Released Honda Civic NGTC BTCC Car v1.07 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 31, 2013.

1. DEK

DEK Registered

Ach quatsch. Ich mach doch nur Spaß. Deswegen auch der ;) smiley. Ich kann dich nur zu gut verstehen...
    Frohes neues.

2. speed1

speed1 Banned

Danke, da siehst du was ich meine mit Missverständnisse. Es ist wirklich nicht einfach und gemeint sind die Armleuchter und Nullnummern hier, sicher nicht meines gleichen. ;) Frohes neues.

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

I have had several CTD when trying to start an offline race on Silverstone with 29 AI. I had to load the track with no AI, and then add them one by one.

4. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

Silverstone with ISI Mod ~100-130 FPS , 8GB 2166 DDR3 Ram , i5 3570K , GTX 670 , cant sleep , now i tset OC CPU @3,8GHz/bevor 4GHz , Ram @1800 = 1:1 , but i got only with rF2 crashes , but i Test bevor i make new Install , with Build 382 crashes was a lot more as bevore .

edit : same as bevore , SP crashes at the end of loading screen , MP now as i went from Track to Box : (

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
  5. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Well.... First, I'm not a fan of this type of car. That said, for this type of car, it's what you would expect, it behaves nicely enough and the FFB actually feels FWD - for better or worse.

Just did a race on the official server - Silverstone (Touring2 it looks like) though... rFactor 2 needs a serious netcode adjustment, or the servers are laughably bad. Once again, rFactor 2 takes two steps forward, and one step back. Or maybe that step has always been there and I've been lucky the few times I've run online, but if that is what you have to offer, why bother? When I'm driving around a second off my pace to laugh at your netcode, you have something going wrong.

First couple of CTDs for rF2 for me in a long while as well, though I think they were related to my recording program. That said, I've used the same one for a year and a half with no issue. Switched from Action to Dxtory and had no issue. Strangely, Action does not get along well with Gm2 at all on my system, but rF2 has typically liked it as much as any other modern engine - very nicely.

On the plus side, car drives as expected. Does FWD "youthinkthiscantbesaved?" saves all day. FFB feels good, though I'm not sure how well it translates into a sim where you have no "butt feel", but I could get used to it. Visually up to a 2013 (err, 2014 for some) quality. Sounds are passable, though I've noticed a rather.... not very good reverb thing happening, but that isn't specific to this car.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Home and drunk, first thing I do is check ISI forums to see if the Civic is out....HURRAH....downloading and then sleep...Dont Drink And Drive Kids!

Many Many Thanks ISI :)

7. William David Marsh

William David Marsh Registered

I've had quite a few issues with the server, mainly "freezes" where I am frozen in position for a second or two, then I continue. Has thrown me off to the point where I spun and hit the wall before >.<

8. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Were you online or off when getting the CTDs mate? When I was online earlier, I was getting them. Then raced offline for 2 hours no issue. I was using Shadowplay to record while on and offline.

9. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

Both. Online I was able to spectate a bit, offline I got half a lap in. When I switched to dxtory / online at the end, worked just fine. Haven't tried offline yet (getting ready too actually so I can post back here when I get more time under it)

10. Brolo

Brolo Registered

Awesome car to drive! Happy New Year everyone!

11. Eddy

Eddy Registered

12. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yes, with Silverstone you will be overloading your system. BTCC doesn't even run that many cars. :)

13. 88mphTim

Person above you has a better card than you do and is saying that he was overloading his system, and had to reduce AI.

14. 88mphTim

This car isn't related to any netcode change. What you could actually be seeing is the requirement for the server to be restarted, due to the lagging caused by a plugin I'm using to get two servers to show here on the forum.

Although, with Silverstone, it's probable that either your system, or the systems of those you are racing are the reason for the netcode looking bad. Read our FAQ: What is lag/warp, how can I fix it?

15. 88mphTim

16. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Can you tell anything about your settings? are they all on full? Just asking bcause i just ordered a almost simulair system with a slight better cpu hehe, would be very happy when i have the same eye candy next week :)

btw Happy 2014 to all, thanks ISI and Tim, keep up the good work

17. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

Think thats not the Prob , delate old things in my folder/user data , now its better , now i safe only Settings for Silverstone at megane/Vette/Civic , and my controller Settings , make new install with only the Cars i need longer to drive and than all will be right : ) ( think so )

Edit : See the usuage load CPU/RAM/GPU+Memory/Temps/Vcore and more all time on Display from my G15 ( read with Aida 64 ) , there is all ok .

18. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

EDIT - Seems the servers were ripe for a restart.

Plus side, I've narrowed down my CTDs to Action and rF2 not being on speaking terms anymore.

19. Miro

Miro Registered

That's strange, I've just recorded a video with this combo.
    All good here.

20. Empty Box

Empty Box Registered

ATI or nvidia?