you have that`s why I bought 2xEVGA GTX 780 Ti 15 fps is awesome sim looks just great.

8. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

You are extremely aggressive and rude with your comments over there just about every time you post. You come off as an absurdly unreasonable rF2 fanboy and it's surprising you're still allowed to post.

9. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I'm sure Melanie Uk or whatever her name is should go before Wadji ;)

10. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

She can join him, her comments should all be ignored but she's not raging like the dude above us.

11. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Really?!?!? Hahahaha. She is completely belligerent with nothing but misinformation about a sim she fully admits she doesn't own. But oh.... she has full access to it when ever she needs it. Thats the same line they all use, "A friend of a friend of a friend's who has a state of the art (80486 with Hercules GFX) computer has rF2 and it sucks".

12. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Ari, I know how rF2's FFB works but thanks for the explanation.

Joe, you have not offended me, no worries :) . I must say though, I am not delusional, lol. You can feel engine revs - if you want to - in pre-rF2 ISI engine based sims. It's a fact. I have been playing prr-rF2 based sims for 8 or so years, I have no idea why you so strongly think I am making up all these forces in my head, lol. I am tellin you, it's a fact, not opinion. You can tune the frequency of it, you can tune the strength of it, you can tune wether it's off or on. And so on. If you do research on rF1 style FFB or just try it out for yourself and mess with FFB settings yourself then you can see what I mean.

Jokeri, at the moment I am using a T500RS. I originally spent 3-4 years with a Momo Racing, then 2 or 3 years with a G25, then from a G25 I had to go to a Momo Force because the G25's lack of straight-line FFB meant I didn't recieve any of the vital rF1-style FFB during times the wheel was completely straight (bumps, road texture, engine revs, weight shift, brake lock-up, etc.), then after 3 years or so of the Momo Force i went to a CSR for a few months, and then to a T500RS for the past 1.5 years.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2014
  13. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Nooo, sweet, adorable little "look at all the pwetty colors"-Melanie should never go away.
    I need her comments on VirtualR to get my laugh on every once in a while. ;)

14. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

You are simply off dude!lol, you can check my posts there and you will see that you are wrong!

15. Maug

Maug Registered

I love how VirtualR banned Wajdi but never did anything against MelanieUK, who's constantly off topic, trolling like if her life was depending on it.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2014
  16. TypicalAnalytical

TypicalAnalytical Banned

Yeah Melanie is one of few if not only one left. Even chris what's his face backed off possibly to not be associated with Melanie

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

She'll get the ban hammer soon enough, I'm sure.

18. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Guys, please make sure to not call anyone names, whether they are a member here or not.

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

I guess that is partially correct with the free stuff, but when at iRacing I saw a lot of guys gave testimonials that were genuine. Whether a testimonial is good or bad, a free membership isn't going to make you lie. Is it? Would it be enough for you to lower yourself? I think in the vast majority of cases you're seeing a genuine opinion (at the time it was given)... Whether they would volunteer it without being asked? No. Drivers who use a product don't tend to contact you and say "hey, you should post my opinion on your Web site!"

While at ISI, I've had a few drivers contact me, with every single one asking for sponsorship in return for testimonials. They'll flat out say "I love your product, I use it to train!" but they don't want you posting it anywhere. You've seen a few drivers give genuine testimonials (though not many as timing always screwed us - see the final paragraphs of this post), and over time with rF1 it happened by itself, with drivers sharing their opinion themselves, something that I am beginning to see with rF2 and can hopefully start making use of.

Frankly though, what does a real life driver testimonial do for you as a sim racer? It is how things are normally done, yes, but has every testimonial led you to the best product at that time? Of course not. You will feel what feels best for you, regardless of what a real life driver, sim racer, Web site review, news post on a sim site, or a developer tells you. Try every product you can, give them all a decent shake and see what you enjoy. Because it's not about the product, it's about you. You having fun. You getting the feel you want. You feeling it is realistic.

I know I said I wouldn't really comment too much in this thread when I replied to EB earlier, but I guess it is time to say something. You know how we have tried to change the dev process the last few builds, trying to put out completed features rather than letting you have them sooner, incomplete, etc. Basically the marketing of rF2 has been a series of bad timing events, some decisions that have held things off, etc. One thing that really sums a lot of things up is the Indy and Indy car trailer EB mentioned. Damn good trailer, but at the time it was produced, the new build had some issues we were wary of bringing a flood of new users in to see, and of course the DW12 was produced lacking data. As EB says himself, the DW12 has issues. Do we heavily advertise our realistic simulation, have people come in to use a car that lacks data, and I'll freely admit has some big gaps? What would your decision be? I know that we need sales, and that's not so much about revenue, it's more about getting more people using the product, more people racing, more people for you to race - but the DW12 isn't currently what our product is. So it becomes a perfect example of how rF2 has been with marketing. There's always been some issue to avoid, some reason to wait, etc.

I did say a long time ago, a few times actually, that I was waiting for a specific thing before I felt we could push the product. Unfortunately a lot of the time when we got to that specific point, there was another thing introduced to wait for. That is why we recently altered how we develop, how we push new features, and why we've been trying to work towards completion of features, not new half-finished things for you to mess with (although those things are still being developed internally).

I feel we are really getting close now. I felt OK to try to get some sales this weekend, get some people using build 880, get some more people for you to race, etc. I didn't feel OK getting people to use 860 (for the same reasons some leagues avoided it). I'm very excited about the near future. I see less and less issues to wait for, to be scared of pushing too much, and frankly with a new UI alone I think the first impression alone will be massively different.

I hope this explains the history a little bit, whether or not you agree with how things have been done, and the decisions.

20. speed1

speed1 Banned

You are dealing with people who simply have no idea what they are talking about, that is all, not that you are doing a bad job.