Silverstone v1.01 Released

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Jun 28, 2013.

1. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Intel i5 2500k + single GTX580. No overclocking at all.
    All settings to their max (so, Full, On, Quality etc.) + Anizo x16 + AA Level 5 @ 1680x1050 + HDR.
    Driving offline in Corvette C6.R GT2, cockpit view with FOV 35 deg. on the pitlane I have 58 fps and after right turn (still in pits) it goes above 60.
    Through the whole lap, my fps are between 60 and 80 but most of the time they are between 70 and 75.

After OCing CPU and GPU I should gain about 20-30% of performance.

EDIT:
    @ Poznan I have 100-125 fps (typically 110-115) but that track is almost like a desert... not much buildings there.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
  2. Domi

Domi Registered

In my opinon with environment reflections off, the car looks pretty dead, would be good to have some fake reflections on the car (like in rF1 maybe) when the setting is "off" ... better than nothing.

3. Domi

Domi Registered

Then there is clearly a huge problem with ATI / AMD cards... If I use your settings (and I have the same cpu, but with a AMD 6950 2gb) maybe I'd get negative fps :)

4. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

Pretty good fps :p

Game looks much better with reflections on.

5. Zenon

Zenon Registered

This track looks like it was made in 2003, with poor textures, colors from a cartoon and abysmal performance.

Give feels3's reactivations back (I believe he's run out of them due to hardware upgrades) so he can continue working on his tracks, without which rFactor 2 loses about 70% of its appeal - sorry ISI, but your tracks are way under an acceptable limit.

6. TIG_green

TIG_green Registered

big +1

7. MarcG

MarcG Registered

FYI individual graphics settings on a per track basis was mentioned in the wish list forum long ago, this track, by all accounts, further proves the need for this.

8. TJones

TJones Registered

Maybe your very narrow FOV of 35 deg., helps a lot to get such good FPS. I use mostly about 62 deg.

9. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Maybe you should request for a refund ....again. :rolleyes:

10. amandhatt27

amandhatt27 Registered

Non graphical issue. My graphics seem to work acceptably. But I found an issue.
    Tried a 1 hour race, pitted about 40 mins in. Turns out the pit lane is constantly under a red light and me and all of the AI were disqualified for ignoring it. I was racing the FISI 2012

11. Old Hat

Old Hat Registered

Originally I had 10 FPS max around the track, but by reducing texture detail from high to medium got 70FPS average. Now I've put it back to high, and am still getting around 60 FPS. So, no idea what's happening. I did originally reload it several times too.

This track is fun btw...

12. GauchoRS

GauchoRS Registered

well, let me say something first ? ``The track modeling is fantastic`` !
    After much struggling with grafic settings, I could realize this fact. Now I got the problem sorted.

FPS killer was the texture detail (FULL) and Player detail (FULL) and Opponent detail (HIGH). With my Win7 64bit, 4 GB RAM, ATI HD 6850 1 GB, I got much page faults and disk swapping was destroying any performance in GAME.

I did not expected for this. May be running ``ALL CARS AND TRACKS mode`` in singe player is increasing RAM use to much ???
    Using my just made VMOD is reducing RAM use signifantly !

I am wondering if these issues never occured in tests ? If so, we could have been warned in release notes :rolleyes:

13. MJP

MJP Registered

Something is seriously amiss with those results, what resolution you running at, is HDR on, what's your GPU usage like and have you been messing around in CCC? I know I can seriously mess up my fps with too much fiddling around in NVInspector and end up having to reset to the defaults.

FWIW here's an overview of what I get with your settings, 1600@900, windowed (obviously), mirrors on, 3570K@3.6GHz, GTX470@650MHz, 8GB RAM.

Attached Files:

14. Cangrejo

Cangrejo Registered

Enviroments low is your setting

Enviroment reflections HIGH 56FPS

[​IMG]

Enviroments LOW 146FPS

[​IMG]

Environment reflections OFF207FPS

[​IMG]

2500k Sandy Bridge oc, 2 GTX 560 TI OC SLI

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
  15. Domi

Domi Registered

No, still too much framerate dropoff.

16. pleclair

pleclair Registered

Ok, after more testing, here are my personal findings:

When everything set to full, max, quality, except the texture detail set to high, instead of full, I can load the track fine with 4 AI.

It should be noted that I use the ghost, so the ghost counts as 1 AI as well, so that's 6 cars total with me.

I tried adding AI within the session, got up to 6 AI, 7 AI (plus me and ghost, 9 cars) will crash instantly.

At 5-6 AI (plus me and ghost), if I enter the track, when seeing cars + pit lane, the fps drops at 3-6, until I'm out the pit, then it goes back to 50-60s.

I tried waiting the cars on another segment of the track, and there was no slowdowns for all the track, until I got back to where I could see the pitlane again, so that's about the curve prior the sharp S turn near the finish.

I tried upgrading my graphic drivers as one suggested, was running latest whql, tried latest beta, and I couldnt still load the track with texture full with no AI. I also tried turning down track detail to high, and few other to 1 notch lower, and try to see what would be texture detail to full look like, but seems the culprit is in the texture details for me. 1.5gb video ram isn't enough?

I still hope to see an updated version that runs a tad smoother, with more AI :)

17. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

Why these days people still stay with just 4GB RAM, while using Win 7 x64 and high end graphics? :)
    Page file scrapping HDD kills performance in any game. RAM is so cheap nowadays, it should be the first thing to buy, if you still have only 4GB (and Win 7 + high end graphics).

Yup, it was already in rF 1 but in rF 2 it is not THAT bad... but still behind nVidia cards.

18. pleclair

pleclair Registered

That might explains why my "lower end" pc runs that much fps on silverstone, I use FOV 30... I find 30-35 is exactly what you see when standing in a real car... 60 is like driving in the back seat :)

19. raekwon

raekwon Registered

now... in general, on almost all rf2 tracks its just me that... i find the colours much natural with HDR OFF...????
    with HDR ON the game seems like a cartoon to mee... bahhh

about silverston... good job... but a performance like that for a graphic result witch is in 2013 poor (my personal opionion about RF2 graphic...and i dont complain about that i'm just looking for good phisics in this game) its not acceptable

20. Zenon

Zenon Registered

I believe I'm already past the 30-day return period :p. Anyways, I like rF2 as such, the cars are OK, I like the way they drive, the AI is the best I've seen and there are features other sensible sims do not have, like rain and day/night transition, not to mention RailRoad...the thing, is a lot of the features are severely underdeveloped and rough/coarse and the tracks hardly differ from their rF1 counterparts in their ugliness....thank god/satan for feels3 :)