Updated Historics 1.4 versions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Apr 23, 2013.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

Mmm... can`t get the vMod to work now...

:confused:

2. Johan Östman

Johan Östman Registered

3. Ryno917

Ryno917 Registered

Nice to see an update. Hopefully I'll get a chance to give it a go sometime soon! Been ages since I have...

4. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Yes! nice work ISI :D It was really noticable that this content had not been touched in a long time, it needed some love. New shaders for EVE looks much better (and the black rims), like I expected. Before update it was 'cartoon', now it actually looks like metal and we have reflections. But I have not had time to try it yet, I've only tried the Brabham and I can tell that there is a difference. Feeling is very similar (and it was really great before update) but it's a bit harder to control when accelerating out from low speed corners, a bit more oversteer. And that is nice.

When it comes to tracks, Monaco and Brianza looks good. I can detect some small changes (except the advertising and missing building has returned). Overall impression is good and all tracks take much longer time to rubber in, and that's more realistic. But I'm not sure about Spa... I'll drive it more until I make a final decision, but first impression is that it looked a bit better before. Grass looks really bright, in contrast to the very dark bushes and trees. I think grass was a bit too dark before, but now maybe it's a bit too bright? Well, as I said I'll drive it more and maybe I'll change my mind.

Great update
    Approved by Hedlund :cool:

5. K Szczech

K Szczech Registered

Actually, I think grass is better now, but trees and bushes lack realistic lighting to complete the picture.

6. argo0

argo0 Registered

Yeah, just to confirm, I can no longer move my side mirrors independently in the Spark F2 but I can in the Brabham. Anyone else got this problem?
    There are other mirror control issues in some of the other cars and have been for months. Why? Is this issue more complicated to fix than I assume?

7. MrPix

MrPix Registered

I would live with non-adjustable mirrors without any hesitancy, if they had the perfect and expected rear view automatically regardless of seat position... just as they would be if they had been set up when first entering the vehicle.... There are so many more important things in this sim than adjustable mirrors, particularly if they are difficult to 'get right' or 'get working' on a per car basis... all in my own opinion by the way.

8. argo0

argo0 Registered

But, my question is - why is it difficult for 'ctrl and seat position' or 'alt and seat position' to work in all the cars? I just struggle to believe that it is difficult or time consuming or would need to come at the cost of some other feature. As for importance, being able to see behind you is vital.

To anyone who knows. Am I wrong to expect the mirrors and their controls to work by now?

9. tjc

tjc Registered

argo0...

This was definitely working before the updates to the 60`s content, it was for me anyway. Just as you say, "alt + seat position" worked fine but I`ve not tried to move the mirrors since the new 60`s stuff. I will and report back.

10. argo0

argo0 Registered

Thanks TJC.

The thing is, prior to these updates, the mirrors were black (without a community fix). I was able to use the community fix, and the mirror controls worked (in the Spark F2 and Brabham anyway). Fine. Since the update, mirrors are no longer black, but the controls now don't work. So, I've gone from my mirrors working fine (thanks to the community) before the updates to having to use the virtual centre mirror now after the updates.
    I could just shut up about it and consider it unimportant. But that doesn't seem right to me. Sorry everyone!

11. tjc

tjc Registered

No need to be sorry argo0, if they aint working then that is a bit of a bummer and something I thought would be working too with the updates...

And your right to say too, after all that`s what we`re here for. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2013
  12. jimagn

jimagn Registered

13. Magus

Magus Registered

Briefly tested and it's a lovely update.

Did notice one bug on the Eve F3 MS5/1 1966 vehicles, when in cockpit, wheel off, FOV - Default, Seat Position at 200/0, there is a big space between the outer right wheel and inner tire, where basically the metal is transparent and showing the background environment. There is also a smaller transparent area on the left wheel too. The FOV and seat positions don't need to be so accurate to view the bug.

14. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Screw mirrors! Lol

15. tjc

tjc Registered

Youv`e lost me there Spinelli mate...

:confused:

16. Carbonkid

Carbonkid Registered

I there pelople, whenever I install the Monaco 66 or the Brianza 66 components, the game crashes to desktop when i select Race, inside the game (in any track, in any car). Anyone with the same issue? Going to reinstall the game tomorrow, to see if it fixes the problem.

17. elbo

elbo Registered

These are nice now...not touching them again until we get a working clutch though...

18. Radar

Radar Registered

So how do you know they're nice then ;) lol

19. hangon

hangon Registered

Every frisking time we have some of these updates things don't work...obviously just for me since others have things going??
    How can you uninstall eg: brianza 1.0 for example..i try and it says cannot uninstall in use by 3 mods...or any other track the same thing...all I know is rfactor crashes everytime I try to run the historic vmod or any of the tracks with updates....so frustrated...

20. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Look at the mods it tells you it is being used by. It tells you.