Released Honda Civic NGTC BTCC Car v1.07 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

This is the first car I drive since the new patch where I read something about an improved collision model, did this car break it again cus I see alot of this (and it was far from the worse):

And no it wasnt because of terrible pings, pings were around 80

2. SpeedLab

SpeedLab Registered

If you drive two different race cars in real life on the same track, even if the are the same class of cars the wheel will not feel the same. Why should ffb setting be the same between different cars or games? Also people have different wheels, each wheel has many adjustments that will make the wheel feel and react different. Its ridiculous to always assume ISI is the problem for ffb issues.

3. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

ยจ

ye this is what is happening in MP all the time now, they seem not to improve the collision system but make it worse ye

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Maybe car dependant? because the collision model sure was pretty great in our event using the Williams JPH1B. the racing was super close, nudging each other, wheel to wheel, etc and it behaved perfectly.

Nice car ISI, thx for this nice gift :)

5. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

On of it's quirks as we continue to develop it. I think you'll see stuff like this in any sim from time to time, even after we continue to develop, you're still going to see the odd quirk.

6. speed1

speed1 Banned

Tested shortly on LochD with light rubber preset. Very nice vehicle, nice cockpit, well done but I can only say you Guy's do you really hurt yourself with these bad setups as well as with the basic ffb settings, further I would recommend not to deliver the vehicle in the standard with the smallest wing setting value and not with medium Compound's.

However, the driving feeling in relation to the ffb is really weird but not totally wrong in perception imho and I have the feeling the longitudinal forces overcomes the load ( total Fy forces ) under acceleration to much, especially while cornering.

I have to test in detail to be more exactly but for now I like the car very well, thanks again and have a nice day all while reabilitation from all tha drinks. :)

7. Galaga

Galaga Banned

Just completed my first full race with this car at my IRL home track of Putnam Park where I attend track days with my car which is very similar to this car. I have to say that I am utterly amazed by how accurately this combo in rF2 represents my IRL experience. The force feedback is simply dead on. It is so perfect I can literally not imagine how it could be better. The torque steer alone is just exactly how it feels. Traction loss, etc. etc. etc. is just brilliant. Absolutely phenomenal job, ISI.

Oh yeah, and anyone who wants a SPECTACULAR combo with these cars try Putnam Park. Wonderful track with great and smooth flow which is just perfect for getting to know these cars.

Edit - ...and Tres Millas :p

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2014
  8. 88mphTim

You'll have to have a word with Yuasa about the setup if you dislike it. :) There might be an option for you to look into in the controller ini which will alter how FFB feels, you seem like one who needs that. It alters how the force is presented. Can't remember which line.

9. Timpie Claessens

Timpie Claessens Registered

That's the thing (why I said "and it was far from the worse"), it isn't from time to time. The couple of races I did had nothing but Civics flying and tumbling all over the place for no reason. I started a race in front at Silverstone and in T2 my mirrors were filled with cars all over the place combined with an orchestra of crunching noises.
    I haven't driven anything else so I was just wondering whether it was just this car, it's definitly very prominent and not an odd quirk that only happens 1 contact out of 100s

10. speed1

speed1 Banned

Give me the phone number and i do a phone call but i doubt they will understand me. :) U don't know me, i did with many engineers in germany as i call as well Gumpert in tha past for something odd i liked to know ;) Which line that should be Tim ? Please have a look, not that it is a show stopper or really something bad, but wrong in this case imho :rolleyes:

T500RS here.

11. 88mphTim

Enjoyable to see these two posts back-to-back. :)

12. 88mphTim

If it was last night before I restarted, or when they needed a restart, or indeed on our servers at all right now, I think something is screwy with them and I'm not really trusting them. Unfortunately Dave isn't around to help me figure it out.

13. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes i see that and now ? It's up to you which one you prefer more, the one and only who allegedly knows the car or someone who knows tha technics. I know already what you will like to prefer but thats not a problem of me, but yours :) Take the info and do what you want with it, it's up to you, i just tell you what i perceive as a master technician with my own words as good as i can ;)

Cmon give me tha line :)

14. 88mphTim

I'll go with neither, as always, going by our physics engineer and the drivers and team technicians and engineers running the particular car.
    http://imagespaceinc.com/technology/car-models-physics/

15. sg333

sg333 Registered

I posted last night about the opponent sounds, and after more testing im sure something isnt right. If cars are right beside me or very near me, or 200 feet behind me, it all sounds the same. They sound very loud, much louder than any other cars/mods. I'm using headphones and it's very noticable. It's like a constant buzzing drone regardless where the other cars are in relation to me.

16. speed1

speed1 Banned

Yes you should and thats fine. :) But real cars have electrically controlled FFB ? U realise that i would like to help ?

17. DrMabuse1963

DrMabuse1963 Registered

Ok Tim , you got right with reduce KI , ( bevore Civic all works , but i think the last as i in SP was Build 342 ) reduced KI to 23 , SP starts , RAM usage 5,5GB from 8 , GPU Memory 99% ( 2040mb ) , set KI to 16 ~not realy different , Graphic Set from 5-4 not realy different , reduced texture Details from full flags one klick down , now RAM usage 4,5GB from 8 , GPU Memory 1750mb , time for OC my Card : )
    CPU usage was 4 Cores 90-99%@3,8GHz (i5 3570K , multy 38 ) , i set in Nv Control Panel max prerenderet frames at 1 , now CPU 20-80% in Idle , multy 16 , max to 21...

18. NunoPinto

NunoPinto Registered

I was in one server some minutes ago and I got a CTD with the message that rf2 stoped working, it happened in race when one driver joined the server, the driver went to spectate and i got the CTD, before the race on Qualify I got the first CTD, again when one driver joined the server.
    I don't know if it's the servers that can't handle or is something about the game, I never had this kind of problems with rf2.

19. 88mphTim

Do you know which server it was? Are you able to run that car/track combo offline without issue?

20. Javik

Javik Registered

for painting decals, windows need use car 1, 2, 14, 15, 55, 77 ?