[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. alpha-bravo

alpha-bravo Registered

Thx Ales you made my day :)

2. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

3. RJames

RJames Registered

Thanks Ales,

First thing i noticed was the gearing on the Venom, 6th gear was useless on default set (as in no pull from 5th).

4. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Yeah need to tweak that bit more, suuchh a pain. How is physics overall? Improved?

I forgot to say to that car weight went up from 1250kg to about 1325. I wasnt sure before but regulations are empty car weight 1250kg so i had to add average driver weight to all.

5. RJames

RJames Registered

It felt good, lots of grip (maybe down to the weight) also the shorter shifting point caught me out at first. Only ran a couple of laps while putting the files on the server.

So now the server is up to date for all to use.

6. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Feels v nice indeed! Nice update.

7. sg333

sg333 Registered

AM sounds are a big improvement, definitely a huge step in the right direction. I still think the Darche sounds need work, and the Bayro sounds 'distorted' . The Venom sounds are a great start; I LOVE the sound on downshift :D

BTW, Venom shows up twice in the List menu, once as 'test car' or something.

Physics wise I think the Darche is the weakest. I cannot seem to get this car to be stable or predictable. Quite twitchy and bouncy, and very quick to snap loose.

8. C3PO

C3PO Registered

I'd loose the clicking sound of the gear shift change -- they're all paddle shift these days at this level and pretty much silent.

9. NWDogg

NWDogg Registered

After preliminary testing, everything seems much much better. I did NOT notice the braking issues that I've had previously, even when pushing the brakes harder than I realistically should. So that seems to be fixed. The grip of the cars seem good, not too much, not too little.

As said above, 6th gear in Venom is way too close to 5th. That isn't an issue though, just bump 6th gear up 3 or 4 notches in setup and problem solved. The Darche seems way more stable than before, though that might just be my imagination. The Bayro especially seems to finally be in that 'sweet spot'. Braking feels great, sounds are great, grip is great, everything is great.

I'll do some more testing today (a LOT more, especially with my all-time favorite car the Venom!) so I'll let you know if I find any issues. Again, as always, excellent work. This mod is worth every penny that I paid for it already, and it just keeps getting better and better. Thank you for the best mod in rF2!

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I made some lap with the new car and it feels good! I have to test the the Bayro and the AM later to test the new sound!

11. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

12. UnitedRacingDesign

Great that you like the new version.

For Darche, ill take more time to get the car right, its only rear engine car and gives me some pain at the moment but ill get it. Sounds for this car are beeing completly reworked to, might be ready for next build. And overall some more improvments will be done to misc sounds parts to for sure.

13. UnitedRacingDesign

That is correct, i will sort this kinda stuff to special class as we will add more test car skins or friends skins into the final version so its better to keep this kinda stuff separeted if you want to have a race and you dont get full grid of Venom later and one Bayro :)

14. baked bean

baked bean Registered

Thanks Ales starting to take shape physics wise, tried the Venom and Bayro and it seems the understeery stuff has more or less gone. Good job :)

15. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Another thought -- and I don't know whether the tyres have been looked at -- is that the rears are failing to get up to temperature compared to the fronts ... running a balanced set up gives around 65-70C at the back compared to around 90C at the front. The ideal operating temperature for GT slicks is a little under 100C.

16. smartin13

smartin13 Registered

thanks URD.great update.Darche sounds works good now.:):):)

17. tjc

tjc Registered

Thanks Ales.

Will test later. :)

18. Goat

Goat Registered

This Mod is simply AMAZING!!!! Awesome models, great physics and sounds!! Thank you for the best mod available for rF2!!

19. Tosch

Tosch Registered

Nice Update. There is a small LOD problem with the high downforce rear wing of the Bayro. The extra flaps disappear in some external cams (tested at Lime Rock).

20. Mydriaz

Mydriaz Registered

This update added to new B342 is just great !
    Driving in 3D in cockpit view with 3 no cockpit cars, looks nice now so it's really the first time I can test them and it's a real pleasure.
    I'd also never driven new venom before today, in any game, nice privilege to have it in rF2 :).
    Thank you.