Released Honda Civic NGTC BTCC Car v1.07 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Valter Cardoso

Valter Cardoso Registered

Well, just dont then.

2. Minibull

Minibull Member

I never implied that you did! I was just making a general statement regarding some people and their opinions on how things should be "to them"!

Back OT: I've only had a little play round with the Civic for 30 mins or so, but I reckon there will be some great races on the servers in the next couple of weeks XD

3. realkman666

realkman666 Registered

Yeah...

If you feel like making a full BTCC or WTCC series with cars and tracks, go ahead, you'll have my purchase. Kinda makes the older cars feel dumb, but the FFB on that thing is detailed beyond anything else. I'll just keep on dreaming of Pau, Macau and Marrakech. I wonder if this was the hardest car to make so far.

4. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Mind you that there is another two cars in development as we speak, AC Cobra and Panoz Roadster.

Altho i would also prefer ISI on focusing having a full grid, what they are trying to do right now is to have a big variety of car types and characters so everybody can find what they fancy, hopefully the modding community will pick up from there and some modding group will finish the BTCC grid, altho its not ideal, i dont think we will get full grids any other way

5. maniac618

maniac618 Registered

The way I let out "Oh my god" when I just read this thread title made my gf think something awful had happened on the news! Thanks so much ISI and Honda Yuasa Racing!

6. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Another seriously high quality sim-car from ISI not spent much time with it but instantly could see it was excellent

Good work ISI

( I did try the isi server but a complete waste of time bad fps absurd lag I think most others were suffering same as there was a massive pile up even before the 1st corner! )

7. Alden Edwards

Alden Edwards Registered

Tried some offline laps earlier as I'm experiencing difficulties playing on the ISI servers, 1st impressions are excellent.
    I've been waiting with baited breath for this car since it was announced so with all my personal expectations it would be hard to live up to that, from my limited playing time I think it may have exceeded them.
    This car is fantastic great work ISI.

8. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

This was nothing I noticed yesterday. I did 2 races, both with 20+ players, starting from 2nd or 3rd row (mirrors enabled and 20 visible cars) and no lag at all. Some good close racing for 7 laps and no strange physics behaviour at all, except when the car in front of me rolled over and the whole car sunk into the road, with only the tires sticking up, and when I drove over his car my own car became airborne and I crashed too. Lol.

The car is really great. Not my type of car really, but it's definitely top quality work from ISI.

9. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

For me the best thing to hit Sim Racing since...Well...The best thing to hit Sim racing. I am bias I must admit, but damn it is an ISI Masterpiece. The dream of a full grid is I fear just that, well a full ISI grid anyway. But if we get another couple of examples, that would be a great base for modders to work from.

10. rob1178

rob1178 Registered

Mores server was nuts earlier.

Cars kangarooing, lagging, then d/c

Did a non ISI server with less cars and was fine

Car is a beauty to look at, fun drive loads of oversteer

I noticed the wing mirrors would 'flash' on and off in cockpit view

11. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

Strange

I have a very fast connection too ( now 30meg ) wired

Rfactor 2 now how a good & decently sized selection of high quality sim-cars
    I do hope their going to reeve up progress on quality tracks
    As well as optimising & completing existing ones
    (I only mainly use 1 car but like to use a selection of tracks )

12. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

hm i find the FFB while reversing wrong, it pulls the steering wheel into the corner a lot, i dont remember any of my real life FWD cars to do that (and yes one of them did not have power steering)

13. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

First impressions:
    -very nice interior!
    -very "dynamic" driving behaviour --> you can make the car handle in so many different ways, depending on your driving technique! awesome :)
    -other than reported by someone earlier, my medium tires only degraded to 80% at front left after 7 hard laps at silverstone.
    -ffb feels great, once you get used to the torque steer :p

bugs(?):
    -AI on silverstone is very very slow. at 100% i easily was 3 seconds faster without fiddling with the setup and on my first laps
    -something in the communication with plugins seems to be differing from other cars:
    i use fazerbox' awesome trackmap plugin (http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/3609-TrackMap-0-9beta-Plugin-for-rFactor2) to get the ride-height and slip of the wheels shown (why does the plugin not appear on the screenshots??). the plugin shows you the ride-height and slip relative to some default value, by showing higher or lower bars and coloring them. The default values seem to be off at the honda, since the plugin always shows maximum slip (no lockup though) and suspension at the bump-stop. i don't know if the plugin works that way (with default values given by the mod), but this is what i suspect, since i never experienced this on any other car/mod.

14. MJP

MJP Registered

You don't need a fast connection you need a stable packet loss free connection. It was only just over 3 years ago I was only on a 512k down 256k up connection (would've been fine for rF2) but it was rock solid, gave me low pings and I hardly ever saw any packet loss or jitter. If only my current 'hi speed' connection was as good as my old one.

@JJStrack

I see what you mean, I don't get any ride height or downforce info in motec, no slide % or tyre loads either.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
  15. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Had done a couple of races on the ISI Loch Drummond Server because I think the track profile fit more to the Civic.
    We was around 10 online driver no lag or warp noticed.
    The car is fantastic! Ages ago I owned a Golf GTI and the massiv pulling on the wheel according to the steering angle during the accelaration remembers me to some exciting expiriences with the GTI :D
    To prevent and hold my FPS around 70 I generally lowered some settings on my system (this is since a month had nothing to do with the civic). The Civic looks still beautiful (and very realistic) with this setting.
    IMHO this track car combo is the leap to the next ISI level.
    Thanks to ISI very well done :)
    PS: ISI it was very nice and a big from you to release this car yesterday!
    Respect.

16. cosimo

cosimo Registered

This Honda is a blast! Thanks ISI for putting this masterpiece together.
    In my first lap at Mores I couldn't hold a "Oh my God" and a big smile on my face :)

17. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

I haven't raced RF2 in a few weeks and drove the car in an online race at Silverstone last night.
    What a fun little car to drive.
    I got spanked...but it was pure fun.
    I 'dropped' in just as the quali finished and didn't get time to setup anything
    Great sound and the FF seems more precise.
    Thanks for the car.

18. Mini Schnauzer

Mini Schnauzer Registered

Hi I tested off line for 1 h, 25 AI with 10 visible, no problem. Very funny.

19. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

The servers appear to have crashed, I'm restarting the actual server machine. This has been a bit of a PITA lately. I think I have to remove LR entirely, possibly only run 4 servers.

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Full/Max/Quality