REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Pits

Pits Registered

I want to not like this man but his name sounds just like a proper F1 race drivers name..that gives him credit out of the box, plus what he said is more right than wrong 'on the scales'

I did read that it was out of beta and a proper game now? if so then is it about being a negative poster that he is bought to task on more than his content I wonder.
    He was allowed to say that and it looked pretty reasonable here

"Oh please.

What if it greatly enhanced the ability to significantly solve any issues. Would you still object then?"

That's a head scratcher, the logic doesn't fit at all really. No re-read it 10 times and still bemused. I do think he could rightly still object if it did fix an issue.

2. Luis Armstrong

Luis Armstrong Banned

spoiler alert: new build release tomorrow

3. David Turnbull

David Turnbull Registered

had a server up since the same night 494 was released, i updated through the launcher, i and other have had no problems joining it, i dont know if getmod works but nobody has complained that it doesnt, heres what i did......

remade rfmod like this: PrestoGP_Test_Mod

named server like this: PrestoGP-Test-Server

no other changes, works fine for all of us and we'll be using it for a league race tomorrow.

our other server PrestoGP-Test-Server-2 is set up exactly the same, no problems here.

i do have problems joining other servers though, probably as simple as they havent named things properly, the annoying this is once isi fix this bug we'll have to redo rfmods no doubt lol

4. R1CHO

R1CHO Registered

lol rfmods always need updating ;p

5. Ruben Miranda

Ruben Miranda Registered

Oh please please someone make it STOP!!!!!!!!

WOW!!!! You dudes just go on and on and on.

And dont tell me not to come here and read because I come here to get new info on the issue but all O am getting is this nonsense over and over again.
    We all know the problem heck the dude on top of Everest knows the problem.

Ever here of the saying
    You say it once you get help you say it twice you get less help you say it a 3 rd time and no one shows to help.

Ruben

6. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Hmmm .. I think if it's "fixed" any tex will work , spaces or no spaces , Its shouldent matter .. ?

Either way the new build is defenetly needed .. altho we havent had to many probs with 494, we followed the same rule as stated above new_vmods.ect..

We will all remember 494 ! ;-P

7. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

When 95% of the public servers have been down more then one week and we have no date to New Build. Do you rely feel that you should ask me silly questions like this?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
  8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Jesus Christ it's not like ISI deliberately broke something, bugs happen and at the end of the day IT'S JUST A GAME.....GO OUTSIDE!!

9. mixer61

mixer61 Registered

rFactor2 is only for Geeks?

10. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Rubbish,there is no fix to this issue : "The problem is the HTTP server that is built into the dedicated server crashes very frequently and when it crashes you don't know it because the server keeps on
    running. You can have guys driving on your server while the HTTP server crashes and these drivers can keep on driving but no one else will be able to join."

11. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

Kilick on the top of the page, "View the full matchmaker list" and tell me how many ISI public servers do you se on that list, answer is 0. Why do you think it is like that?
    Do you think ISI server admin don`t read forums and what you server admin has posted here a number of times how to do it right with this build and and is not is paying any attention.

Well I don`t think so, do you think Tim from ISI don`t know how to host public servers?

12. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

We tried in our league all fixes I can find, and no results... 2 mins and Joim button grayed out untill next restart, then again only 2 mins and server does not allow more drivers to join.

Say me where is that fix because I sae anything useful, and we tried some of people posted here and in other threads.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

13. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

I don`t believe there is any fix, ISI public servers is down and I think this is reason to that:

"The problem is the HTTP server that is built into the dedicated server crashes very frequently and when it crashes you don't know it because the server keeps on
    running. You can have guys driving on your server while the HTTP server crashes and these drivers can keep on driving but no one else will be able to join."

New build is only fix there is :)

14. Esteve Rueda

Esteve Rueda Registered

Yes, I know, buy I'm interested in the fix John is talking about. Because the most posted one is the no spaces in vmods and server name, for us It does nothing. Tested with server name, with vmod name... 0 results.

The strange thing is why some (just few) servers works with no problem.

For now... league I race will just race with B382, It worked great with no problems since release day.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9505 mediante Tapatalk

15. Lazza

Lazza Registered

You know that quote you keep pasting was from Noel Hibbard, right? Now Noel knows his stuff, and I don't doubt he's describing what he's found, but it's very different to someone from ISI saying what you're pasting. And someone reading your posts might think that's the case.

There may be something making the HTTP server crash, but when some servers run - continuously - for days and weeks without issue, it suggests there might be another root cause.

16. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

yes, what you say can bee right, I have error log`s where \Core\rFactor2 Dedicated.exe crashes, with build 494 and unstable 515 when some players join and it is with ISI mods and tracks only.
    This happens with two server PC`s and not with same vmod.

17. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

Just a suggestion: start a dedicated server and start cports too. Look into cports wich ports are using for https. For me it is from install to install (same build) different, e.g.: 51198, 51199, 51217, 51218, 59312, 59313 and so on. Also with other build it`s different too. Looks like random ports lottery.

If these ports are not unblocked by your firewall, could be a explanation for the "user can`t join" problem (vmod is not available). Also, if another program on your game server is using one of these ports, maybe this could be responsible for the http crashes...(bind error etc.)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2014
  18. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

Nobody here said that this thing happend on purpose. The problem you can't understand is you are playing offline most of your time as i took out of your posts. Thats fine for you so you don't have all this issues at all and you could run almost every build fine and u can enjoy all the improvements made to the game. For someone like me i don't get satisfied at all when racing against the ai because its still not good in my opinion. Surely its the best AI in a racing sim out there but it still lacks too much features for my liking(btw iam sure if i would get all the features i want in an AI nobody without an 6 or 8core with massive GHZ would be able to race it). So iam force to use the multiplayer and its really annoying to restart the server every 40mins to 1 hour just to be sure people are able to join on the server. And for me its a big problem with this build, i wasn't that annoyed with build 382 and the random ctds i got with it because i was able to rejoin the server everytime after a crash. Now the ctds have reduced a lot but the join problem appeared. The only thing i don't get here is why ISI doesn't go back to the old MM system and works on this one till its done. At least we would be able to join servers without problems. I got no problems on waiting for a new build except i got massive problems with the game itself and i think there are a lot of guys out there with the same reasons to keep moaning about the problem. And theres still some "bugs" i mention since the first build which really don't bother me like all the dirt and water inside the car!

19. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Or you could stick a fork in an apple.

No wait, I mean maybe just maybe ISI is not prepared to host their servers with a 'work around'. after all its kinda advertising rf2 to the public. Just assuming that their servers are not online because....is just that. an assumption. on which you base a discussion. Not sure if...

20. Bjørn

Bjørn Registered

Honestly, John... Make your admin to create a topic with his/her/Lazzas work-around... I'd love to be able to host a server again of my own with the car/track combo I LIKE... Has not been possible in either 494 or 515. My love for rF2 is racing casually with friends, you're included here, but it's impossible at the moment...