[REL] EnduranceRacingX EGT by URD Update V2 July 2016!

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by UnitedRacingDesign, Apr 4, 2013.

1. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

I just tried the mod for the first time. Very nice work on the graphics!
    But i have a question regarding the drivetrain:
    As far as i know, the newer Z4 Gt3 cars since 2011 have auto-cutoff and auto-blip. For me, it seems like your mod hasn't got either of them, is that right?
    Furthermore, it feels like the inertia of motor and flywheel is very high (you can notice that when you rev it with the clutch disengaged - it takes very long to get to the lower revs again), which makes the lack of these features more noticeable...or am i misjudging that? :confused: Any other opinions on that?

2. Andregee

Andregee Registered

Briilant work so far Ales. But one little point. The loss of center force while understeer is a bit to much with the venom. All in all it makes of lot of fun to drive. The Sound of the venom is very good.

3. Hedlund_90

Hedlund_90 Registered

Ok thanks :)

4. Minibull

Minibull Member

The way the brake map/engine braking control is done seems like the "cheap" way of controlling engine braking on a motorbike, which is to raise the idle speed up and keep the throttle bodies open a sneak more. XD
    Makes the motor "hang onto" its revs like you see when sitting in the pits with these cars, blipping the throttle.

One question, have the cameras changed in the latest update? I was driving the Darche and the AM last night with the external camera around Symmonds Plains, and it was great fun. Tried it today with the Darche and kinda felt sick and weird feeling after a couple of corners. I have never got any kind of motion sickness from video games, so dunno whats going on. Something seemed way off for me, not sure what it was.

Love the Venom, looks and sounds great :D

5. Mini Schnauzer

Mini Schnauzer Registered

Hi, Alex very good job, just one thing, I drive the Darche from the cab and something has changed, it's like he really stuck to the door and embers not focused on driving position with the dashboard. Did you change the position of the camera?, Are focused when they are made ​​booths?, I find it uncomfortable to sit on one side of the board, in the venon I have not noticed this.
    The sound of the venon is great, and drives like a typical American car, good job.

6. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Yes, cams have changes but not final. Will be edited far more once cockpits are inside.

7. SripleTix

SripleTix Registered

Young Jeremy Clarkson admires URD driving park on Limerock ... and a little girl is also fascinated :).

[​IMG]

8. paarma

paarma Registered

Venom feels sluggish under acceleration like its missing low revs grunt/torque. Gearing seems very different from other cars and you cant just swap basic setups like you can with other cars.
    I tested it only for short time in Symmons Plains so perhaps I got it totally wrong. ;)
    I need to test more. :)

9. Black Dice

Black Dice Registered

Nope. You have it right. Ales is aware of it and it will be addressed next update. :)

10. GTClub_wajdi

GTClub_wajdi Registered

I conferm the the steering wheel is very hard and strong with this new version! I had to lower the ffb to 0.75 with both the Bayro and the AM! I don't know if it is the new rf2 build or the new mod version!( ps: I have much mor under-streeing with every setup I tested)!

11. sg333

sg333 Registered

I'm getting FFB clipping with the Venom in very high filter rate. Havent tested the other cars for clipping.

12. C3PO

C3PO Registered

So overall feels great in all cars ... perhaps to look at next:
    1. Noticed the cars' tyre smoke is the same particle effect as dirt -- is this a 342 build issue or something in the mod?
    2. Rear tyres failing to get up to temperature
    3. Gear change sound not needed
    4. From the exterior view, lots of flickering of textures on car --> build issue or model issue?

13. UnitedRacingDesign

Smoke cant be defined by any way on cars that is for sure, might be new build than.
    flickering happens with some tracks, especially those having lods quickly changed. I have to report this to Tim to, its an issues, even if we close a model down from both sides, somehow game makes the mesh double sided and it shouldnt.
    Gear change sound should be i think on AM available, that is it we got it from some reference we had but others not, or alteast not in that way for sure.
    Tires will be edited but overall will note all this things :)

14. UnitedRacingDesign

You will probably need to adjust ffb, nothing was changed in such way that would affect it.

15. JJStrack

JJStrack Registered

Ales, no comment on my Question?

16. UnitedRacingDesign

Sorry,forgot, some settings will be adjusted but again, the GTE is diferent from GT3, especially engine but i wanted to have basic physics done in right way and now i can concentrate more on engine, gears and tires :)

17. sg333

sg333 Registered

Now onto a controversial topic; is it possible to do both a centered and offset bonnet cam? :D

18. UnitedRacingDesign

On the "home" key i can add alot of cams.

19. TJones

TJones Registered

Bayron is a lot easier to drive now, well done!

Ales, do you think it's possible to replicate the special rear axle of the 911, known as "Weissach-axle" in the Sim, maybe with the new constraint system?

20. C3PO

C3PO Registered

Another thought: make the headlights of the Arthur 30% brighter at night (HDR is broken at night, so I did a test with HDR off which properly shows the headlights' beams). Not tried the other cars.