Formula Renault 3.5 2014-spec Now Available

Discussion in 'News & Notifications' started by 88mphTim, May 21, 2014.

1. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

On that note, the driver hands gently clip the wheel when turning it.

Yes

2. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

But without shared mas, when you load in first the car that don't have the files, the loading fail.

3. MarcG

MarcG Registered

we had a massive debate about this package system shortly after RF2 came out, the general consensus was if it was here to stay (which it inevitibly is obviously!) then things like Skins, Sounds, Talent (i.e. everything that cant contribute to the actual physics of the car) need to be made seperate to allow 3rd party additions. But with this new release it seems were stuck unless ISI have something up their sleeve they're not telling us about, I would really like ISI confirmation on this as to which direction they are heading as I'd love to share my Talent files, as others would with Sounds etc to use on individual mods without having to re-package and break onlineability (oohh new word!).

4. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

Drag Reduction System
    The car features a drag reduction system (DRS) system, which in contrast to F1, closes the slot gap to stall the wing.

DRS off

View attachment 12814

DRS Activated

View attachment 12815

:)

5. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Thx for the pics, had not realized that yet :)

So it is supposed to be open and we close it manually in the braking zone?
    and I just noticed the flap opens up when using the brakes......i'm a bit confused tbh.

6. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

The DRS works opposite to what F1 uses. When activated it closes to stall the wing instead of opening like F1 does. Just think opposite.

7. benmttf

benmttf Registered

This Formula Renault look very cool and sound good to! I will try it on Friday... One thing Tim. There is no wind, aero sound on all open car. Why? It will be cool to add it to improve immersion!

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Opened up the MAS files to see how ISI have gone about things and they're encrypted.....does'nt make things any easier without a full explanation, I feel a new dedicated thread coming on :p

9. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Ok I get it now, sorry for being so thick :p

Still trying to get my head around this though. typically I will use the brakes for corner entry and also to assist in lines, create balance, load the car, etc.
    But when using the brakes the flaps opens up, giving less downforce in those situations. and pressing the drs whilst braking don't do much either.
    I don't get how it actually helps lol. it gives less downforce in situations where I need more.

10. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Good idea!

About the FR3.5 2014. Nice addition. Just had a quick AI run and the first thing i noticed is the good external sound. Textures for tire degradation look also very good.

11. WiZPER

WiZPER Registered

I sure hope NOT, that would be an open door to a havoc of mismatches and conflicts... Sounds yes, if you POINT to that sound folder in the .SFX for the car - that's not possible for textures, with the exception of ISI's own common.mas

12. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I gave it a try @ Silverstone and I like it! drive well, feels good and sound good:)nuch better than the 2010 version.

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

+stock setup feels fine to me, not changed a thing (except gone to med down force package), ffb is feeling better the more I tune into this sim car

it has a nice direct & raw feeling which is exactly what I look for in a sim car

( am keeping fps above 100fps )

14. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Don't think Lo used the hires decal options for most of these, we''d need a 64bit exe to be able to.

15. 88mphTim

At your time of posting, there was a single link on both locations. I just added other donated mirror links.

16. 88mphTim

Thanks. :) Just a few tweaks to go, video links, and links to download from mirrors, templates, etc as well. But it's getting more to where I want them to be. Then I'll just have to go back and do it to the others... lol

17. 88mphTim

Possibly. We do need the gear shifting anims in for some cars at some stage as well. They'd be higher priority than button pressing.

18. 88mphTim

Any opinions on this being a demo option? I think so...

19. 88mphTim

It's a stalled wing. See the profile page.

20. 88mphTim

B660 installed?