REPLACED rF2 Build 494 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Have to agree with that. in rf2 we are not ready for championships just yet, we run single events every week and its a bit more relaxed in taking care of server/members.
    But even in rf1 we did the same thing, when in serious-mode, admins decide what's going on. not even because they know more but just to avoid a complete mess and then having to chase ducks all the way to the official event where some still haven't read announcements and whatnot.
    Avoid trouble by coaching your members properly. any update on the sim, or mods, or tracks, is going to have question marks that need to be resolved first.
    Build updates are to be considered a liability when in the midst of a championship. Not because ISI, but just because of the unknowns. gotta make sure and don't ruin someone's championship aspirations by updating without investigating.

Not sure about dedicated no-auto-update though, works like a charm for us so far.

2. UlrichBlanke

UlrichBlanke Registered

totaly agree - where is the "Like"-Button ?

3. hockel

hockel Registered

yeah, I removed the "do not auto-update" part from my post, you're right, it seems to work for most out there and in that case I should not mention it

4. Guy Moulton

Guy Moulton Registered

For my league's championship- we started on Sunday and no one had an issue. I think most of the issues people are having are user-created. This build is not perfect but 90% of the problems were solved by re-making rfmods and sticking to the new naming conventions. A lot of the other issues have been cosmetic.

We have a rule for our league- update only if the new build is available on the Friday before a race or earlier. With a modicum of effort and patience, a group of reasonable people can use rF2 for a league with little or no issues.

5. stonec

stonec Registered

If it would be a simple change of re-naming the rfmods, I'm sure the ISI servers would have been back running long ago, but they are down since soon two weeks. Our league has seen a massive decrease in members on the server ever since 494 came out. Even after we disabled getmod, which should theoretically allow users to join. It still takes a clicking exercise to get to the server.

6. Juergen-BY

Juergen-BY Registered

+1

7. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

It is not acceptable to use leagues and general public for stability testing in a non beta software as this without alerting them. :mad:

8. ErnieDaOage

ErnieDaOage Registered

We also get Server crashes if people join with a faulty car and we get this with ISI official content and also with 3rd party mods. If u join with the wrong car u get the old join/leave bug in the chat window and sometimes no one can join the server but the people which are already on it have no problems till they try to rejoin the server.

9. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

We´ve made a fun race with f3 in croft and all went ok.
    We´re having last round of (delayed by 494) Camaro Cup this thursday. We will see how it goes.

10. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Rfactor 2 was always given an "as is" status, if you were unable to read this before you bought it, then oh dear.

11. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Silly me, off course, the majority of users are impatient, unreasonable and you can easy run Leagues with little issues, if any.

I must be Alice in Wonderland :confused:

lopl

12. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

Yet here I am, paying for beta testing a broken multiplayer which I can't even use... With a build released 2weeks ago?

13. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Then maybe you should have kept a back up copy of the old build? Things get updated, new bugs appear, others get squashed, welcome to the world of gaming.

Plus, you PAID (past tense) for this "beta", you are not still paying for it. You bought it at the state it was, plus what have you lost exactly?

14. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Oh please.

What if it greatly enhanced the ability to significantly solve any issues. Would you still object then?

15. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Yeah, that's pretty spot on my friend.

16. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Welcome to the world of gaming......... how condescending can you get. hehehe ;)

Tell me what other simulation has bugs that rival these after 2 years release ? ........... None I have ever owned and I have 95% of them since Indy500.

The term "beta" was dropped more then 6 months ago as far as I am aware yet people are still content to use it as if it lends credibility to any statement. :)

Tim you are impatient and totally unreasonable prat to think otherwise after 2 years. ( rollseyes ) hehehe ;)

17. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Another new bug after 2 years is when you use replay mode in conjunction with a full screen window mode and multi-tasking.

rF2 sound just freezes, not a great issue just plain annoying. :)

I am generally pleased with the sim as I believe the majority are.

It does not hurt to let people blow off a bit of steam and debate opinion.

18. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's not even that hard; the downloads section at rfactor.net has (after a few clicks) the last 5 versions all available for download :)

19. jjcook

jjcook Registered

I have the last version, current version, and test build of the next version.......that doesn't change the fact ISI broke the MP badly and are now taking too long to do something about it. It wont be properly fixed and useable until they make it so...people who bought a product with a particular feature available like multilayer should be able to expect some level of reliability from the product they bought, especially from such an important feature - sure; things can go wrong and there can be bugs to sort out -but i think people also have a right to complain at this point- the disclaimer doesn't really count unless you are trying to get your money back....i'm not, i just want ISI to fix it yesterday - call me impatient if that helps you dismiss the complaint but it still wont change the facts....customers are po'd

20. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Never said otherwise.