New content badly needed

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GUBBA, May 1, 2013.

1. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I dont understand how do you call the C6 a quality content!
    That car is far from being realistic!

2. baked bean

baked bean Registered

I do, its a great car.

3. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I think that's a little unfair. DTM are cars are high-downforce, purpose built race cars. Very light and powerful. I've heard them referred to as front-engined F1 cars. The T5 mod is very grippy at speed but can become unstable and skitish in slow corners. I think that's pretty accurate.

I'm not saying the mod is perfect as I would like to see further adjustments, but it's certainly not arcade. Unless the definition of arcade is any car that's not insanely difficult to drive and not always on the edge.

4. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I know, some of you like to drive on ice!:D

5. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I had tried the NASCAR several times in the past in iRacing and it was like driving in the ice, but some days ago Valentino Rossi has tried a NASCAR car and the first thing that he said after the test " damn, these cars have a scary grip"!
    The same thing about the C6, I cant feel it, I can go fast with it, doing good times, but I have to drive it with the memory!

6. baked bean

baked bean Registered

While the rest want it on rails.

7. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Well if the truths unfair so be it, that mods grips ott, so is the downforce, with lowest wing settings the cars still on rails simply not right. We will see what the patch dose before final judgment.

8. jpalesi

jpalesi Registered

You should go ahead and try to pay the licence for a full championship. It's probably less expensive than licencing a single car :)

The T5 is just impossible to spin even in the rain. The tires are barely spinning on cold tires or in the rain.
    If it's accurate, then you might wonder how in hell real life drivers can spin :confused:

9. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

This is what DTM (and ALMS) driver Joey Hand said...

http://www.roadandtrack.com/racing/dtm-racing-defined

10. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

Fix the game before adding more "crap".....

11. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

All cars should be easy to spin in the wet and especially under braking with load on the car.

12. Grubby

Grubby Registered

How is it redundant?
    ISI release a mod today because this is what people want, then in a week or a months time they release new build. This new build has advanced new features any every one thinks its great except none of their mods are updated to take advantage of the new features.

I think the foundation needs to come first and then the mods.

13. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Imo The T5 mod or any newish dtm mod should handle kinda like a beefed up Megane trophy car as thats high downforce too. Im sure in the T5 mod ive got through certain track sections quicker then ive done in the MR01, is that right?

14. F2Chump

F2Chump Registered

No, one of them is wrong, as given the weight advantage of the MR01, no tin top should ever compete with it thru corners.
    F1 cars have so much grip, that u often see the teams leave Q3 till the last few laps, basically assuming they'll max out their time within 1-2 laps.

15. BlaringFiddle5

BlaringFiddle5 Registered

wow - the amount of people knocking good quality content in this thread is amazing! There is nothing wrong with the content. What I think is missing is the ability to setup a meaningful championship etc... with stat tracking. That would remove boredom i bet. Hopefully some modder will add that as ISI already stated they will not. I would be playing rFactor2 more if it wasn't for preparing for FW31 on iRacing weekly. Played it alot last week during week 13 on iRacing.

16. Muxi-Mux

Muxi-Mux Registered

I will go ahead and will buy the title when he offers me a full championship, like bought rF2, netKar Pro, WRC, iRacing and on and on and on. I bought nearly all Racing Simulations just to support the developers of my favorite hobby (beside my amatuer real racing) - Simracing! :)

17. Panigale

Panigale Banned

Yes, the C6R is my fav mod from ISI. High levels of grip and can be thrown around really well. I think this car shows how good ISI's sim really is. Like others have said though, I wish there were additional cars in its class to run against.

I also agree, the T5 mod is a slot car, great work by that individual but even he stated (in his thread) that the goal was part arcade or fun vs full on sim. That was his intention and close to his own words, odd that some still say it is realistic.

18. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

High level of grip? Where?

Corvette is still horrible to drive, and ISI know that. They state the car physics was in a very early stage and ask for wait the final physics. There're a lot of graphics issues as well as the positioning of the wheels. I think ISI released Corvette in a very green state. I'm confident the final version will be excellent but it's not the case yet.

19. Woodee

Woodee Registered

I think the potential is there to output results to structure a championship. It was done before for RF1, so I'd imagine it will be possible for RF2. We did it in our league but can't remember what software was used. Unsure if it would work for "offline" championships though.

20. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

You must have some software bug or have never drove on ice in reality... :)

rF2 is nothing like driving on ice. On green track, I can still push the car at 80-90% - brake a few meters sooner, more careful on the throttle in slow corners - things like that.
    If a lap time between completely green track and fully rubbered-in track differs by 5-10% then how much grip difference can be there really? Definitely not enough to complain it's like driving on ice.

I've looked up your onboard with C6 at Putnam Park: LINK
    From your video it may seem like car is twitchy, but next day I posted my onboard: LINK.
    Same car, same track, but all of a sudden this car goes smooth and stable.

I really don't consider myself a skilled driver, but I keep on learning and adapting to what car demands of me.
    So I'm guessing there's some weak spot in your driving style - maybe lack of fluency? Or perhaps you're entering corners faster, while I enter slower and get on power early?

I had the same with Nissan GTR - slower entry and getting on power early was a lot better and easier technique with default setup.