[REL] rF2 Spotter Plugin

Discussion in 'Other' started by Gerald Jacobson, Oct 17, 2014.

1. jefcam

jefcam Registered

UPDATE:

ERROR FOUND AND FIXED. (After all these hours testing).

CHANGE: Event 'Best Lap' when the spotter says for example 'You made the Fastest Lap" is present in all sessions (Test Day, Practise, Warmup and Race) but removed it from Qualify. The reason being that in Qualify there is a seperate event Pole that says that you're in the pole. So in my opinion its repetition saying you are in pole and after it saying you made the fastest lap. Fastest Lap in Qualify automatically mean Pole. Agree?

2. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Before releasing version 1.6 which now includes a quite complicated events for those who will have qualify split in Q1, Q2 and Q3.

I have set up a small readme file to help those who wish to implement this. Have a look at it and see what is needed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nkcvblabkq12ugm/Readme.rtf?dl=0

ps. Those who will use the normal qualify need to touch nothing as these special events will be disabled by default.

Jef

feedback appreciated

3. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Hi Jef,

many thanks for sharing and the many optimizations :) (and of course to gerald for the plugin and the detailed wiki)
    Most of the time I use my rF2 offline with a tuned eviroment (rig, sim, ai, car setup) for a specific track and endurance cars and
    I use your spotter modification which I really enjoy.
    But a problem is I have no samples for the name of the AI drivers because of this I hear for example after the first lap very often
    "got the pole" .
    Would it be possible to solve this with some "generic" driver name samples . For example like "The car with number 1, The car with number 2, .. ?
    If I missed something sorry :p

thx

4. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Agree but on the ohter hand
    I like it when my spotter is satisfied with my performance ;)

5. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Hi Alpha-Bravo you can use the original spotter made by Gerald, currently v1.8.6. That works 100% without having driver names in place.

My sound pack + extra events is a build up on the work of Gerald. I've added a bunch of extra events which most of them use the command File=[DriverName] to support driver names. The idea is not to have "Car with number 1" but to have the actual name of the driver. That was the main reason for creating such thing.

Let me give a practical example. One of the events tells you who made the fastest lap, and it says for example "File=[DriverName] has made the fastest lap or another one says File=[DriverName] has won the game.
    File=[DriverName] is replaced by the proper driver wav file found in the Driver folder.

Having .. the car with number 1 has won the race or the car with number 4 is behind, that does not make sense to me. Who is the driver with car No1? car No4?

ps. regarding your reply to my above post, you did not understand what I was saying

Have you tried the ISI Formula 2 Cars? you have all their names in there. What mod do you play most?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 23, 2015
  6. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

APEX GT3 and URD-EGT sometimes mixed.

7. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Version 1.6b Released

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2015
  8. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

Hey Gerald and Jeffrey,
    thanks alot for all what you do here! We had our first event of our second season yesterday and it was a lot of fun and with the spotter really great. i use it since the beginning. now with jeffrey's sounds it is even better. thanks again for the driver names. it is just perfect, when the spotter tells me, who is going to pits.
    But there seems to be one bug. in race i got closer to the guy in front of me, and the spotter told me correctly i am getting closer, but it told me always my own name, not the drivers name in front of me.
    when the driver behind me came closer, he told me the correct name.
    The sound files are all correct, so that is not the problem.

Edit: forgot info: i was using Spotter 1.8.4 and jeffreys sounds 1.5

9. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Hi Thor first of all I'm glad you like Gerald Spotter and my addon pack. Thanks. I've tested v1.6 many times and I am sure that the event 'Next_SLower' is 100% correct.

Your problem is this. Your are using an old version of Gerald. You are using v1.8.4. That is not the last version. The last version is 1.8.6. I think that is the problem.

Post were Gerald placed version 1.8.6:

http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/22203-rF2-Spotter-Plugin?p=384001&viewfull=1#post384001

Im'100% sure this will solve your problem, but let me know.

The only thing that does not work fully is time left for qualify session

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 25, 2015
  10. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

hi jef, i will test v1.8.6 as soon as possible. may take some days.
    saw yesterday there is a new version of plugin and your add on, but didn't want to update right before the event :)

11. jefcam

jefcam Registered

First install Gerald's v1.8.6 then put my sound pack and replace the two files (events and rules)

12. jefcam

jefcam Registered

I've just given a quick look to the remaining triggers/inputs and there is not much left I can do. Now I think we must wait for Gerald Jacobson to work and release some new triggers/inputs.

