Updated Historics 1.4 versions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 88mphTim, Apr 23, 2013.

1. antoinel12

antoinel12 Registered

Thanks for the update

I've got a good increase (nearly 10) of FPS (On Triple screen) on those updated tracks...

2. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Sv: Updated Historics 1.4 versions

I know the system is crazy, but its not THAT hard. If component is in use by mods, it clearly say wich mods, so just go and uninstall and delete them (you dont need mods that are using old content, right?). Then delete component.

Uninstall 1960s WCR mod and components related to it. You will still have talents left for spa and monaco so delete them. And you probably have to uninstall vmods that are using them. Do it.

Then install all new components. Works fine.

3. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Hi Tim i cant see smoke or fire through my little windscreen, watch the vid at 1:10 , then at 12:16 the car im slipstreaming catch's alight but dose not show through the windscreen. Other than that top top update, super work.

4. huguess

huguess Registered

the problem was already in the 1.1 version, i have already seen it

5. Paddler

Paddler Registered

Thanks for an amazing update. I have never experienced such a "feels real" driving sim! Keep pushing!

6. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

Really enjoying these cars. The Spark F3 around Lime Rock Park (all chicanes) is great fun. Well done ISI.

7. Nighteyes

Nighteyes Registered

I'm having problems with the new tracks. Missing textures in the landscape,popups,no trees, no crowds. Running triple screen on eyefinity anyone else having similar problems? The old versions of the tracks were fine. Any idea why?

8. Niksounds

Niksounds Registered

do you have removed 1960 class?
    I have done it, and reinstalled the tracks and cars separately.

All ok

9. argo0

argo0 Registered

Well, at Spa, I have seen a big ribbon of missing texture on the right, in the distance, early in the lap. Bit like GPL used to have often a decade ago. Also, the pop up of objects is noticeable at Spa and Monaco. The shadow drawing as you go is appalling.
    To be honest, I'm not sure where all the praise for this update is coming from.
    And yet, I can't wait to play it again. What a contradiction this software is.

10. tjc

tjc Registered

So far I`ve not encountered any missing textures or other graphical bugs with this build (198) or the new updates. Some buildings etc do pop up now and again at Spa and Monaco...

I do get the "running" shadows though but turning HDR off then back on usually fixes this or it certainly used to in the past anyway.

11. gvw

gvw Registered

thanks ISI for the updates, looking forward to trying them out :)

12. Davox

Davox Registered

13. tjc

tjc Registered

I`ve read the posts concerning some not being happy with the way the updated Belgium looks now and I`ve got to say I completely disagree.

I think it looks ten times better than it did previously and have really enjoyed the small amount of driving I`ve done there so far.

I know the colours in rf2 still require some work and I can see why this is possibly off putting for some but it`ll all get there imo.

Each to their own, obviously, but I think the updates have really improved the historic content and roll on more updates. :)

14. BazzaLB

BazzaLB Registered

I too prefer the updated tracks. Looking forward to the remaining "old content" to get the 1.4x update treatment and component release.

15. Jamezinho

Jamezinho Registered

I'm not getting very good frame rates at these tracks though.

16. tjc

tjc Registered

Mmm... I`ve not really noticed a change either way with the updated tracks/cars. It`s about the same for me I reckon...

17. argo0

argo0 Registered

My previous observations about these updates have been regarding graphics, and with the shadows, mirrors, pop-ups and colour problems, I've been disappointed.
    The physics, however, deserve some praise. Had a few laps in the Spark F2 and much (I think) has changed. Anyone thats read my blundering posts will know I can't speak from a technical viewpoint but the Spark felt more lively, more fun, more tricky, overall more going on with the car and FFB. I think I like it even though I think its less forgiving now.
    Well done ISI.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2013
  18. feels3

feels3 Member Staff Member

Nice improvements, better colours on all tracks plus lot of small details added here and there. Cars also look realy nice.

Thanks.

19. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

I like the squeking brakes :) And textures for the windscreens, looks much better and it doesn't get 'foggy' when using overcast or rainy weather :)

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

quick check, those that are complaining about the graphics at Spa (the ones in those shots), ATi or nVidia?