Two of the remaining triggers and inputs I am really waiting are:

1. Damage Trigger
    2. Penalty Trigger (Drive Through or Stop and Go)

ps. We still have the time remaining trigger not working fully as desired for qualification session.

13. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

hi jef, i installed plug in 1.8.6 and it works perfect with your addon 1.5
    but with 1.6 rf2 crashes, when i want to leave the garage and the plugin is loaded.

14. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

hi jef,

i opened DefaultEvents.ini and deleted all the new events after "FastestLapTestday", which are not used at the moment. now it is working with your V1.6
    looks like it is not good to do this: //Event=QualifyTwo
    ???

15. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

one more thing i noticed, but i don't know if it causes problems. i checked the brackets in the events and found 3 events: "Pole", "FastestLap" and "WonRace" each have 1 of these } to much.
    The Events "FastestLapPractise" and "FastestLapTestday" do miss one of these }

16. jefcam

jefcam Registered

You have the wrong version of 1.6. Yes it crashed because i had // before the event names. That crashed everything. Then i noticed that and 10 minutes later uploaded a new version of 1.6 without crash.

Instead of // there is the word DISABLED after the event name. In this way the event does not match with the rule. To enable just delete the words DISABLED.

Download 1.6 again and see if there is the word DISABLED after the last 4 events in advanced section

Pole, FastestLap and WonRace for me seems to have the same number of opening and closing brackets.

Regarding"FastestLapPractise" and "FastestLapTestday" you were right, one missing bracket.

So I am releasing a new version 1.6b.

Thor thanks for your help. Please count the brackets again in the 5 events mentioned above and see that you have DISABLED in the last 4 advanced events.

17. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Spotter Plugin Sound Pack v1.6b - By Jeffrey Camilleri www.virtualracingmalta.com

This is a new sound pack for this fantastic spotter addon by Gerald Jacobson. All sounds have been re-recorded and includes new sound files for new events.
    Note: Designed for users who intend to use driver names.

DOWLOAD SOUND PACK HERE:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ldxeg5l12jtp4j/Sound%20Pack%201.6b.rar?dl=0

Included updated DefaultEvents.ini and DefaultRules.ini - Required for NEW EVENTS / UPDATED EVENTS to work

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I accept lists of Names and Surnames to create driver sounds to be compatible with sound pack to be used in your private league. Contact me by private message or email: jefcam@euroweb.net.mt

Previous Log File: DOWNLOAD HERE

Version 1.6 Log File:
    - Edited: Event MyPlaceChanged - Spotter will praise you when making an overtaking like for example "Well Done, Nice Move" etc..
    - New Event: SafetyCar - Spotter will inform you of full course yellow for example "Safety Car Deployed"
    - New Event: TimeLeftPractise - Spotter will inform you that 1hr, 30min, 20min, 10min, 5mins, 3 mins, 1 min are left and when Practise Session Over.
    - New Event: TimeLeftTestday - Spotter will inform you that 1hr, 30min, 20min, 10min, 5mins, 3 mins, 1 min are left and when Test Day Session Over.
    - New Event: TimeleftWarmup - Spotter will inform you when 5mins, 4mins, 3mins, 2mins 1mins are left for start of race.
    - New Event: FastestLapPractise - Spotter will inform you who is doing best lap during Parctise (5 different custom sounds for practise)
    - New Event: FastestLapTestDay - Spotter will inform you who is doing best lap during TestDay (5 different custom sounds for testday)
    - New Event: QualifyOne - Event for advanced users who use Q1, Q2 and Q3. Spotter will inform if in dropzone or not (check readme file)
    - New Event: QualifyTwo - Event for advanced users who use Q1, Q2 and Q3. Spotter will inform if in dropzone or not (check readme file)
    - New Event: Event=Q1 - Event for advanced users. Spotter will inform of time left and when Q1 has ended. (check readme file)
    - New Event: Event=Q2 - Event for advanced users. Spotter will inform of time left and when Q2 has ended. (check readme file)

- New Improved Sounds + other minor improvements.

Version 1.6b Log File:
    Fixed some missing brackets in 2 events.

Suggested Audio Settings:
    View attachment 18068

Regards
    Jeffrey

18. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

Hi jef, looks all good now. Will check later today in game, when i am at the racing pc.

19. Mr.Thor

Mr.Thor Registered

Version 1.6b is working fine again! Well Done :)

20. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

This is very nice update :)

Couple questions though

- I didn't hear any sounds during my pit-stop as in the intro video. Any reason for that?

- Now when I don't have any driver names created I hear "- just set the fastest lap" etc. Could it be possible it at least say a car number or something?